The Aurameter thread.

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Yes they do, Helen.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

The eBay Aura Meter!

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Grahame Gardner wrote:Yes they do, Helen.
The eBay Aura Meter was bought for just over £10-00. someone got a bargain :D

I posted a thread a while back about books on how to use it, found the Book sugested to me by Sig the Bill Cox boox more than intresting.

I have been makeing notes on how it reacts and will post a copy here when i have finnished exploreing the basic functions, so far i find useing it as a bobler works well for me and when used as a Pendulum it goes all droopey, perhaps i must take more starch in my diet.
Bryan a some what Dsylexic travler in time and space.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: The eBay Aura Meter!

Post by Helen-Healing »

B.J.C.Courtney wrote:The eBay Aura Meter was bought for just over £10-00. someone got a bargain :D
That was me! :oops: However because of postal strikes et al, I still haven't received it! :roll:
.. when used as a Pendulum it goes all droopey, perhaps i must take more starch in my diet.
:lol: :lol:
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Well, I'd say you got a real bargain there, Helen. I hope it arrives soon.
B.J.C.Courtney wrote: I posted a thread a while back about books on how to use it, found the Book sugested to me by Sig the Bill Cox boox more than intresting.
I have the Cox book as well. It's interesting but more than a little idiosyncratic, I found. I don't recommend it as a book for beginners to the tool.
B.J.C.Courtney wrote: i find useing it as a bobler works well for me and when used as a Pendulum it goes all droopey, perhaps i must take more starch in my diet.
LOL! Sometimes I turn it upside down and stick my thumb in the spring for pendulum use; other times I just point the handle straight down and use it that way. The second option is more like a bobber I guess, but it still works. That's what's so good about the aurameter - there are so many ways you can use it, and it 'teaches' you as you get used to it. For instance, I had trouble dowsing polarity and direction of vortices before unless I got out my pendulum and asked questions, but with the aurameter I can easily tell if they are a)present, b)flowing clockwise or widdershins, and c)upwards or downwards.
I also find that if I'm approaching a strong signal, the aurameter actually vibrates in my hand as I approach.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Elaine
Beginner
Beginner

aurameters

Post by Elaine »

Hi Grahame....My aurameter vibrates too....I thought I must be holding it wrongly! I like to dowse energy fields of trees and people with it and my dog becomes very silly when I run it around him!! I found Sigs instructions helpful...the book that came with the aurameter from the BSD was a bit confusing.....for me anyway.
I'de like to try map dowsing but not clear how to start....are there any day courses going on with this in mind?
elaine
Elaine
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Helen-Healing wrote:
B.J.C.Courtney wrote:The eBay Aura Meter was bought for just over £10-00. someone got a bargain :D
That was me! :oops: However because of postal strikes et al, I still haven't received it! :roll:
.. when used as a Pendulum it goes all droopey, perhaps i must take more starch in my diet.
:lol: :lol:
I am glad i was able to direct you to the ebay lot, grins and admites i placed a bid as well so sorry you pain just £10-00. you would of got for evan less.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: aurameters

Post by Grahame »

Elaine wrote: I'de like to try map dowsing but not clear how to start....are there any day courses going on with this in mind?
I have to say I'm personally not that keen on using the aurameter for map dowsing as described in Sig's tutorial - I find it difficult to be precise with it; although it can be useful for getting a general feel of things.
However, in my next 'Adventures in Dowsing' article - hopefully in the forthcoming (December) issue of Dowsing Today (glancing meaningfully at Ian, who's editing it!) - I'll be demonstrating some map dowsing techniques.

The BSD 2-day Foundation Courses also include a section on map dowsing training and practical work. The one-day courses don't usually include map dowsing, as there is so much else to cram in!

