Dowsing practice

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Re: Dowsing practice

Post by Lynnie »

Following on from this conversation about being clairvoyant: I'm in need of some thoughts/observations. I'm trying (and failing) to help a condition I've developed. My pendulum is no help whatsoever: it contradicts itself, one night says one thing, and then the next changes its mind. So I'm not going to get any help there.

I also device less dowse but because of this clairvoyant tendency I feel my energy level drop before I get the answer, so I know the answer is no before my fingers can complete the circle and if the energy level stays the same, it's a yes. I'm not finding this very helpful and I also feel that my consciousness is possibly interfering with the answers. It seems to just go a long with my latest plan / theory. So for example, I anticipate that the answer to a question is 'no', I ask the question, feel my energy drop - no answer. Are there any device less dowsers who have experienced this problem and have any ideas as to how to get around it.

Best wishes

Lynnie
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Lynne,

Interesting problem. I occasionally use deviceless dowsing in the form of eye-blinks (one blink for No, two or Yes). DD, I am told, is free from the sources of interference that the pendulum is prone to. One of the sources of interference, that you seem to have, is that of the powerful unconscious mind which contains your belief system. If you engage that mind instead of your subconscious, the pendulum will inevitably reflect whatever you believe.

In order to engage the subconscious when dowsing, try relaxing completely when you ask a question and let the source that answers direct the pendulum even when the answers you receive conflicts with what you believe. Your clairvoyant ability will help you to FEEL whether the answer is correct or not. If the answer is right, you will be able to accept it. If it is wrong or misleading, you will feel a sense of discomfort or disquiet. \Never try to force a pendulum to give the answer you want it to give. After all, dowsing is the art of obtaining information without using our normal senses and I consider that the unconscious mind is one of those senses.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

Lynnie,
My pendulum is no help whatsoever: it contradicts itself, one night says one thing, and then the next changes its mind. So I'm not going to get any help there.
I've had a little dowse about your pendulum problem. Apparently you need to state intention before you start, and ask the 'system' for it's help.

"I wish to find my lost car keys and respectfully ask the 'system' for help in locating them", might get you started.

or, if you're feeling lucky:

"I'm just testing this pendulum to see if it works and would appreciate some dag-rattling from the other side if there's anyone about who is remotely sober at this precise moment".

I find it helpful to think of such problems as a procedural error rather than the final gasp of the dowsing faculty.

Pass the nectar, Hector.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Thank you Geoff and Lyndon for your responses: I've dowsed for about 20 year or so and definitely feel that on this occasion, trying to find the reason/source of a medical problem, it's definitely giving me the run around and has been doing so on this subject for months. Most other things I'm fine at dowsing. Maybe this is one thing where I need to find the answer myself, or is it possible that the pendulum doesn't actually know. I went to see a trusted medium about this a while back and I got a lot of 'could be's and maybe's'.

On the subject of what to say to tune in before a session; it's changed over the years but currently I say "can I communicate" followed by "will I receive accurate answers at this time?" Sometimes I get a yes to the first one but a no to the second.

I'd be interested in what other dowsers are using.

Best wishes

Lynnie
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

I have found, that when dowsing for the sakes of no other reason other than establishing whether or not you can dowse : normally comes up blank, for me there has to be a purpose, in fact everything in life for me has to have a true purpose otherwise the results are not clear,

unfortunately in this day and age its not that simple,

best of luck

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

I have found, that when dowsing for the sakes of no other reason other than establishing whether or not you can dowse : normally comes up blank, for me there has to be a purpose, in fact everything in life for me has to have a true purpose otherwise the results are not clear,
I totally agree Tom this is something I came up against in the foundation course earlier on in the year. Intention and the need to know. I couldn't get on with the map dowsing at all, there were 6 targets and it wouldn't let me find any of them, I drew a total blank. You also have the other aspect of using dowsing as a party trick, add in the factors of Intention and the need to know and my guess is you are not going to get very far with that either.

Best Wishes,
Alan
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Lyndon Ronstadt
Novice
Novice

Post by Lyndon Ronstadt »

For my money there is two sources of dowsing information: pre-human and post-human. This information of course I've obtained by dowsing - by asking the 'system' about itself.

The pre-human is the nature spirits of various grades. Although intelligent, their task is to do precisely as they are told - by whoever pushes the right buttons in terms of procedure.

Contrast this with post-human entities who give their services in their spare time, so to speak, using the dowser as part of their own personal service to the human kingdom. Their initial task is to bring the dowser to a point of usefulness (to them) while operating within the constraints of Cosmic Law. Consequently, being beings higher than man, they do not do as they're told and it is for us to work out the rules under which they operated and discover how we can obtain their services in a reliable manner. All this is irksome to the eager dowser of course but with practise one can get a feel for when or not accurate information has been obtained.

With pre-human, one must be precise in ones questioning and follow the correct procedure. With post-human, precision is not so important as, being higher beings, they appear to know the dowser's meaning irrespective of the accuracy of his articulation.

I've dowsed that "under no circumstances do pre-human entities participate in the process of deviceless dowsing." With implement dowsing, one cannot make such a definitive statement as both pre-human and post-human entities can participate under as yet obscure circumstances - which seems destined to drive the serious dowser crazy if he does not have a sense of humour. Often, in my early days even with deviceless dowsing, I would start off with a postulate and work through the consequences with subsequent questions only to find myself back where I started with the opposite answer. I confess that my sense of humour often evaporated as prelude to some seriously bad language.

Nowadays I use deviceless dowsing rather gingerly and confine it's use to those subjects experience has taught me I'm intended to pursue. I still get rubbish answers from time to time but have finally realised that this is the only way the 'system' can indicate to me that it wishes me to change the subject. Subject changed, I can now get useful answers and can even return to my previous subject (this time with sensible answers) once the 'more important' issues have been covered.

Perhaps not precisely on topic, but may be of use to someone.
thegoatboy

Post by thegoatboy »

I find this thread very interesting.

As someone who is just starting out dowsing, I would have thought that you would need some fact based targets to know that you are doing it right?

I've tried a few things, such as finding things around the house (i.e. is this where the door is) etc with some success but zero success with locating lost objects, or finding north for example.

I do think my problem here is I think I know where the object is, and that leads me astray, but that is a different story.

I am trying to dowse the curry lines at the moment, but how can I tell if I am right or not?

Very interesting.