SCHRÖDINGER’S CAT

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

SCHRÖDINGER’S CAT

Post by ledgehammer »

I came across this article today.

I am not sure of its agenda but the experiments made me think a bit about why there is such disparity between scientists, according to science and the position adopted by the skeptics this should not be the case.

http://themindunleashed.org/2014/04/5-t ... usion.html

I am convinced that as elements of a natural system, in which we are governed by perception to the level that we are - this feedback loop that we provide within this system could and should probably have some bearing on the elements of this system. In short, does the perceiver have an impact on the experiment's results.

What does this have to do with dowsing? Well everything. It may help to explain that dowsing works, alas doesn't work in laboratory conditions (being observed by those inclined to disprove it). Assuming we can already accept that it works, it can then have the further effect of having an influence on our dowsing. I have heard from some American dowsers that they prefer to dowse alone with noone watching, well this may in fact be why.

Anyhows the article is here, and comments welcomed here :-)

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Re: SCHRÖDINGER’S CAT

Post by Ian Pegler »

I would go even further and suggest that in any dowsing experiment, the dowser is both scientist/observer AND subject of his own experiment.

So even without delving into the realm of quantum physics you still don't have complete objectivity in any dowsing experiment,
even when it's done double-blind.

The situation where the dowser cannot influence the outcome does not exist, therefore there's no separation
between the observer and the experiment - ergo no objectivity.

Ian
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Re: SCHRÖDINGER’S CAT

Post by ledgehammer »

Ian Pegler wrote:I would go even further and suggest that in any dowsing experiment, the dowser is both scientist/observer AND subject of his own experiment.

So even without delving into the realm of quantum physics you still don't have complete objectivity in any dowsing experiment,
even when it's done double-blind.

The situation where the dowser cannot influence the outcome does not exist, therefore there's no separation
between the observer and the experiment - ergo no objectivity.

Ian
Ian,

sound logic

best

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....