**edit an update on this - we are planning a one-day map dowsing course for next year. Dates and location still TBC at the moment. /edit**
Last edited by Grahame on Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grahame
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

B.J.C.Courtney wrote:I am glad i was able to direct you to the ebay lot, grins and admites i placed a bid as well so sorry you paid just £10-00. you would of got for evan less.
:D All part of the rich tapestry of life, B.J.C!
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Helen-Healing wrote:
B.J.C.Courtney wrote:I am glad i was able to direct you to the ebay lot, grins and admites i placed a bid as well so sorry you paid just £10-00. you would of got for evan less.
:D All part of the rich tapestry of life, B.J.C!
Helen i am called Bryan by my friends:-)
Elaine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Elaine »

Thanks Grahame....I look forward to reading the article.
Elaine
B.J.C.Courtney
Beginner
Beginner

Post by B.J.C.Courtney »

Bill Coxes booklet on the Camron Aura Meter in action?

I while ago i placed a thread here to ask about books on the Aura Meter, Sig kindlt posted a reply and sugested that the Bill Cox Camron Aura Meter in action ISBNO 0 88234 008 5 . Might be of sum help.

I found a copy via amazon.com a original first edition that shows photographic black and white image plates of Verne Camron useing his Arua meter, with Bill Cox descriptive understanding!
Grahame Gardner wrote:LOL! Sometimes I turn it upside down and stick my thumb in the spring for pendulum use; other times I just point the handle straight down and use it that way. The second option is more like a bobber I guess, but it still works. That's what's so good about the aurameter - there are so many ways you can use it, and it 'teaches' you as you get used to it. For instance, I had trouble dowsing polarity and direction of vortices before unless I got out my pendulum and asked questions, but with the aurameter I can easily tell if they are a)present, b)flowing clockwise or widdershins, and c)upwards or downwards.
I also find that if I'm approaching a strong signal, the aurameter actually vibrates in my hand as I approach.
On page number 9. it shows Verne Camron sticking his finger into the end of the Arua meter Spring, well if the master himself sticks his finger their Grahame cant be wrong!

Also on page number 51. Shows him useing the Arua meter as a pendulum dowsing a Map?

I actualy find the plate images extreamly useful but Bill Cox wordage at times flows straight over my head, perhaps to advanced for me!]

Edited by I.P. 14.10.07. Put markup around Grahame Gardner quote.
Sig

Cameron Aurameter

Post by Sig »

Just catching up on the discussion on this amazing tool. I have several thoughts:

1. What it's made of (or plated with) only makes a difference if you think it does. This is exactly the same as those old time water dowsers who say, "You can only use a Y rod made of apple wood!" If you think so, it is true. Otherwise. it ain't.

2. The aurameter is a bit tricky to use, so each of us will find slightly different ways to use it. I find pointing the nose downward and sniffing out a map, then pushing against the target when you find it works great. Grahame doesn't. There's no "right way" to dowse, so, experiment, and find out which way works best for you.

The only piece of advice I can say seems to be true for the use of this tool is don't be hesitant. Just get on with it, and move expecting it to react quickly. It really does! He who hesitates (here, at least) is lost.

};-)

Sig
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I have just received my aurometer today! Hurrah!! :roll: They took their time, but it got here in the end. I'm so glad it arrived two days prior to my visit to the Rollrights!

I'll have to watch the video now - there are no instructions with it!

May I ask one thing? What exactly is meant by 'pushing against a target'? Could someone clarify this for me please?
Sig

Pushing Against the Target

Post by Sig »

Helen

The Aurameter is a spring loaded L rod. It is not as good at looking for a specific target like, "Drill right here for your well" - a Y rod or crossing L rods are better for that. Rather, its utility comes when looking at and following edges of fields - like auras or winding veins of primary underground water.

Let's use a vein of water for an example. When you come to one, the tip of your aurameter bends to one side or the other depending upon what angle you approach the vein.

The pushing part comes when you want to follow this vein. If you aim the wire of your tool along the vein with no tension, you can easily step off the vein as you walk along without realizing it; therefore, you need to walk on one side or the other of the vein, pushing against it so there is some tension in the spring. This will ensure that you are locked on to the vein and won't "fall off." Just follow the tip as one might follow a dog on a leash.

The same is true when dowsing a human aura. If you don't push against it, when you go up and down the body, you may well not "see" the holes when you come to them.

Indgo Felix,

}:-)

Sig Lonegren
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Sig, in your tutorial, you say:
it will bob up and down for “Yes” or go side-to-side for “No.”
Can this be the same for everyone??