Accuracy and 'Getting Into the Zone'

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Coote

Accuracy and 'Getting Into the Zone'

Post by Coote »

Forgive me if this has been properly covered elsewhere, but I've searched the archives a bit and haven't come up with totally satisfying answers. I did come across a lot of other interesting stuff though.

I am new to dowsing. My current focus in this wide field is locating physical objects. I think it is good to start with these because it is easier for me to verify my results and note my progress.

I've been getting my wife to hide small objects in the house. We have limited the hiding places so that it isn't overwhelming. I've had some very pleasing results. I've noticed, though, that while I can triumphantly lift the rug and say: "I've found it", the object may well be a couple of feet or so away from where I was getting a response. So I had the correct general direction, but my precision has been lacking.

My theory for this imprecision is that once I get a good directional response from a distance, I may be inclined to 'jump to conclusions' and maybe fix my gaze on the spot where I think the object is..... and then my rod or pendulum responds to my point of focus rather than to my initial request.

In other words, I believe it is my rational thinking that is causing the inaccuracy.

Please comment on this, and please also offer suggestions as to how I can achieve and maintain the right state of mind for the best dowsing results.

Thanks in advance.... Coote.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Accuracy and 'Getting Into the Zone'

Post by simonwheeler »

Coote: my rod or pendulum responds to my point of focus rather than to my initial request.
Perhaps the key is the word "focus". I know you intended it as meaning what you were looking at, but if we take it as meaning "concentration", then your focus should be your initial request!

You can read much on this forum about asking the "right question in the right way". And reading between the lines of some posts, that can be the root of a problem which is being discussed. Precision in the question is essential when asking- and then maintaining that exactitude, especially when just starting out.

We've probably all experienced the sort of thing you describe- I still do. But knowing what to do about it when/if it happens (i.e. have another go but be more careful about what is meant in the question) can ameliorate things and help us get back on track.

So- practice, practice, practice....which is just what you are doing. And keep in your mind that focus- and that we all have personal responsibility.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Coote

Post by Coote »

Ah. Thanks Simon. You are a good bloke.

It seems that finding the right question to ask is also the key to a good search using the search facility. I will do as you suggested.

I appreciate your help. I don't personally know anyone who is an experienced dowser, so it is great to have contact via computer. We have to improvise down here in the colonies. There is a dowsing/radionics group at the north end of New Zealand, but that is a long way from me in practical terms.

..... Coote
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

This may be of interest to you. Click on this link for some very recent posts on pendulum use.. You may find some of it helpful.

Almost paradoxically- because you are starting off and because there is no group around- it might be that you could advertise your interest locally (even a card in local stores might do it) and set up your own group. :idea: Although sometimes dowsing may appear magical, there is no magic to it. The fact you have an interest in it and are prepared to learn and to practice is sufficient in itself. You don't actually need a group to help you- because you can go at your own pace in your own way. Experiential learning is crucial in dowsing. A group is great for sharing and for support; but it does not teach you to be a dowser- only you, as an individual, do that. And questions you may have- so that you never feel "stuck" can be put on this forum- where you may get a range of (sometimes contradictory) answers!
Last edited by Grahame on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated link
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Coote

Post by Coote »

Thanks for your encouragement Simon. I appreciate your thoughtful and friendly responses.

I had already read the thread on pendulum tuning..... plus a whole lot of other stuff. But thanks for bringing my attention to it... I should have another look. Over the last couple of days I have spent a long time on the computer looking at old threads. I looked at every reference for 'question' and 'questions' amongst other things.

The big thing I would get from a group, I think, is to see others in action. And to have that experienced dowser place his/her hand on my shoulder as I try to coax my forked stick to do something. Maybe one day it would be a good idea to start a group. It would be of benefit to individuals and the community.

Dowsing was quite a step up the belief scale for someone like me. I have reached the stage where I believe that it does work, but it has been difficult convincing myself that "I" can actually do it. I think I am well on my way now, even if that danged forked stick hasn't twitched yet. But I have already experienced that which might be termed miraculous with other tools.

It is good to have this forum where I can at least read about what others are doing. Thank you all. And Ced, if you read this, here is another thank you for giving me the advice that I needed before my first rod had ever turned.

Time for bed. My wife and I have a market stall every Saturday where we sell the glass jewellery that she makes. We generally start to set up before 7am. Hopefully there won't be a frost tomorrow.

Best wishes.... Coote.
Harri
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Harri »

Hi,
Thought I'd quickly tell you about my own dowsing experiences to let you know I share your problems/issues/learning curve. I am developing my water dowsing accuracy slowly. I dowse with a veteran water dowser to locate the spot for my husband's drilling company. When I get a chance to dowse at the same site seperately from Clive I do, to not be influenced by him- otherwise I find myself getting a strong signal in the same place as he does but wonder if I'd have found the same without him. I have had occasions where I have been side tracked by a small supply of water which is nearer than the biggest source or headed off in exactly the same direction as him but missed where he subsequently marked. I feel like kicking myself when I can actually remember not believing a signal, telling myself "it won't be that near," and re setting my sticks/wand and carrying on past a good source of water. I guess it takes years of practice, Clive is 85 so there's hope for me yet.
Best of luck with your dowsing and jewellery stall. I am an artist and jeweller as well as trainee dowser.
Harri
Harri
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.
(Einstein)
Coote

Post by Coote »

Thanks Harri. Interesting to see that you also may occasionally suffer from 'assumptions'. It is encouraging to me to read that your experience is similar to mine. It must be great to walk alongside somebody with experience and confidence.

You mentioned "re-setting" your sticks/wands. Do you have a simple ritual like clicking them together?

Thanks for your good wishes regarding the stall. We're about to head off. There was a wee shower of rain a few minutes ago, but I think it isn't so bad now. I've been thinking that maybe I could make some nice pendulums from the glass, but making nice round-sectioned pendulums would be difficult in our standard kiln process. I might have to glue two pieces back to back. I will try attaching a picture showing a sample of what we make.

Best wishes..... Coote