Electronic Voice Phenomenon

Esoteric discussions, spiritual ruminations, metaphysical mutterings etc.
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Electronic Voice Phenomenon

Post by Durotrigian »

Having tried a search on this forum for EVP I could find no matches.
I wondered whether any intrepid souls have tried EVP using a device such as a PSB7 Spirit Box or similar. If so, what happened and what did you make of the idea?

I know these devices are used routinely by ghost hunters but have no experience of how effective they can be other than listening to You Tube videos.

Thanks any guidance.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Electronic Voice Phenomenon

Post by mike »

I have not used or know of this equipment but I have heard often a radio tuned to white noise will sometimes pick up spirits at haunted houses and places, which when you play back after recording will have knowledge of the past spoken on the play back.Its like an open channel to the spirits where they can reach through, not that I have had any experience with this sort of research myself.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I haven't tried any 'proper' devices, but I do have an app on my phone called 'Ghost Radar' that supposedly picks up disturbances near you and shows them as blips on a radar-style screen. It's more of a gimmick than a serious app, but it's quite fun. It also has an option to speak words, and sometimes - just sometimes - the words seem to relate to what's going on around you.

To quote Monty Python - "breaks the ice at parties!" :lol:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Durotrigian »

Thanks Grahame, I have not tried mobile phone apps of which there are several, perhaps I should.

The PSB7 Spirit Box is a radio frequency scanning device with white noise added in and most of the time, voices heard by me have been certainly or likely simply breakthrough from radio stations being scanned through.

But not always, I have had a few occasions when seemingly coherent replies to my questions have been received, enough to make me think seriously that something "real" is happening. Problem is, the next time I try, nothing useful comes up which makes any opinions formed by me, subjective!

I guess "work in progress" is all I can claim at present, the whole idea is perplexing and I have listened to a few demonstrations on line which have really made me think.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

It's an interesting area to investigate, although I find that I'm more inclined to suspect that there may be some digital trickery going on these days with everything being ones and zeroes. Back in the day when it was analogue tape doing the recording, it somehow 'felt' more convincing.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I think any radio tuned to white noise has a chance to pick something up, after all its like offering a medium for SOMETHING to come through and interact with you.Yes it may just be some station breaking in but I think you have to give it a good try,and the midnight hour does seem to be the time when strange things happen, so its a good time to open a channel I feel. I remember at a local genuine crop circle hill near Husbands Bosworth this weird music came on my tape recorder at the time just after midnight, but I loaned the tape out and never had it returned again, it was very strange music recorded in the laid circle, very nice but different music I have never heard before or since.....And the hill had a reputation where the mothers told their children never to walk up the fairy hill after dark in the village years ago.