Pendulum Dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Re: my pendulum's doing funny things

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Patrick, when I mentioned source I did not mean astral level/realm or higher self but an outside source to ourselves of an intelligence which I believe causes our dowsing rods/pendulums to move via telepathy.
I am fortunate not to need instruments after years of daily practise believing certain methods need exercising to bring this about.
For a start I have always believed there is an unseen intelligence to be found beyond ourselves but we need to meet this intelligence half way for it to get to work/communicate with us. So meeting this intelligence half way makes up most of the recipe for success. So in the end it is not me and them or it but merely `us`.
Forgive me if I sound pompous in any way but find that eating humble pie to get this connection is paramount.
If you can request to get your pendulum to go in a wider arc that could be a start to better contact through an improved movement when emotions from the other side can be recognised beyond the `yes` `no` movements. Sometimes I have asked if it was hard work for the unseen source to get the pendulum to move either faster or in a wider arc and in most cases the answer was yes.
So that talking to the other side has become natural for me.
Just out of interest I have a bonfire at the bottom of my garden when I get a build up of garden rubbish, and before long my dowsing tells me that I have visitors. On request my hand will point to where they are - mostly male relatives long past standing around my fire, but when I asked where are the women folk I`m told they were not present. So when I asked why, I was told that they suffered from being burnt in europe by man approx 3000 to 4000 years ago by unfaithful relationships. I`m told that even though they are in spirit this is recorded in their Kashic Records above their heads as a dark patch relating to that time.
Through prayer and request to have it removed they are than joyful and are able to join the men folk around my bonfire.
Of course it is good to have another dowser to confirm, deny or to make alterations to your findings, but after a time you are on your own and than need to see what develops.
So much to say but better stop.
Arthur
Questor

Post by Questor »

I am also finding that currently my pendulum is doing different things. I am new to dowsing and have been very happy with the course I attended and the results I have achieved. I am aware that my yes/no responses can and do change so I always check, and during this last week did not get any "no" response, so I re set the pensulums as advised in dowsing books. This week also when I have asked the may/can/should questions, the pensulumn is giving a "no" on the "can", so of course I leave it there. I have been asking the pensulumn daily, not with any tension, but out of curiosity as I know it will return to me sometime. Has anyone any thoughts or ideas for me?
nora judge

Post by nora judge »

for however it may be interpreted - I always use please show me yes, please show me no, and have found my response changes particularly at the point of sunrise and sunset...
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hello Quester,
You could also try asking for a different more evolved source to obtain responses - that is if you believe there are sources that causes pendulums/rods to move.
Arthur
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

Instead of asking to be show yes, no etc, try telling what you want to be yes, no etc. eg: Please let my yes movement be a clockwise circle"... Thats what I did and my movement hasn't changed since. Initially when I started dowsing, I asked for movements and constantly had problems, now my movements are static, and I chose them.
Practice random acts of kindness
Questor

Post by Questor »

Thanks for the responses, II always have to check the yes know move as they do change very frequently, the sun rise sun set idea is interesting and I'll try that. My main interest was that my pendulumn was gave a no when I asked "can I dowse". It has been like this for the past week. The "may" and "should" gave a yes. I check in with it again today and have had very clear responses to the "show me a yes / no" question and then had a yes for the "can/may/should" questions. The moon is just off full now and I suppose thet this may have an infulence on the pendulumn. Has anyone found one stage of the moon better than others?
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Try this book for the influence of the moon on everything from gardening to haircuts, beekeeping to cider-making, surgical procedures to ........all sorts!
It may not be specific about pendulum swings, but it may well help with an understanding of lunar movement and effects.
Although the blurb on the web-site seems aimed at gardening, there is more to this book than that.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Questor

Post by Questor »

Many thanks Simon, I'll get that book
Ophelia

dowsing with pendulum

Post by Ophelia »

Hi - I am new here so would really appreciate any tips on pendulum dowsing. I am currently awaiting delivery of a crystal pendulum with chakra stones, and would mention I have asked questions through a friend with a dowsing pendulum (brass) which were spookily accurate. I want to become tuned in to my own crystal pendulum when it arrives and any help you can give would really be welcome.

Thank you.

Ophelia
Ophelia

results with pendulum dowsing

Post by Ophelia »

Hi everyone

Many thanks to Geoff for the excellent full reply to my query regarding the proper use of a pendulum for dowsing. I am amazed at how very quickly I tuned in to my crystal pendulum which answers my questions very promptly. I am currently being very careful about asking it too much - I am trying to form a connection with the crystal that is unique to me.

My yes and no replies are very simply forward and back for yes, and side to side for no. This is very simple for me to understand so I am a little puzzled that most articles on pendulum dowsing talk of circular movements for the reply. I asked my pendulum to demonstrate the yes and no replies - first question was a yes (to which I knew the answer) and it answered with a forward and back movement. Similar with the no question.

The friend who dowsed for me before I acquired my own pendulum also had a pendulum which had the same yes and no movements, so I was pleased that my own pendulum demonstrated these movements.

I am anxous to use dowsing for all the right reasons and to trust its replies when we are fully establised. It has already answered one very important and serious question for me - I asked for permission to ask the question first and the pendulum swung into the yes movement.

Please - do all reply with any more information I would find useful.

Ophelia

Edited by I.P. 12.11.08 - Merged with similar topic posted by Ophelia
rich

techn. issue

Post by rich »

(mod - two topics merged with previous topic 'Pendulum Dowsing' - GG)

hello,

hope that the question is not too simplistic:
I use back and forward for Yes and left-right movements for No, that's the calibration I feel comfortable with.

Now, sometimes I feel the answer correcty by a sort of intensity via the pendulum (i.e. a "Yes") and the pendulum tends to swing (probably by this intensity) in the horizontal direction instead.
Of course one supportive approach to keep the calibration above is using a chart (with a Yes-No). I also "prepare" the pendulum before each question sometimes with a (spoken) "this is the Yes-direction, etc..)

I'm wondering if any of you experts has any further ideas, to kinda "fix" the Yes-No-Cross-Calibration stronger?
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Re: techn. issue

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Rich,
Another option might be to state what you wish to see happen more strongly.
In other words - `I wish my Pendulum to go in this direction` indicating physically the direction you have decided for a `yes` say.
You could try dowsing first thing in the morning with the same question when your fresh.
You could also try asking for another source to confirm your first response to the question asked (that is if you believe there is a source involved)
It could be a location problem. Try dowsing the same question somewhere else.
Let us know how you get on.
Good luck.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: techn. issue

Post by mike »

Some years ago now I had this problem with the L rod, it hunted/moved to a position not really answering yes or no, but over time I understood this movement to be a sort of reply between the question and the answer, like it was trying to part answer a YES or NO, but having an issue to show a fully NO OR YES, so it hunted and held steady between both...The way to correct this is change your question, or go with the flow and then ask another question that is asking AM I PART RIGHT OR WRONG, AND WAIT FOR THE ANSWER TO THAT. Think of it as a question and answer where you follow a part answer with another question to point you down the right path, get you back to where you should be, your getting better since you are now past the single question and direct answer friend. 8)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Pendulum Dowsing

Post by Grahame »

Hi rich;

I've merged this with a previous topic as there have been lots of previous discussions on this subject. It would be worthwhile reading through the previous posts here. In the course of trying to find the topic to merge with, I also came across this thread on pendulum calibration that has a great explanation by Geoff about the advantages of having circular responses.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
NightLighter

Re: Pendulum Dowsing

Post by NightLighter »

Hello All, this topic of discussion is one I find rather fascinating! In researching this, I've seen so many different approaches, movements, & methods. Mine came to me on the first attempt as 45 degree angle, Searching/Ready - to & fro, Yes - side to side, No. Shortly thereafter, I learned clockwise was for Energy in/receiving - counter-clockwise for Energy out/transmitting. Oddly enough & sometime back, I made a pendulum from copper & on its first use, when I asked Can I, May I, Should I - It started spinning clockwise! I asked if this was going to be its Yes response - it did so again. I asked if there would be any problems with this & it spun counter-clockwise, so I then asked if this was going to be its No response & it went back to clockwise. I now have a number of pendulums, yet this one is the only one that functions this way for me - & it's very accurate on Yes/No questions! Just thought I'd share this little quirk with you all. Blessings, NightLighter