The Ancient Paths: Discovering the Lost Map of Celtic Europe

Share your experience of non-fiction dowsing-related books and other written stuff (e.g. websites, self-published and e-books).

Moderator: simonwheeler

Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

The Ancient Paths: Discovering the Lost Map of Celtic Europe

Post by Ian Pegler »

from the Telegraph...
The Ancient Paths: Discovering the Lost Map of Celtic Europe, review

Tim Martin has his eyes opened by an enthralling new history that argues that Druids created a sophisticated ancient society to rival the Romans
CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: The Ancient Paths: Discovering the Lost Map of Celtic Eu

Post by Helen-Healing »

Fascinating!
I have just ordered it from the Book Depository for £11.01 with free delivery...if anyone's interested!

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Ancient ... 0330531504
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: The Ancient Paths: Discovering the Lost Map of Celtic Europe

Post by Grahame »

I did enjoy this book, although I felt he did labour the (essentially simple) point a bit much - but then I suppose he was trying to get a book out of it.

I was particularly pleased to find his confirmation of the site of the 'lost Druid sanctuary' of Medionemeton in Central Scotland as Bar Hill Roman fort, because it is exactly half-way along the Antonine Wall. This is something that was suggested back in the late 1970s by Harry Bell in 'Forgotten Footsteps', his research into the ley alignments of the area.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.