Are Mobile Phones Wiping Out Our Bees?

Topics relating to the hazards of EMFs, Wi-Fi, phone masts, dirty electricity, smart meters, 5G etc.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Are Mobile Phones Wiping Out Our Bees?

Post by Grahame »

ARE MOBILE PHONES WIPING OUT OUR BEES?
Scientists claim radiation from handsets are to blame for mysterious 'colony collapse' of bees

By Geoffrey Lean and Harriet Shawcross
The Independent (link broken)

April 15, 2007

It seems like the plot of a particularly far-fetched horror film. But some scientists suggest that our love of the mobile phone could cause massive food shortages, as the world's harvests fail.

They are putting forward the theory that radiation given off by mobile phones and other hi-tech gadgets is a possible answer to one of the more bizarre mysteries ever to happen in the natural world -- the abrupt disappearance of the bees that pollinate crops. Late last week, some bee-keepers claimed that the phenomenon -- which started in the US, then
spread to continental Europe -- was beginning to hit Britain as well.

The theory is that radiation from mobile phones interferes with bees' navigation systems, preventing the famously home-loving species from finding their way back to their hives. Improbable as it may seem, there is now evidence to back this up.
Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD) occurs when a hive's inhabitants suddenly disappear, leaving only queens, eggs and a few immature workers, like so many apian Marie Celestes. The vanished bees are never found, but thought to die singly far from home. The parasites, wildlife and other bees that normally raid the honey and pollen left behind when a colony dies, refuse to go anywhere near the abandoned hives.

The alarm was first sounded last autumn, but has now hit half of all American states. The West Coast is thought to have lost 60 per cent of
its commercial bee population, with 70 per cent missing on the East Coast.

CCD has since spread to Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Italy and
Greece. And last week John Chapple, one of London's biggest bee-keepers, announced that 23 of his 40 hives have been abruptly abandoned.

Other apiarists have recorded losses in Scotland, Wales and north-west England, but the Department of the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
insisted: "There is absolutely no evidence of CCD in the UK." The implications of the spread are alarming. Most of the world's crops depend on pollination by bees. Albert Einstein once said that if the bees disappeared, "man would have only four years of life left".

No one knows why it is happening. Theories involving mites, pesticides, global warming and GM crops have been proposed, but all have drawbacks.

German research has long shown that bees' behaviour changes near power lines.

Now a limited study at Landau University has found that bees refuse to return to their hives when mobile phones are placed nearby. Dr Jochen
Kuhn, who carried it out, said this could provide a "hint" to a possible cause.

Dr George Carlo, who headed a massive study by the US government and
mobile phone industry of hazards from mobiles in the Nineties, said: "I am convinced the possibility is real."

The case against handsets

Evidence of dangers to people from mobile phones is increasing. But proof is still lacking, largely because many of the biggest perils, such as cancer, take decades to show up.

Most research on cancer has so far proved inconclusive. But an official Finnish study found that people who used the phones for more than 10 years were 40 per cent more likely to get a brain tumour on the same side as they held the handset.

Equally alarming, blue-chip Swedish research revealed that radiation from mobile phones killed off brain cells, suggesting that today's teenagers could go senile in the prime of their lives.

Studies in India and the US have raised the possibility that men who use mobile phones heavily have reduced sperm counts. And, more prosaically,
doctors have identified the condition of "text thumb", a form of RSI from constant texting.

Professor Sir William Stewart, who has headed two official inquiries, warned that children under eight should not use mobiles and made a series of safety recommendations, largely ignored by ministers.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Bee lines (pun)

Post by Ian Pegler »

Another fine reason for throwing your mobile in the trash, as if there weren't enough already. Of course you can guarantee that any such evidence will be "rebutted" by "scientists" working for the mobile phone companies either directly or indirectly, as well as armchair skeptics with nothing better to do.

I've never owned a mobile, and never felt the need to own one. Imagine the money I save, asside from any other benefits of not owning one of these silly gizmos. Ah, but we must all be like Captain Kirk, mustn't we, wandering around with our hands to our ears like we got some kind of demonic leech stuck to the side of our heads, sucking out our brains, just so we can be at someone else's beck-and-call at our own expense. Just how dumb are we?

Cyber-bullying, "happy-slapping", more road accidents, another million ways of being ripped off, another way of catching a computer virus etc. etc. Ah, but they're so convenient aren't they?

Call me a ludite, but there's at least five different ways people can communicate with me already - phone, fax, e-mail, post or even by talking. Do I really need yet another? I think not.

OK, rant over.

Ian
ocd
Novice
Novice

Bee and divining rod

Post by ocd »

(mod - merged with this topic 13/5/7)

hi all

I had a day of dowsing yesterday so I decided to have a lazy sunday today, only problem was I couldn't help myself.
I walked in my kitchen and saw something buzzing against the window, I thought it was a wasp, but then realised it was a honey bee.
I remembered a post about bees losing their way due to mobile phones, so while the bee was bashing against the window I decided to dowse for a bee line. I found one.

It was very thin a matter of inches, I dowsed it as being magnetic? and it had a frequency of 3.2hz-4.2hz.
I dowsed the direction of the line and it seemed to be on a straightish squareish grid pattern, going off at a right angle outside my house.

I also dowsed if it was the bees intention forming the line - it wasn't.

I stood for a while watching the bee, it kept bashing into the window and obviously moved around the window. But the central point where the bee kept coming back to was where I picked up the line.

I dowsed the energy field of the bee, it was larger than I expected and made the rods go out instead of in. Maybe he was angry.

I used a glass to direct the bee out of the window, he flew off in the general direction of the line then made a sharp right angle turn in the direction the dowsing rods showed the line to be.

I dowsed the line when the bee had gone - it's still there.

I placed a mobile phone on the line, it was still there.
I phoned my land line, the bee line vanished.

I moved the mobile phone off the line and phoned again, the line vanished.

I moved the phone as far away from the line as possible in my house 28 feet, the line still vanished.

Next time I get a bee in the house bashing against the window I,ll make a phone call and see if it tries to find another route out of the house.

ocd
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

ocd,
Early in August last year a large swarm of these bees landed upon a tree branch in the graveyard of the church next to my house.
It was a yew tree, which i know well and have dowsed around it before, it is aprox four feet away from a point where many lines cross, so it has leant over so that the main trunk aprox aligns with this spot, this meant that the bee swarm could land directly upon the point.
They hung down aprox 24 inchs in a fabulous spiral form.
I have pictures of this and will try to dig them out.
They were absolutely precise with their positioning.
I have never owned a mobile phone, and detest the things .
kevin
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I know this is a pretty old post, Kevin, but I would love to see the photo of the spiral swarm if you can find it! I have seen such swarms in trees, but have never noticed one in spiral, as far as I can remember.
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

I read an article in an arboriculture magazine last week. It declared that 90% of America's bees had been wiped out in the last year.
They were putting it down to disease and a HIV type bee disease, bees losing their immunity to normal infection.
The article said that bees are responsible for pollinating all our fruit crop, which is 1/3 of our diet. But on top of that bees and wasps are also responsible for pollinating many tree species and crops that are used for livestock feed.
Which then makes bees responsible for 2 out of 3 mouthfulls we eat.

ocd
stay on the path, beware of the moon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I suspect that the cr@p they spray on food crops may have something to do with the sad demise of the poor unsuspecting bee. :evil:
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

It is interesting to note that not many members care to give a dowsing response to such an interesting puzzle as this.
I am now going to do just that.
By requesting the 3 P`s before I start ie:- Permission, Protection and em-Powerment, I than request the highest evolved bee expert that spirit will allow me to contact and ask the the relevant questions.
Yes, I get to Crop sprays as being partly responsible for Bee population decline, possibly as much as 25%.
The biggest cause I`m getting though is that a planet, larger than earth and outside our Solar System is undergoing physical change. The result is that the disruptive energies given off of approx 3 hertz is reaching the workers in the hives. As they rely on information being passed from one bee to another regarding flowering crops by vibrating their wings, this now is no longer able to occur properly as the incoming 3 hertz is confusing the messages they give out, so subsequently the directions where flowering crops can be reached even returning to the hive has become confused.
I am also told that the disruptive energies of the planet have now ceased and that bee populations will now return.
Please can someone dowse on this and tell me how their results compare ?
Arthur
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

arthur hamlin wrote:It is interesting to note that not many members care to give a dowsing response to such an interesting puzzle as this.
I am now going to do just that.
By requesting the 3 P`s before I start ie:- Permission, Protection and em-Powerment, I than request the highest evolved bee expert that spirit will allow me to contact and ask the the relevant questions.
Yes, I get to Crop sprays as being partly responsible for Bee population decline, possibly as much as 25%.
The biggest cause I`m getting though is that a planet, larger than earth and outside our Solar System is undergoing physical change. The result is that the disruptive energies given off of approx 3 hertz is reaching the workers in the hives. As they rely on information being passed from one bee to another regarding flowering crops by vibrating their wings, this now is no longer able to occur properly as the incoming 3 hertz is confusing the messages they give out, so subsequently the directions where flowering crops can be reached even returning to the hive has become confused.
I am also told that the disruptive energies of the planet have now ceased and that bee populations will now return.
Please can someone dowse on this and tell me how their results compare ?
Arthur
Yes, Arthur. I confirm all your findings with the small exception that. in some areas, sprayed crops can be responsible for the decline of some 35% of the local bee population.

Geoff
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Thank you Geoff.
Just out of interest my dowsing is also saying that if an umbrella with a plastic cover of approx one ml thick or some similar electrically insulating material is placed over the hive but allowing air space between this would deter the harmful rays reaching the inside of the hive thereby protecting the workers from getting confused signals when gathering information.
Can anybody dowse on this too please?.
If we get similar answers than Beekeepers might wish to experiment to save their bee population for this possible inexpensive remedy.
Arthur
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

arthur hamlin wrote:Thank you Geoff.
Just out of interest my dowsing is also saying that if an umbrella with a plastic cover of approx one ml thick or some similar electrically insulating material is placed over the hive but allowing air space between this would deter the harmful rays reaching the inside of the hive thereby protecting the workers from getting confused signals when gathering information.
Can anybody dowse on this too please?.
If we get similar answers than Beekeepers might wish to experiment to save their bee population for this possible inexpensive remedy.
Arthur
I'm afraid that I cannot confirm your findings above, rather that it is not possible to protect the bees, in any way, from the effects of the 3 hertz sound vibrations.

Geoff
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

If the cause is interpreted as sound waves than sound insulation of some description could be the answer. After all, the various forms of compressed foam used in home insulation of approx 6"thick could be tested by encasing the hive completely bar the entrance hole. While another hive could be tested with an electrically insulated material, and a third hive with both materials combined.
What say you people with pendulums at the ready, c`mon let me know your responses? Our Beekeepers are looking for answers!
Arthur
john23

Post by john23 »

looks like it is that, Carlo points out the disinfo campaign http://www.whale.to/a/carlo2.html

The cell phone towers are part of a poisoning package http://www.whale.to/a/electrical_h.html

To put out DOR and are 576,000 times the power needed:

"This seems to me to be rather excessive. Watts = Volts x Amps Therefore, 240 volts x's 800 amps = 192 Kilowatts per hour x's 3 phase = 576 KWH. Transmitters at microwave frequencies normal only require a max of 1.0 watt, not kilo watts. If this is true then there is covert agenda going on. This type of supply and fusing system will be mega expensive. I don't know what to say, except run for the hills. Power is a square law, i.e. Amps (squared) x's Resistance in ohms. So if you double the voltage you square the power. Nasty."--Electrical engineer

"Every standing tower in the world, pretty much, can be seen by energy sensitives and psychics to give off very dense, destructive dead Orgone radiation--the energy of death and decay. Ordinary communication transmitters, even the huge microwave transmitters, only gave off a little bit of that energy, if any, and all radio and TV towers were drafted into the HAARP network in recent years, so they're death transmitters. The difference between HAARP and your neighbourhood death tower is that HAARP shoots the DOR up into the atmosphere and the neighbourhood towers direct it down at the surrounding population. High tension power lines, even though they're known to kill people with cancer if they live too close, also only give off a little bit of DOR. That's why I call them 'death towers.' Most folks call them 'cellphone towers' but in fact any rational person understands that even primary cell transmitters require no more power than your apartment or house does, so the bundle of massive cables that run from the fortified blockhouses to the towers' death energy producing panels, rods, drums and dishes should be suspect."--Don Croft
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

I have just sent an e mail to Dr George Carlo of the Pennsylvania Institute, urging him and others to consider the purpose of insulating bee hives with 300 mm thick compressed foam insulation to resist the radiation which I suspect is the cause of the global CCD in bees. I suspect that if argueing continues than less time will be spent on preventative measures by experiment .
I also e mailed the American and Canadian Society of Dowsers to get their members to dowse for the cause. So far like their British counterparts and on this forum little or no response. When will people get their wake up call?
Arthur
john23

Post by john23 »

arthur hamlin wrote: When will people get their wake up call?Arthur
Good question, and good for you, I don't get much response if any. A bit of orgonite would probably do the trick, or that board made of metal and fibre does the same thing.

I sent 3 well know dowsers some orgonite some time ago and 2 never even replied. The one who did died a few months later :cry:

People would rather die from cell phone tower radiation than wake up.