Gadgets

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Peter Williamson

Gadgets

Post by Peter Williamson »

I'd be interested in people's experience of using gadgets to combat geopathic stress. I'm aware of the Raditech and the Helios. I've heard mixed reports of the former, and I've been called in to deal with GS in houses which already have a Raditech. I've no info about the latter. I'm also aware of Arthur Bailey's gadget, which I would have more confidence in.

The other class of gadgets are those which can be worn as pendants or carried in pockets to offer personal protection.

One reason for exploring this is that at present Transco are causing energetic chaos with their daily activities in the neighbourhood. These consist of digging a new (big) hole every day in a different place, and leaving them for several weeks. Occasionally they fill one in or lay some pipes. As fast as I clear the GS they create more and my son is hyper-sensitive to it (I can't imagine it's doing me a lot of good either).

Any 'war stories' or suggestions would be welcome - particularly if you know of anything which is effective as a temporary measure in these situations.

Rgds Peter
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I've dowsed the Bailey device when he had some on show at an EEG meeting a couple years back, but haven't had a play with any other devices. I've heard mixed reports on the Raditech.

As regards other methods, have you tried the usual crystals, copper horseshoes, holy hand grenades and other home-made gadgets? I've had good results with widgets, and they're fun to make.

At last year's BSD conference in Cirencester I had a chat with the delegates from Korea, who were selling passive devices to combat GS. What intrested me was that they had no knowledge of any alternative methods involving dowser and intent, such as earth acupuncture etc. - their entire approach to the problem was very high-tech. I suspect that many of their traditional techniques have been lost over time, or through suppression of geomantic awareness by invading cultures.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Dan Wilson

Gadgets

Post by Dan Wilson »

Somewhere in my house I have a bag of different-shaped Raditechs which people have given me, which usually had worked for a while and then apparently run out of ideas. I am inclined to think that if you are going to go for an all-purpose geo stress gadget you can't do better than the Spiral of Tranquillity. It's expensive but then it need only spend a few minutes sitting on a map of the place to do the job.

Its predecessor, which I'm sure I've mentioned here somewhere before (moderator - can't we have an internal Google for these things ?*), was the Beadon Cube and when I did my very first dowsing course in 1989, in Shropshire, an attender brought hers along for the others to see. I said boldly I would describe the last two jobs she used it on without her telling me anything and said the earlier was a local primary school and the later was a former post office converted to a house. She said yes, that's right, but she'd done those with crystals and the Cube had been on her mantelpiece. So they're useful whatever you do.

Also I think geo stress needs keeping at arm's length. I suspect it's something else being described that way. A clue is the Procters' practice where they simply jointly hold the client's letter for a few moments and give the place healing through that. They happen to be especially well suited as a couple for this. The results have been statistically tested and wow, see the results at:

https://britishdowsing.net/an-evaluatio ... ck-houses/ (mod - link updated - GG)

*Found it - my 14-10-05 post on Health & Healing, EMF problems.
Last edited by Grahame on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Spiral of Tranquility/Beadon Cube

Post by Grahame »

I had a vague recollection of seeing something on the Beadon Cube in an EEG newsletter, and have just managed to unearth this article by Michael Guest in the newsletter archive.

Dan - we do have internal search facilities in the forum, as you've discovered - click on the 'search' text at the top of the page.

Here's a picture of the Spiral of Tranquillity:

Last edited by Grahame on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Dan Wilson

Gadgets

Post by Dan Wilson »

That's a wonderful picture of the Spiral of T !

I take a wholly divergent view of the nature of "earth energies", feeling that the colours and attributes accorded to seeming energies by dowsers and others may be likened to the colours and attributes detectable about caterpillars, without the viewer being permitted by his or her philosophy or upbringing to see the things as caterpillars. At the same time I am too cautious to construe the EE "caterpillar" as anything in particular, since I may be blocked in a similar fashion. I tell you, it's hell being a philosophical sceptic !

I just do know that the S of T does work beautifully in over 90% of cases, though after my Shropshire experience I find it quite sufficient to leave it wherever I've stored it (do not embarrass me by asking where this is) and invoke it as required - just as one may "use" crystals in the ground and not muck about with boxes of them cluttering up the car. These days, I do the choice in abstract - "the crystal that sorts this problem" - and it seems to work just as well.

I am sure though that if you are a pretty lady doing crystal healing this approach is a distinct non-starter.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re:Spiral of Tranquility/Beadon Cube

Post by Grahame »

It seems that the Beadon Cube was originally just that - a clear cube:

I don't know when it developed into its later cuboctahedron configuration, becoming the Spiral of Tranquility. However, at the time, it generated a lot of controversy in the BSD, with some dowsers claiming that it completely blocked their dowsing ability and that it was unethical to employ such devices. The controversy raged in the journal letters page for quite a while, and Council was asked to get an opinion from the Society's scientific adviser, who at the time was Dr Arthur Bailey. Eventually it was decided that the use of the device was dependent on the intent of the operator, and that it did not operate independently (which is a relief, as I have one sitting on my desk).

This also explains the last paragraph of the Michael Guest article in the EEG newsletter (referenced a couple of posts above here), where he says,
All would have gone well with this had not his huffy colleague whom I had met at Rollright given a misleading account of what the Spiral of Tranquility was and did. This raised a storm of controversy which caused Beadon some embarrassment and months of agitation within a section of the BSD membership.
You can read more about this brouhaha here.
Grahame