Bovis Units

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Brownbear

Bovis Units

Post by Brownbear »

Hello EEL and others
I am glad to see somebody in the discussions on "asking permission" with preferred interest in BU,s.
I practice the same as hobby and think that an exchange in experience might be interesting.
My method is a little different.I use a half circle scale with 0 on the left and a certain value as max on the right depending on the subject and a pendulum as tool.In the past I measured BU's on various subjects.
- persons (with their permission) I measured BU general,physical,plus the different energy bodies and
body parts and organs.
- energy levels in- and outside the house by measuring gridpoints on a floorplan.
- food and related subjects.
- healing symbol energy.
- foto's from Orbs to test if they are real or not.
When I think about the meaning of BU,I have difficulties in finding an answer to certain questions.It is mostly defined as quality of a certain form of radiation,sometimes as life force of living beings.I ask myself what is influencing the value of BU.I can imagine harmony or cohesion of vibration,but what about frequency,intensity,
waveform,energy type and maybe other properties ? This type of questions are certainly not new,but an exchange in opinion/experience might show a certain direction.
I would be glad with your reactions.
Jan
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Bovis Units

Post by EEL »

Hi Brownbear.
I have been using the Bovis Scale in an attempt to measure and compare the ‘life force’ energy at archaeological sites."What is the highest recordable B.U level to be found at XXX ....according to Mr Bovis’s scale of things" is my question. I’ve also been doing historical readings of the same sites – this i do by combining the B.S scale with a PRESENT DAY – 6000 B.C timescale.I have been finding that alot of these places are coming up at around 16,000 – 20,000 B.U’s.
I recently used the B.S to investigate two hilltop cairns that are in Ireland.One i s called Sheemore (County Leitrim),and the other (30 miles N.W in County Sligo) is called Maeve’s Mound. Maeve’s Mound (M.M) is a giant, un-opened, 55 Mtr diameter cairn that is on top of a large cairn shaped hill called Knocknarea.Sheemore is a smaller version that looks a bit like a flying saucer when viewed from a short distance away.Standing on M.M,the sun rises from Sheemore on the winter solstice and from Sheemore,the sun sets on M.M on the summer solstice.
The most obvious visual difference between the two sites is that the cairn on Sheemore( ‘large fairy mound’) has it’s own concrete cross, complete with electric lights.
Below are the results(measured in X1000 B.U’s)
Maeves mound
5000 B.C - 24.5
4000 B.C -24
3000 B.C - 24
2000 B.C - 22.5
1000 B.C - 18
0000 - 20
1000 A.D -20
TODAY -19.5
Sheemore
5000 B.C - 24
4000 B.C - 23
3000 B.C - 22
2000 B.C - 19
1000 B.C - 16
0000 B.C - 16
1000 B.C - 16
TODAY - 5.5

To me, the cross looks ugly and un-harmonious in this land of circles, so I wasn’t hugely surprised at the low (present) reading found there, but I was surprised at HOW low. I then created a four part scale that represented the four quarters of the 20th Century. Sure enough the results indicated that the dramatic drop in energy at Sheemore occurred at the time of the cross’s construction . I then constructed another scale to measure the B.U’s for the decades of the 1950's and 1960's:
1950 - 17
51 - 10
52 - 7.5
53 - 7
54 - 7
55 - 5.5
56 - 4.5
57 - 4.5
58 - 4.5
59 - 4
1960 - 4
61 - 5
62 - 5
63 - 5.5
64 - 6
65 - 7
66 - 7
67 - 7
68 - 7
69 - 7

(Further dowsing shows little change in levels during the 70’s,80's,90's and 00's)
Maybe it is the positioning of concrete / metal/ electricity that has caused the reduction of B.U. levels- or maybe the symbol itself is responsible. I understand that maybe symbols themselves can omit an energy that can be measured. The swastika for example is meant to generate mega – B.U’s . I’m not saying that the elongated cross is a negative symbol, but perhaps the dominant positioning of the symbol (literally over and above the past ‘fairy’ faiths) that has caused the problem. Maybe it’s a combination of these two factors that are responsible or possibly there is another factor entirely. Now that I’ve used the B.S. to give some insight into the place, I will now map any earth energy lines that may be there and see how their presence is connected with my B.S. readings.
-Eel.
P.S. This is a picture of Sheemore taken from local church website. It makes the dilapidated lump of concrete look beautiful..... nice to see a bit of sun worship still going on!
Brownbear

Post by Brownbear »

