Digests

Where to find forum tutorials, ask questions about technical issues etc.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Digests

Post by Grahame » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:03 pm

Back in the early days of the forum, a feature that was asked for by a few members was the ability to have a regular digest of posts emailed to them to save having to check into the forum frequently. At the time, the forum software did not allow for such a facility.

Those members who requested such a feature will be pleased to learn that I've just added an extension that does exactly that. You can access it from your User Control Panel - click on your name at the top right and then select the rightmost 'Digest' tab at the top of the window.

Then there are four tabs down the left-hand side that allow you to set various options, such as how often you want to receive a digest, which forums you want to subscribe to, when you want to receive it, and so on.

I don't think it's worth selecting 'daily' as a frequency at the moment as things are rarely that busy these days, but give it a shot at 'weekly' and see how you get on. I'm still experimenting with it myself to see what works best, so let me know what you think of it and let's see how it goes.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.

simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Digests

Post by simonwheeler » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:36 pm

Thanks. Just set up mine. For anyone else doing the same: it seems you need to set- and save- your basics selections before you can change the defaults in the other sections.
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon