Pendulum Dowsing

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Pendulum questions (newbie)

Post by simonwheeler »

Now that everyone has fallen about laughing at my very roughshod way of dowsing
Maybe, then, you could think of the pendulum as a stroppy (but basically pleasant) adolescent boy.
It sometimes likes to pretend that it's in charge...but would much rather not be.
It may well take whatever you say completely literally....even appearing slightly autistic.
When you first get to know each other you may feel that it's testing you...but it is you that sets the boundaries...you are always the one in charge. But it doesn't half need those boundaries to be set.
Positive reinforcement is useful.
It secretly enjoys learning.
It can surprise you....dismally or joyously.
You could easily each become more emotionally attached to the other than you thought possible...or will admit to.
As Grahame said:
you have the best teaching tool right there in your hand!
(Or is that unfortunate when thinking of adolescent boys....??) :oops:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

I have just read `Letter to Robin` and am saddened to read about his explanations indicated in `How does dowsing work`. I do not accept his theories which try to explain things as having a superconscious element to it. His explanation of how answers can be obtained say in map dowsing for instance leaves much left out and unsaid. What about twins who have such closeness between them they sense each others feelings from thousands of miles apart.
If he could study a deviceless dowser at work or a person that does automatic writing/drawing which is closely affiliated to dowsing than may be he would realise that telepathy is the cause.
Telepathy between carnate and incarnate and even animals is possible.
Lets have more talk about an intelligence with emotions who we communicate with when we dowse and less of the robotic answers which leave feelings out of it.
Its love that makes the world go round both down here and upstairs, that involves feelings!
So FATQ please ask about the source. Simon is getting near when he talks about the dowsing rods almost speaking back to you. Most polterguist activity is caused by intelligencies beyond needing help. It is their energies which cause things to move - just wondering what `Letter to Robin`would have to say about that!
Sorry - just had to get that off my chest!
Arthur
Satyr
Novice
Novice

Post by Satyr »

When I first got a pendulum, I basically just dabbled with it and its only recently that i've really started learning about dowsing and find I'm really good at it (at what I've done so far anyway). All of a sudden, it seems the whole world has opened up to me and my source and I now feel like old friends. (Thanks Geoff!)

Keep with it Gafq, you'll be really glad you did.
Practice random acts of kindness
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

arthur hamlin wrote: Lets have more talk about an intelligence with emotions who we communicate with when we dowse and less of the robotic answers which leave feelings out of it.
Arthur;
It's perfectly possible to posit a model of dowsing that doesn't involve an external intelligence, just as your model requires one. That's your working model, and there's nothing wrong with that if it works for you, as it clearly does. But some folk, particularly those of a more scientific mind-set, have problems with invoking what appears to be a needlessly religious overtone to explain how dowsing works. Indeed, I would submit that such an interpretation is likely to alienate many more people than the 'superconscious' model that LTR adopts.
The truth is that we simply don't know exactly how dowsing works and all attempts at explanation are simply theories. LTR is just one of many theories. Indeed, Walt suggests this himself:
Letter to Robin wrote:There are probably many other factors involved, but this makes sense and is a comfortable starting place for the mind.
It's a simple conceptual model that a beginner can understand, and that's all it is.
Ultimately we each come up with our own models to explain how dowsing works; yet the best approach is probably to stop worrying about it and just get on with it! :mrgreen:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Ultimately we each come up with our own models to explain how dowsing works; yet the best approach is probably to stop worrying about it and just get on with it! :mrgreen:
'ear 'ear !

I'm quite fond of that Seamus Heaney quote I used in the December 2007 edition of Dowsing Today:
Seamus Heaney wrote:"The diviner resembles the poet in his function of making contact with what lies hidden, and in his ability to make palpable what was sensed or raised" (from Feeling into Words)
For make palpable I read bring to conscious attention. Just how you do the sensing or raising doesn't matter.

Ian
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Ian Pegler wrote: Just how you do the sensing or raising doesn't matter.
I agree completely with Ian and Grahame. However - perhaps the "problem" is that those people who are drawn to dowsing are usually people with enquiring minds. Therefore it is quite understandable for them/us to want to "know the reasons why". And part of learning to dowse is to put aside those queries in the interests of the queries being dowsed.

Simon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

arthur hamlin wrote:Lets have more talk about an intelligence with emotions who we communicate with when we dowse and less of the robotic answers which leave feelings out of it.
Why does this intelligence have to have emotions, arthur? I don't understand. My personal beliefs are that Universal Intelligence does not have emotions - it just IS. 'God' doesn't care - it simply equips us with the necessary tools for positive or negative actions, and it's up to us to do the best we can with what we're given.
arthur hamlin wrote:Its love that makes the world go round both down here and upstairs, that involves feelings!
In the case of humans, love is certainly an emotion, but the 'upstairs love' is more a sublime quality of being, and could be equated more to a cosmic state of orgasm! Have you never wondered why the pursuance of sex is such a big issue here on earth?? :idea:
Sorry - just had to get that off my chest!
That's alright mate - me too! :P Now everyone will think I'm a fruitbat!

(Sorry to go a tad off topic! :oops: )
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Helen-Healing wrote:
Now everyone will think I'm a fruitbat!
Fruit bats, like other bats, have very long, webbed fingers that serve as wings
(From here)

...thus giving you an advantage when dowsing??!

Simon
Elaine
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Elaine »

Gfq....just do your own thing and don't get hung up on do's and don'ts.....this dowsing thing is very personal and will happen for you when you least expect it....the more you(left brain) try to get a reaction the less it happens!I agree with Arthur when he advises advises the 3 P's....it's a sensible insurance....just enjoy yourself and laugh a lot......have you had a go with the angle rods yet? :lol:
Elaine
Hillary
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Hillary »

I have tried various ways of beginning the dowsing dialogue. Raymon Grace suggests
that the dowser asks for permission, says "to the powsers that be" and begins to dowse.
I use this form, but several times during the period I am dowsing I have interference
and have to clear the interference. Does anyone have suggestions about how to
prevent interference or to clear it when it occurs?

I am also relying much more on percents on a chart than I am asking yes/no questions.
Yes/No questions seem to be very generalized answers that in my own experience
turn out often time to be wrong.

In my attempt to be accurate in my dowsing, especially when asking relationship
questions I have created charts over several months using the same questions.
The energy from the past seems more accurate than when dowsing
currect now energy.

The most difficult aspect of dowsing that I have experienced is pinning down dates
when events will occur. Even if it is as simple as whether or not I will receive a
phone call from someone on that very day.

Any insight and guidance would be appreciated.
Got a few questions
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Got a few questions »

Thank you very much for all your assistance. I will visit the suggested sites - I joined this one because it seemed to be more practical and down-to-earth than most I found through Google. Some of your responses are a bit over my head at the moment, so I really need to read them again, to advance from just happily pendulumming away and being quite satisfied with yes and no - and the odd enthusiastic swing or change of direction. I am sure it is my guide, source, higher consciousness(?) telling me something, but I need to learn the code. You have certainly suggested how to get to the code. I was just confused by what another person told me - that the pendulum does not do maybe/dunno. You've confirmed that I can accept maybe/dunno as possible answers, which I originally thought. Hah! :idea:

The teenage boy??????Uhmmmmmm, I am a single, 40-something female....... let's try another analogy, shall we? More like getting a teenage male dog and getting him to understand that he is not the boss? Been there, done that.....

The angle rods? not yet, haven't given it much thought up to now. I am very intrigued by the lines of energy that you (collectively) are referring to in some other posts. As to Cape Town and the suggestions you gave there to Satyr - I found that very intriguing and that blew most of my pre-conceived ideas out of the water. But that will lead to another thread. Satyr, expect some PM's?

I will go ask my pendulum some more questions. I have found that one must ask questions as though you are examining a witness in court. No leading questions. Do not ask questions to which you know the answers (opposite to court where you only ask questions that you do know the answers to). Will bore you with my feedback.

Enquiring mind? You're dealing with a full-blown left-handed right-brained Sagittarian here .........

RE name - ja well no fine..... :lol:
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

As a left handed both brains sagittarian to another,
I detect each person to have a dual circulating arrangement around then, within them.
I also consider that everything exists in a sea of energy where everything is connected.
The answer given via a pendulem is therefore simply a connection of your field to the field, and everything is connected through that one field.
The most common answer is a yes/no via direction of observed spin.
Simply this will be your field answering what it knows via accessing either a clockwise or counterclockwise field.
The only people I have ever found that do not have this dual spin field feature have been those with pace makers fitted to them.
I consider all knowledge of now/past and future is contained in the one field, dowsing is a method of accessing that one field, a doorway that opens the the perception of all knowledge.
Enjoy your dowsing sagittarious .
kevin
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Help, where are my supporters :cry: . Thank you Elaine, the insurance policy of the 3 P`s I feel is important. Thoughts and feelings go together with dowsing and Hilary is touching on issues which affect many in this area.
Hilary, thanks for bringing that up. I have often found that an answer to a question can be a bit iffy. I find that it pays to keep asking if I am still connected with my source, as another intelligence/source can jump in and things can go heywire. Than you would need to ask `has another source interfered with us please.
Having a strong protective energy field around one also helps and would suggest asking whether this is in good order. This should extend out from you to approx 3 feet if you are to benefit.
Very often I have found that my source is not able to answer my dowsed question (those using a pendulum will often experience it being still) and have had to request a higher evolved source to help me.
This problem is particularly noticeable when doing automatic writing when the characters or speed of writing changes. I did this for ten or more years with wonderful connections but than the pen would often go through the page and realised I would need to find an alternative system.
After my experiences you really do not question whether spirit can make contact via the dowsing or to show you their emotions, and wish others could have this enjoyment. But it does take dedication and yes to have an open mind constantly.
Yes you can believe in Universal Consciousness as Helen is saying but I believe this comes from God. But unlike Helen I believe he does care, its us that do not hence the mess were in. Perhaps we still need to learn from our mess before we can do otherwise.
Arthur
Hillary
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Hillary »

Thank you Arthur, for addressing some causes and remedies when dowsing goes 'haywire.' Just
discussing this subject makes me feel more conscious and in command of the situation.

When you ask for a more evolved source to help you--are you assured that a more evolved source
has jumped in?
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Helen wrote:
Universal Intelligence does not have emotions - it just IS. 'God' doesn't care - it simply equips us with the necessary tools for positive or negative actions, and it's up to us to do the best we can with what we're given.
arthur hamlin wrote:
Yes you can believe in Universal Consciousness as Helen is saying but I believe this comes from God. But unlike Helen I believe he does care
Helen wrote:In the case of humans, love is certainly an emotion, but the 'upstairs love' is more a sublime quality of being
I'm sure Helen can speak for herself, but what I understood her to mean (and completely agree with), is that there is a difference between ego-love and cosmic-love (which maybe some call "God"). But if you take a "spiritual" approach then surely if God Is, then God includes everything - including emotions?
I suspect the reference to God not caring is about God being totally non-judgemental...which maybe is the ultimate in caring?

Or- in my search for understanding and compromise, have I got this all utterly "wrong"?!!

Simon