Hello EEL
You have interesting activities,and especially also the idea of going back in time.If you go further back and assuming the cairns are man-made,you may find the origin of existence.
Are you dowsing on a map or foto ? When I dowse your pictures,I get 23000-23000-23000-8000-5000 BU.
Difficult to know if I was influenced by your numbers.
Symbols radiate energy,which can be positive or negative for health.The same for natural energy on the earth.This is one of my areas of interest.
In my backyard exists a high energy spot : 80x100cm with 40000 and in the middle 10x12cm 42000 BU.
Withhelp of a drawn floorplan I dowsed the influence on our different energy bodies and 7 chakras,by measuringthe percentage of benefit for me and 2 familymembers,depending on the fictive time , standing on that spot.The numbers by itself have no meaning but can be used for comparison.
It shows different results for different persons,starting at 0 (time 0) sometimes no effect,for others moving up to 15-30% as maximum after 20-40 min,than moving down even below 0 after round 1 hr.
Then I compared this to the BU's of of the measured subjects of the different people.This shows a strong tendency for higher benefits where BU's are lower and reduced or no benefit where BU's are higher.(1 exception).
I dowsed the number of frequency tops ans this fell out of my dowsing scale,so very high.I dowsed the max and min frequency : min 50 Hz max 7X10 exp 49 ,so a very big range.
If these measurements are correct,it shows that this energy does something positive in the frequency area where required,but too long in time (more than 1 hr) may mean an overdose.When I look at myself as example knowing that certain chakras serve certain body organs with energy and knowing that my lever is a little below required level,I see that my chakra 3 benefit is the highest.
Certain symbols are said to have a positive effect on health.I tried this with a copy of the "Flower of Life" placed vertically in front of me at 1 m distance. BU 24000.Nr of frequency peaks 3.Min 3X10 exp 10 Max 6x10 exp 13.Similar dowsing results shows similar benefit effects on 3 persons,but only on the mental energy body with lower % (5-15) and no effect on chakras.
I realize that intensity must also be an important factor,but I don't know how to dows this.For EM radiation one might take Watt/surface unit but this is no EM.If anybody has any idea ? Maybe % for comparison,but what means 100% in this case.
After a vacation trip I plan measurements on other symbols.
Greetings
Jan
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Hi there Brownbear.
The 'cairns' are indeed manmade.The stone and earth mounds were shaped over little stone built rooms during the Neolithic period (4000-3000B.C).They are described as 'tombs' by archaeologists - I believe that they were open and accessable for hundreds of years and then, for some reason, sealed up.I see them as temples that would have been used for a variety of different functions that might well have included making use of the the 'high' earth energy that they are usually sited over.
When I am dowsing the Bovis units of xxx, I am using one L-rod over a linear Bovis scale.......any maps or pictures are next to me .Its interesting that you came up with similar results, apart from the third pic (whole hill of Sheemoor, distant view - rather than the cairn itself), which you have found to be 23000 B.U's....I will re-investigate ...thanks.

How did you come across your super high energy spot.What do you think IT is.
Due to a combination of your bad gramer/ unclear explanations of measurements/ my own dyslexia - I am (unfortunately)unable to understand your investigations.What does "50 hz max 7x10 exp 49" and "number of frequency peaks 3.min 3x10 exp 10 Max 6x10 exp 13" mean ?
You asked - how does one measure intensity? -intesity of what? does not the Bovis scale , that you've been using,measure that for you?.Whether you use a 1 - 100% or 1-10 scale it doesn't really matter....as long as you are VERY clear about what you are dowsing .

FOR EXAMPLE: I wish to go on holiday to a particular coastline and want to use a 1 to 10 scale to determine which beach would the best one for me to spend my vacation.I'm not looking for 'the best beach'....I'm looking for the 'best beach for me'.The parameters of my scale are determined by my definition of worst and best, based on experience of all the beaches that I've ever been on, so on my scale, 'one' would be - a pebbly beach with concrete prominades, lots of sunbeds, ice cream shops and lots of people to talk to and have beach fun with.At the other end of my scale (10) would be - totally unspoilt, mixture of sand and rocks/ pools, no shop or people.
..............so, depending on taste your number ten might read at number one for me.
Enjoy ya hols - Eel.
Brownbear

Post by Brownbear »

Hello Eel
Some small explanations.My nationality is Dutch but living in Luxemburg.This explains my limited English language.
An explanation of BU in details to my opinion is not easy for me.
Your opinion is,that it defines the intensity ? Mine is the following and controversial opinions are welcome.
Mostly it is defined as quality of vibration.
An energy source con emanate 1 single vibration or several up to many.If several vibrations are harmonious or have good cohesion,are in phase,they result in resonance.This increases amplitudes,intensity.In ccase of opposite phase amplitudes are reduced.
If the different vibrations are random,the result will be scattered with less peaks in amplitude so also some accidental high amplitudes.
So a harmonious result with low ampllitudes may have a high BU.
From a certain energy emanation,I measure the number of peaks (high remarkable amplitudes).
Frequency 10 exp x means 10 exponent x. 10=10 exp 1 , 100=10 exp 2 , 1000=10 exp 3.
How did I find this super spot? My daughter has a certain sensitivity and indicated a place where she felt something.I made a raster with well defined reference to my house.On the raster crossing points I measured BU,starting at a distance and moving in the direction of that place.
When I found an area with increased BU,I gradually made refinements
Greetings
Jan
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Greetings Brownbear.
Being a more Arts/history/healing person I do naturally struggle with understanding maths and physics, although getting interested in ancient/sacred geometry has helped me to exersize my left brain.I can see that you are passionate about your 'energy spot' vibration measurements ....so,is there a chance you could post up your findings in pictorial form, such as graphs/diagrams etc ?

