Jeffrey Keen - The Mind’s Interaction with the Laws of Physics and Cosmology

Share your experience of non-fiction dowsing-related books and other written stuff (e.g. websites, self-published and e-books).

Moderator: simonwheeler

SEEKER

Jeffrey Keen - The Mind’s Interaction with the Laws of Physics and Cosmology

Post by SEEKER »

I am new to dowsing and I came upon the book "The Mind’s Interaction with the Laws of Physics and Cosmology" by Jeffery Keen. I have looked over the book, and while I find it quite interesting I tried in vain to find a description of the dowsing methodology that he used. Unless I have overlooked something, he doesn't describe the specific protocol that he used when dowsing. If anyone can help resolve this I would be much appreciative. I was going to use this book as a starting point, but it does not appear that I will be able to do so.
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Jeffrey Keen - The Mind’s Interaction with the Laws of Physics and Cosmology

Post by Maggie »

SEEKER wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:21 am I am new to dowsing and I came upon the book "The Mind’s Interaction with the Laws of Physics and Cosmology" by Jeffery Keen. I have looked over the book, and while I find it quite interesting I tried in vain to find a description of the dowsing methodology that he used. Unless I have overlooked something, he doesn't describe the specific protocol that he used when dowsing. If anyone can help resolve this I would be much appreciative. I was going to use this book as a starting point, but it does not appear that I will be able to do so.
His website has a bit of detail. This link explains a bit about dowsing from his perspective: https://cdn.website-editor.net/de1136fd ... wikdPw.pdf His site is https://www.jeffreykeen.co.uk/.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'specific protocol', but he does give a general explanation and says he's mostly used deviceless dowsing. I like that as a scientist, he admits it's impossible to explain how dowsing works, but that he has become open to using it. He believes consciousness is part of the equation, which it undoubtedly is, and which pretty much removes present-day science from the game since they have no clue what consciousness is, how it works or how it does or does not affect reality other than some basic quantum effects involving observation.

While his work looks very intriguing, I would not suggest him as a starting point for new dowsers. I think he's more interesting as a sort of post-graduate dowsing exploration.

He seems interested in using dowsing as a way of exploring consciousness and the invisible realm, etc. That is one use for sure, but I think dowsing is best regarded as a natural skill we all have for improving our everyday interactions and helping us create more consciously and seeing reality in a more balanced fashion, thus helping us live more fulfilled and happier lives. I prefer not to regard dowsing as merely a tool that I use now and then, such as for dowsing supplements, but a form of practical intuition for living a fuller, more balanced life than when I only use my rational faculties.

Dowsing is rather simple in terms of technique, but not necessarily easy to master. It asks us to tap into abilities most of us have not used a lot, and to see things in new, non-rational ways. This can be challenging. I'm not sure diving into his work first would help clarify the process, though it appears to me it would be intellectually stimulating. :) Thanks for sharing his work. I look forward to reading more!

If you are new to dowsing and want to explore more, I suggest you visit our website, which has a ton of free information and training on dowsing: http://discoveringdowsing.com.
SEEKER

Re: Jeffrey Keen - The Mind’s Interaction with the Laws of Physics and Cosmology

Post by SEEKER »

Thanks for the info and the quick response.

In time I would like to see if I get the same or similar results that he describes in his book. At present I am not yet ready to do so.

It appears that the core of his books(s?) are formed from his published papers that are given on his site below:
https://www.jeffreykeen.co.uk/published ... fic-papers

so if you don't have the book, details of his experiments can be found there.

The experiment where he dowses a single dot on a page is a particular example. The results of this experiment, along with other geometric shapes are given in the following paper on his site:
https://cdn.website-editor.net/de1136fd ... 252009.pdf

Has anyone tried this particular experiment or any of the others in his book? If so which one(s) and what kind of results did you obtain?

I am particularly interested in the shape of the dowsable field obtained from geometric shapes physically drawn on a single sheet of paper. I am also curious as to how this would compare with exact corresponding shapes "energetically" (but not physically) drawn on a different single sheet of paper.
DowsingResearch

Post by DowsingResearch »

Maggie wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:40 pm
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'specific protocol', but he does give a general explanation and says he's mostly used deviceless dowsing. I like that as a scientist, he admits it's impossible to explain how dowsing works, but that he has become open to using it. He believes consciousness is part of the equation, which it undoubtedly is, and which pretty much removes present-day science from the game since they have no clue what consciousness is, how it works or how it does or does not affect reality other than some basic quantum effects involving observation.
Are you a scientist yourself Maggie or were you just referring to Jeffrey Keen? Curiosity question is all.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

As moderator of this section I decided to leave these more recent posts here....but I believe there is a danger of getting sidetracked.
It's all OK at present- it's a discussion on the book- just about. But a word of warning please...if it goes "off-topic" here I shall either move or maybe even remove, posts that don't "fit".
There are other sections in this Forum, and topics within those sections, where such a discussion could possibly continue.

Thanks.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon