How Do You Not Become Energy Drained When Healing?

For matters relating to dowsing for health and wellbeing
Hillary
Beginner
Beginner

How Do You Not Become Energy Drained When Healing?

Post by Hillary »

It seems that some of my energy is being vamped or leached after a healing. I feel drained.
I use Guides and believed they are doing much of the work, but I may be using some of
my own energy in the process. Do you have a method to protect your boundaries, or
energies when healing?

(mod - moved to Health - GG)
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Re: How Do You Not Become Energy Drained When Healing?

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Hi Hillary,

Read MAP by Machaelle Small Wright. The basis of the MAP process is what the author calls a 'coning', a vortex of energy which is mysteriously set up on request. Into this vortex one invites only those entities (or their representatives) with which one intends to work. The implication here is that this vortex has a protective function, which may be what you need.

MAP is a healing process in its own right and worth experimenting with.
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

Protecting yourself is very important, as is 'cutting' yourself off from your clients energy after the session. For protection, I ask my guides to protect as well as create a protective orb around the healing room. For cutting off, I make cutting motions with my hands around my body while at the same time saying that I am cutting myself off from the energy of XYZ person.
Practice random acts of kindness
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

At times I feel drained while dowsing just in a general way, and not involved with healing, so the question of cutting off the session seems very real, or perhaps you allow the door to remain open and active and power is still flowing without your control or knowledge ? I always start by protecting before I dowse most times, BUT I cannot remember ever closing a session, perhaps its something we all should be aware of !!
mookite

Post by mookite »

Protecting yourself when healing is very important and essential. May people who have the ability to heal make the mistake of funnelling their own energy into their patient. It is important that you visualise yourself as the conduit.
Crystals in your home and carried on your person (Pocket Pebbles) are a very effective way to protect and heal the healer. Healer also need to be aware of negative attachments, which again can be protected against with crystals and mental focus.
Pocket Pebbles can be found here http://www.mookite.co.uk/shop-categorie ... egory_id=7 (link broken)
Amethyst Room specimens can be found here http://www.mookite.co.uk/shop-categorie ... egory_id=9 (link broken)
For all your healing needs visit http://mookite.co.uk
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Washing the hands with cold water after the session helps, too. (Cold water disconnects; hot water binds.)
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

mookite wrote:Many people who have the ability to heal make the mistake of funnelling their own energy into their patient. It is important that you visualise yourself as the conduit.
...and as far as I am concerned, that is the only thing that is required when healing. A healer should be picking up one or more of the Universal Healing Energies and be transmitting that energy to a patient, using Intent, (a thought form) purely to assist the body or the mind to heal itself.

Alternatively youi can ask someone 'upstairs' to do it for you but then are you actually a healer or just someone who wants someone else to be healed ? I would suggest that it is necessary for a person to have had several past lives as a healer before one can be really any good at it.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Bonnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Bonnie »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:...are you actually a healer or just someone who wants someone else to be healed ?
That is an excellent point. Wanting someone to be healed often blocks the actual healing, due to attachment to results; higher powers working in an obstructed manner through a clear and humbly cooperative conduit (as mookite states, and Geoff affirms) cause no energy drain. A teacher of mine used to say that he visualized the higher forces as a "dot" overshadowing him: he put his hands on the person seeking healing and "let the Dot do it." This always drew a laugh from the class, put the point was made.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

I think it's also worth adding that it may not only be when healing that such draining can occur...it can even be just when sitting next to somebody ( a stranger) on a bus or train, for example.
"Closing down"- or at least being aware when even being partly open- can be an important survival mechanism for some of us. There are other people who are inherently draining- usually unintentionally! Crossing my legs and folding hands in my lap can be a "marker" I use for blocking off such negative energies...but intent and a conscious protection "mini-ritual" may be necessary.
(BTW, this also raises the issue of healing without permission...because sometimes I find the urge to heal this negative energy nearby can be strong).
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

I entirely agree with you, Simon about the unintentional draining effect that some people have. My mother (when she was in her 90s) used to leach energy from my wife and myself without knowing anything about it and would have been horrified if she had known. In those days I didn’t have the high level of protection that I have now that enables me to deal with spirits that leach the energy of the living. Only yesterday I had a call from a clairvoyant friend (K) who asked me if I could remove something that was smothering her. This turned out to be quite a large snake (she could see it) and it had twined itself around her. I asked if I could remove it and was told ‘No’ but someone upstairs started to do so and my pendulum slowly revolved in an anti clockwise direction ((most odd) that mirrored what was happening to he snake that was being ‘unwound’. K told me that she could the ‘helpers’ removing a struggling snake from her environment. I found that the snake had transferred from a client who had visited J earlier in the day presumably because K was more open (sensitive) to ‘invasion’. I would be interested to learn if anyone else has encountered an animal that was leaching someone’s energy.