Apart from analysing dowsable wave patterns from the 'special spot' that your daughter found - I was wondering if you have used dowsing to determine it's source or nature or context within the landscape etc. Is your daughter regularly finding high energy centres?- how does she feel that they are there (mental/physical sensation).You have been positioning other people over the ' centre - do they (or yourself), sense any effects of the 'spot' ?
- Eel.
Brownbear

Post by Brownbear »

Hello EEL
It is a long time before answering you post of 17-8.We had some weeks of holiday trip and as we were tired,it took some time to relax an come back to regular dayly order.
For the special spot,you asked for some pictural form.
Before doing this I would like to ask you to participate in a small experiment.If I send you a plan of my property,which I would mark with several spots,would you do some measurements on the max BU within these spots ? I would be interested in what you find.
Your other questions :
I find no connection or relation to anything around,no lines or bands.When I tried to dowse what type of energy this is (magn-elect-magn/elect-scalar-cosmic),the pendulum was dead;no reaction.Dowsing not only the ground level,but also up in the air,it shows something like a circular bundle,coming down under a small angle to vertical in about South direction,resulting in an egg form at ground level with a small stronger center.Therefor my guess:some type of cosmic radiation,but this still sounds undefined.
My daughter can sometimes differentiate between places,if they are good or worse,but mostly they are neutral.This one is a little extreme.She feels this one as if something streams through the center of the body from head to feet,but has difficulties to give a clear description.
I don't have anything of that feeling capacity and I don't know anybody who takes this serious enough to try.
I am also interested in what effect this spot could have on the human bodies and I suspect different for different people.
Greatings
Jan
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Hi there Brownbear.
Don't worry about delay in answering - I would consider one month to be a pretty speedy response on this forum. :lol:
Post up a simple plan of your house/yard and add compass direction - and I will see what I can find. I will P.M you findings. DO NOT include any details about peceived energies or what you consider to be 'special spots' - just physical features like basic groundfloor plan and any garden features (pond, shed etc) that help define the scale of layout (measurements not necessary).
Will be interesting to see if my findings relate to yours - and maybe to those submitted by other remote dowsers, who might want to assist you.

- Eel.
Brownbear

Post by Brownbear »

Hi EEL
In the attempt to add a picture to the mail,I found that there are problems.
Would it not be more simple to mail it by post to your address ? You would have it in some days.
Jan
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Jan, have a look at this thread in the Forum Matters section for instructions on getting images into your posts. You need to host them on a separate site and link to them from here. TINYPIC.COM seems one of the better hosting sites around at the moment.

**EDIT Tinypic have ceased operations. Suggested alternatives include https://imgbb.com/
Last edited by Grahame on Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed tinypic url
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

+ 1 for Tinypic.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Really interesting this post, Im no expert on Bovis scales but I had a look at both sites and want to post what I found here as its very interesting.The two sites are linked by a fault line from the se, which passes under both Maeves Mound and Sheermore sites at 4000 feet down,both sites for me are very old and have lots of influence but no Leys pass here in my opinion....I tried to look for energy levels/Bovis and found a figure of 30k for Sheermore and 19k for Maeves Mound, but then its my first try at this new way of looking at ancient sites.....The Maeves Mound has another fault line under it at 4000 feet down coming from the east to west,and for the record Im dyslexic, small world.
EEL
Beginner
Beginner

Post by EEL »

Hi Mike. I've only just discovered that the bsd forum still exists this morning... :) - hope you're well.
The mighty Maeve's Mound is sighted on some pretty large and powerfull energy lines - its like Ireland's Great Pyramid, so I'm surprised ya can't detect them there.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Eel,
Sorry no I dowsed/checked around Maeves Mound again today and cannot pick up any Leys, but it has two fault lines crossing it,so is very powerful as most of the ancient sites just have the one fault line involved.I have been looking in detail at Stonehenge all this week,its a really interesting site, with both cosmic and earth forces involved there, the alignments stand out as well,and to think this site was erected thousands of years ago.Who or what people worked this all out I just cannot imagine,they must have been very intelligent for the time,or was those same people involved with building all the ancient sites across the planet, a sort of super race.