Pendulum charts

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Pendulum charts

Post by Grahame »

There have been a couple of threads on the forum that mention the use of pendulum charts - such as here and here, but surprisingly we haven't had a dedicated topic - until now.

Do you use charts in your dowsing? You know the sort of thing - a circular or semicircular sectored chart that usually indicates numerical values or other range of options Do you have a favourite chart that you use frequently and would recommend?

Here are a couple of basic number/percentage charts that I've made. This one is a versatile plus/minus percentage chart that can be used in several ways; you can dowse if an item is detrimental/beneficial, polluted/drinkable (for water), and so on.

This second one is a simpler 1-10 (or 10-100 if you are working percentages):

And here is a video I made explaining how to use charts, that shows some other examples:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Re: Pendulum charts

Post by Lynnie »

Yes I have this book of charts: there is a wide variety of charts and even a couple to use if you don't know where to start:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pendulum-Instr ... ks&sr=1-1

I have used them to good effect and can take you to places you'd not considered.

Lynnie
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

And how could I forget Sig's 'The Pendulum Kit'? I loved the wee pendulum that came with that, and used it for some time before it decided that I was no longer worthy of it and vanished. :)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Charts and scales are a fun way of expanding your dowsing answers. Thanks for sharing those! We have a pdf with a bunch of others that anyone can download for free (no email needed; just grab the pdf) from this page: https://discoveringdowsing.com/scales-and-charts/

Charts and scales are easy to use and so helpful. :)
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Although it may help people to get an answer to a problem, is it easier to use simply your mind to get answers.....much quicker in my opinion.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:41 pm Although it may help people to get an answer to a problem, is it easier to use simply your mind to get answers.....much quicker in my opinion.
Horses for courses, Geoff. When you have to dowse a quantity or % probability, rather than going through the "is it more than xx..." etc., I find it faster to dowse on a chart.

I do find that they can be troublesome for novice dowsers as it can confuse their responses if they are used to a circular response. It takes a bit of practice to get the pendulum to move linearly on the chart.
Grahame
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Yes,Grahame, I entirely agree horses for courses. I appreciate your point that beginners would find difficulty using only their minds to get answers but being self taught I was never drawn to using charts although I knew of their existence. Only this morning I discovered the where, why and when of three traumas and sent energies to remove memories of those traumas in under 5minutes using mind and pendulum. I’m coming up to being 92 and am still learning :)
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:41 pm Although it may help people to get an answer to a problem, is it easier to use simply your mind to get answers.....much quicker in my opinion.
'Using your mind' may be exactly the truest and easiest and best thing to do, but if you think about it, how are others supposed to do that? No one teaches that in school. I'm betting that at this point in our dowsing journey, many of us who feel we have a degree of mastery perhaps wouldn't attempt to teach dowsing to newbies exactly the way we do it now, because we've evolved our dowsing process in such a fashion that they'd be mystified and perhaps frustrated in attempting to copy our methods, which have become streamlined, efficient and wholly personal to us. Not to mention a bit advanced for a newbie.

At least for me, I like to introduce them in a more conventional and stepwise fashion that gives them a good chance of success and confidence building, and one they can point to and explain to some extent. Thus the charts. But I agree that many of us won't need them or at least won't depend on them, because with mastery, you can move beyond them in many situations.

To newbies, I say: Don't be afraid to use the training wheels on the bike; it's not shameful, but don't get dependent on them. Let yourself grow. :D
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

A few explanations, I think, are necessary. I don’t keep records but you dowsing source does an he tells me that I have never been required to train any Newbie dowsers, only those who had previous experience of dowsing in their past lives. He also tells me that over the past 10 years I have help d to “regenerate the dowsing abilities” of 97 people, ALL of whom have had about 25 past lives as Shaman and a further 10 as Medicine Men and Women. It would therefore appear to hat, for several examples reason, I had been sngldout for this particular work. You will appreciate that, in their past lives, that never used charts, only their minds which is why they don’t need them.

Incidentally you and Nigel may be Newvies as dar as this Forum is concerned but I regard you as experienced dowsers. You
Geoff

Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

For those who like to dowse using charts, Juanita Ott's site http://mirrorwaters.com has an amazing array of charts at a decent price. Making a good chart can be very challenging. She's expert at it, and she spoke at our first Dowsing World Summit seven years ago. I don't know anywhere that has a wider array of good charts. So have a look at her website. By the way, I do NOT get compensated for referrals. :D