Another clairvoyant friend (M) told me that she was completely whacked after visiting a heroin addict who was a friend of hers. M finished the day completely whacked after having her energy leached by this friend but was Ok after I had removed the energy of the friend*** and sent M an energy boost. .

What I think I have learned from this and many other ‘cases’ is that leaching often occurs when the leached one is psychically sensitive (that can be sometimes more open to spirit possession) but the effect does not become physically apparent until some time later so it is not always possible to dowse the source although the source. As Simon has mentioned, awareness is most important in recognising that leaching is taking place, One's own protection is vital if one is attempting to remove someone or something that is leaching a ‘victim’. Permission (Can I help ?) is always necessary because, if you tread where angels fear to, you can finish up with something nasty invading you.

***Just a word on that aspect – it is possible to dowse whether someone else’s ‘energy signature’ has been left (is present) with a person. This is often useful to determine, by dowsing, who or what is doing, or has done, the leaching, or when you have dowsed that you cannot help someone, because someone else has already done so. I have found that some people can have too much healing and that becomes detrimental instead of beneficial.

Healing with or without permission would be an interesting thread to explore IMO.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Geoff,
I believe it depends on how we express the word permission in our thoughts.
I feel that some of us are very much in tune with the other side and that by our very nature and our aura shape, size and colour that emanates from us will depend on how much we need in our expression to obtain permission.
Sorry, this is deviating slightly away from the original thread.
Arthur
Rich60

Post by Rich60 »

simonwheeler wrote:I think it's also worth adding that it may not only be when healing that such draining can occur...it can even be just when sitting next to somebody ( a stranger) on a bus or train, for example.
"Closing down"- or at least being aware when even being partly open- can be an important survival mechanism for some of us. There are other people who are inherently draining- usually unintentionally! Crossing my legs and folding hands in my lap can be a "marker" I use for blocking off such negative energies...but intent and a conscious protection "mini-ritual" may be necessary.
(BTW, this also raises the issue of healing without permission...because sometimes I find the urge to heal this negative energy nearby can be strong).
Geoff Stuttaford wrote:I entirely agree with you, Simon about the unintentional draining effect that some people have. My mother (when she was in her 90s) used to leach energy from my wife and myself without knowing anything about it and would have been horrified if she had known. In those days I didn’t have the high level of protection that I have now that enables me to deal with spirits that leach the energy of the living. Only yesterday I had a call from a clairvoyant friend (K) who asked me if I could remove something that was smothering her. This turned out to be quite a large snake (she could see it) and it had twined itself around her. I asked if I could remove it and was told ‘No’ but someone upstairs started to do so and my pendulum slowly revolved in an anti clockwise direction ((most odd) that mirrored what was happening to he snake that was being ‘unwound’. K told me that she could the ‘helpers’ removing a struggling snake from her environment. I found that the snake had transferred from a client who had visited J earlier in the day presumably because K was more open (sensitive) to ‘invasion’. I would be interested to learn if anyone else has encountered an animal that was leaching someone’s energy.

Another clairvoyant friend (M) told me that she was completely whacked after visiting a heroin addict who was a friend of hers. M finished the day completely whacked after having her energy leached by this friend but was Ok after I had removed the energy of the friend*** and sent M an energy boost. .

What I think I have learned from this and many other ‘cases’ is that leaching often occurs when the leached one is psychically sensitive (that can be sometimes more open to spirit possession) but the effect does not become physically apparent until some time later so it is not always possible to dowse the source although the source. As Simon has mentioned, awareness is most important in recognising that leaching is taking place, One's own protection is vital if one is attempting to remove someone or something that is leaching a ‘victim’. Permission (Can I help ?) is always necessary because, if you tread where angels fear to, you can finish up with something nasty invading you.

***Just a word on that aspect – it is possible to dowse whether someone else’s ‘energy signature’ has been left (is present) with a person. This is often useful to determine, by dowsing, who or what is doing, or has done, the leaching, or when you have dowsed that you cannot help someone, because someone else has already done so. I have found that some people can have too much healing and that becomes detrimental instead of beneficial.

Healing with or without permission would be an interesting thread to explore IMO.
Its all about protection, plus before you give the healing, as you said you connect with your healing guide through meditation and visualisation, basically you invisage healing energy flowing into you through your crown chakra down your body out of your hands, into your patient. Doing it properly you will feel great, when you give good healing you also receive healing it really does feel wonderful. As for healing with dowsing i don't know how to do it.

New member Richard Griffiths

(mod - posts merged - GG)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Rich60 wrote: As for healing with dowsing i don't know how to do it.
One way is to use the pendulum to determine how long to send the healing energy for. When the pendulum swing changes, you know you've sent enough at that point.

In Sig Lonegren's book 'Spiritual Dowsing', he describes a slightly more advanced version of that technique, when a change in pendulum swing indicates that you change from channelling healing energy into the patient, to grounding detrimental energy out of the patient into the earth, and back again.

It's quite common to use the pendulum to indicate a change of state in this manner.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.