Forum section for comments and discussion about Grahame's dowsing podcasts
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

048: Sunset on Sighthill

Post by Grahame »

I'm rather late in getting this one to air as it was mostly recorded at the spring equinox, but it gives a fascinating insight into the history of "Glasgow's Stonehenge", the Sighthill stone circle, which has now been removed to make way for a housing development. It will be a few years before it is reconstructed in a nearby location.
https://adventuresindowsing.com/aid048- ... sighthill/
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
SparkTalker
Beginner
Beginner

Re: 048: Sunset on Sighthill

Post by SparkTalker »

Grahame Gardner wrote:..."Glasgow's Stonehenge", the Sighthill stone circle, which has now been removed to make way for a housing development. It will be a few years before it is reconstructed in a nearby location.
Can you imagine what would happen if it was decided to up-root Stonehenge for a housing development and then reconstruct it on another site?
"Responses are limited, you must ask the right questions."
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

SparkTalker wrote:Can you imagine what would happen if it was decided to up-root Stonehenge for a housing development and then reconstruct it on another site?
If Glasgow Council had anything to do with it, it would have been demolished long ago to make way for a motorway ring road! :mrgreen: :lol:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

40 years to the day it was first completed, the Sighthill stone circle has now been completed in its new home, which is around 200m from where it used to be.
It looks pretty good in the picture, but wait until they start building the houses around it!

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glas ... 0-16002522
Grahame
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Sighthill does for my money have a deep fault line running ssw to nnw under the 8th stone clockwise passing the centre stone in the middle, no Ley lines but nice influence just the same here, it’s a place which has natural warmth and feeling for life.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Just to the ne of Sighthill now is a Holy Well at 55.5229n. 4.1355w there, it’s close to a car park. The east to west Ley is active, but the nne Ley is broken just south of Omolon Siberia, I have mended this and it’s now a powerful Holy Well again, visit and enjoy good people this Christmas and New Year.

jUST south of the Scottish Ambulance Service, Springburn area ??

Further to this the Holy Spring rises from 170/90/40/3 feet and comes from the west under the south part /round tower of St Rollox Church where this spring rises from plus 200 feet here, just wonderful and exciting.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

There is a Fountainwell Road in Sighthill, and there used to be a Fountainwell Farm near the new location of St Rollox church, but I can't find any information as to whether there was an actual Fountainwell. Could be you've found it, Mike! From your position it looks like it's underneath a Lidl - might be a good place to shop! :lol:
Grahame
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

We always say we will shop in Lidl next time Grahame, but never do, and thanks for that local detail, I really felt a lift finding that Holy Well, like it was a Christmas Gift to me honest. Hope folks visit and enjoy this site, it’s lifted me no end and is special again.