universal pendulum

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
nicosmyboy

universal pendulum

Post by nicosmyboy »

Hi!
My dear old Dad died several years ago. He was trained in LOADS of 'alternative' therapies and healing. Including using the French Universal Pendulum. I've just acquired the FUP and would really like to know more about it and learn how it works so I can carry on using it. Seems a bit of a waste of energy to just have it sitting in its box.
I do have some basic info and a vague idea how it works and remember my Dad using it, but that's about it...
If anyone can give me any assistance, that would be great.

Thanks
Nick.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: new here/universal pendulum

Post by Grahame »

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the forum. The Universal Pendulum is quite an interesting beast, but it's more popular in French radiesthesia dowsing than in British circles. Radiesthesia is a style of dowsing where the dowser believes that the pendulum has special properties because of its shape or composition, and was a system developed in the 1930's. The pendulum is supposed to be able to transmit special 'cosmic' energies or frequencies, and the UP is almost unique in that it can be tuned to specific frequencies. This has given rise to a lot of superstition and mysticism surrounding dowsing that has done it no favours whatsoever; although it has allowed the French pendulum makers to sell a whole bunch of different pendulums. It is not a system that is very popular in Britain.

In the BSD we teach that there is no magic in the dowsing tool, indeed the tool is not actually required for successful dowsing. Have a look at this thread for a discussion on some other tool variations. Check out some of the links in there too.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I had never heard of this device before.

See here for full instructions :shock: on how to use it.

At one point it's referred to as an aurameter.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Good job that dowsing isn't really that complicated!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Ooh, that's an interesting find Helen - I've never seen such a detailed tutorial for the UP before. Not sure they're actually calling it an aurameter though - I read that as referring to using an aurameter to check on what's been done.
(For the benefit of Nick, the aurameter is a different beast altogether).
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Grahame Gardner wrote: Not sure they're actually calling it an aurameter though - I read that as referring to using an aurameter to check on what's been done.
Oh yes, I see what you mean, that's right! Sorry!