Aspidistra, Sister

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Aspidistra, Sister

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

This is NOT an attempt to turn an excellent dowsing forum into a notice board for "other worldly" messages but simply to share such information as seems of general interest to the dowsing community and, by extension, the wider world. The following message is interesting in that it apparently gives useful information, re the Aspidistra, that is not yet in the public domain and warns of error in current methods of propagation. The work is of course for me but the processes outlined may be of interest to anyone with a fascination for our "green" brothers both of and beyond the plant kingdom.

4 Jul 11
I am Cassandra, the Deva of Plenty, and I come to ask your assistance in a certain project. I have for some time been trying to contact various members of the human kingdom without success. What I would like you to do for me is to grow a number of plants to specific instructions for the purpose of raising the vibratory rate both of the plants themselves and all those who, consciously or otherwise, receive benefit from them. You are to be given specific instructions with regard to nurturing and cultivation but, as with all work of this nature, you will need to read between the lines and fill in the gaps, either by analogy or by your newly established channel.

What I would like you to do is as follows: obtain and germinate seeds of the Aspidistra species which are free from the process of hybridisation. This process (hybridisation) has taken a wrong turning in recent years with the result that what is now increasingly being propagated is not what we anticipated.

The Aspidistra seedling in its early stages is to be an important source of nourishment to the third world once the important properties have been established through experimentation. What we would like you to do is establish and maintain an alternative culture so that, in the fullness of time, when the error of hybridisation is realised, this error can be rectified from the source that you have produced.

You are required to establish a knowledge of seed preservation of the Aspidistra and other varieties of plant within the same genus and to make this available to the seed banks of the future. To propagate the Aspidistra plant you will need to establish a variety of methods - mostly through trial and error - and to make sufficiently detailed notes so that others will have little difficulty in duplicating your efforts.

I am aware of your personal difficulties in rising to the challenge of the tasks already presented to you and ask no more that a willingness to purchase seeds and await instructions. May I inform those entities on who's behalf I make this request that, at least in principle, you are receptive to this project with a view to completion once the necessary knowledge base has been established?
Lyndon he say Yeah!
Thank you, Lyndon, we are very pleased with your reply and will make further contact once you have established a basis on which to make further progress. That is all we wish to say and thank you for your willingness to participate in this project.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Aspidistra, Sister

Post by Helen-Healing »

How does your aspidistra grow, Lyndon? :mrgreen:
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Still haven't got the goddamn seeds, Helen. Mediocrity is so debilitating!

This has been as much an exercise in petitioning the appropriate entity for help as it is for getting the job done, but I didn't know that at the time. Originally I petitioned just one candidate but, when help was not forthcoming, I shrugged my shoulders and went on to other things and, anyway, I'm naturally suspicious of a message coming from a deva calling herself Cassandra.

A sense of humour is vital for the sake of sanity.

But perhaps your question is not coincidental and is intended to remind me of unfinished business in this area.

I'm taught by hints and tips but, until I've assimilated what has already been given, nothing further is forthcoming. It's a slow old process.

Jesus (or whoever) wants me for a herbalist but, on past performance, he'll wait a long time.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I've had several aspidistras in my life, but none ever produced flowers. However they do flower in the right conditions - a small boring looking pink flower appears at root level! However...pollination is done by slugs & snails :!: so if you don't expose your plant to these molluscs at the correct time, and you don't have another one to cross pollinate, you're in schtuk! :mrgreen:
(I have plenty slugs & snails in my garden if you want a donation! :lol: )

This must explain why it's so difficult to obtain the seeds! You'd have to be in contact with another aspidistra nerd!! :P

Good luck, with or without a deva called Cassandra! :twisted:
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

After Helen's timely reminder of my dismal failure to source non-hybridised aspidistra seeds, I hit the RHS website. Here I was directed to Crug Farm in deepest Wales where I read "Aspidistra species from Thailand - BSWJ6645".
Originating from one of our collections gathered in 1998 from almost at the summit of the infamous Doi Pha Hom Pok Thailand's second highest peak which is in the Golden Triangle. ...
Not hybridised then? When I dowse this assumption I get an indication that this is correct. Although Crug Farm is only offering plants, I intended to make a purchase on the basis that one plant in a pot is worth ten seeds in a packet I cannot get my hands on. Then I hit a snag. £25 postage for a £15 plant. I guess they're not interested in small orders.

The search continues.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

It's not actually in 'deepest darkest Wales', Lyndon :mrgreen: it's in N Wales just northeast of Caernarfon, opposite the island of Anglesey. A personal trip might be in order... depending on where you live, of course. 8) (If Wills & Kate could make it, I'm sure you can!)
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Sadly, a personal trip on a diesel moped would cost me more than £25.

So where, in your opinion, is 'deepest darkest Wales'?