Church rattled by Da Vinci code

Other news items of interest (aka Ian's Corner).
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Church rattled by Da Vinci code

Post by Ian Pegler »

The Archbishop of Canterbury's Easter sermon this year was predominated by references to conspiracy theories such as those portrayed in Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code".

Worth a look. Here's the link if you want to read it.

Clearly he's worried:
Rowan Williams wrote:"...So that the modern response to the proclamation, 'Christ is risen!' is likely to be, 'Ah, but you would say that, wouldn't you? Now, what's the real agenda?'"
I don't see the fuss about the Gospel of Judas though. Perhaps the real scandal was the shocking way in which the codex was treated since its discovery in the 1970s.

Herbert Krosney's book "The Lost Gospel" is worth a read if you want the blow-by-blow of the whole sorry story of how the manuscript was discovered, wrapped in newspaper, stolen and recovered, left to rot, deep-frozen, mis-handled, pages removed and sold separately, and eventually restored and translated. It's enough to make any biblical scholar break down and cry.

Currently I'm working my way through "The Gospel of Judas" by Kasser,Meyer and Wurst, which contains the first English Translation. Most of this book consists of commentaries by scholars. No conspiracy theories here though, just a Gnostic Gospel, like many others.

Ian.
Kevin
Novice
Novice

church rattled

Post by Kevin »

Ian , Some words,
Forgive them , for they did not know, the time as such is time , was not right.
IMHO, the man to look at is abbot suger, this man and his merry men of dowsers , built all the gothic cathedrals and churchs of England and France.
What this man said, the king of France did, he and his fellow abbots found books in the kings chapel in Paris, they translated them from greek to latin and from latin to french.
They discovered the real codes, not fiction, El Derado, The Golden Man, circles to spirals, only the dowser truly knows the code.
Only the dowser is the golden man, Abbot suger considered he had found God, and tried to show this through gothic architecture, CIRCLES.
They built the churchs to dowsers precise measure, devine measure, perfection, 1.618, fibonacci rules.
Stories and fiction have always been the way to tell about the truth , without having to actually tell the truth, the time as such is time is now , and the time is now to tell the truth, 1.618, in this measure is all the truth of the universes, of all life, and only a dowser can know this truth, the dowser is the golden man of Elderado.
Kevin

Post by Guest »

Too add to this post I would suggest taking a look at Robert Bauval's website and see what he has to say about the corresponding floor plan of the Luxor/Karnak temple complex in Egypt and the centre of Paris. An exact copy of the floor plan exists (all three miles long!) running right through the centre of the city. Further more an oblisk was removed from Luxor in 1837 and re-erected on it's corresponding location in Paris, in the Place de La Concorde. The site also aligns astronomically to the same points as the site in sothern Egypt.

What is particulalrlyu interesting from reading Robert Bauval's researchs is that the building of the floor plan of the Karnak/Luxor temple complex
in Paris occured towards the end of the 1200 years that the Egyptian site was buried under 660 feet of sand and effectively lost.

Dean
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

ON TOPIC please

Post by Ian Pegler »

It seems that we're straying off topic again. Does anyone have any comments on Rowan Williams' speech? Does he have a point? Is he right to be concerned about "conspiracy theories"? Could they really undermine the power of the Church? Does anyone believe that the "real agenda" of the Church is something other than the Christian message as conventionally understood? If so please say why.

Ian

Post by Guest »

The Archbishop's speach appears to be a flowery rationale simply giving succour to the establishment position. Dr Williams expresses a conjoured up dilema which has no direct reference to any of the theories.

The fiction of Dan Brown's book seemed aimed if anything, at the Roman Catholic church and by inference the Knights Templer movement and to some extent freemasonry. I am sure I heard on the news recently after the Da Vinci code trial, that the author had again insisted that the book was totally a work of fiction.

I have never heard before of the Abbot Suger led team mentioned in previous posts and would like to know more about them. As for mystical influences on modern relgion then the story related in Bauval's book mentioned earlier aswell as many additional references in there, are an enormous body of proof of the control and influence of the christain church by non christain groups. For instance what is a huge object and symbol of pagan worship from ancient Egypt, that was used in ancient Pharonic Egyptian practices doing standing in the middle of St Peters square Rome? An obelisk clearly which had some sort of role in the recent funeral of Pope John Paul the second, judging by the press photograpghs of the event.
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

For Abbot suger, simply google exactly that
Kevin
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Church acts against Da Vinci code film

Post by Ian Pegler »

Blimey, they are worried. Take a look at this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4967784.stm

Ian
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

BBC reviewer slates movie

Post by Ian Pegler »

The Da Vinci Code movie gets a poor review from the BBC's reviewer Caroline Briggs:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4989710.stm

Ian
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

so ? the da vinci code was fiction, want the truth ?
Forgive them for they did not know, time, as such is time, was not right, it is now.
In the beginning there was light, they got that bit right.
from then on greed and money have seemed to take over.
the light is what dowsers react to, subtle radio waves, that hunters react to, hello hunters, if you are reading this , you are hunter.
EVERYTHING, is compressed radio waves, who transmits, well not for me to say ?
on entering our planet they spiral into perfect spirals, measuring exactly in accordance with fibonacci, and following archameadies curves.
they compress in walter russell fashion vortex's to form what we mistakeadly consider as solids.
They compound into the elements we understand, and further compound to create all.
on death , they are dissolved , and re-join the flow, to be re-born, very simple really, very efficiant ?
kevin
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Going off topic again

Post by Ian Pegler »

Dear Kevin

This thread is about The Da Vinci code and the backlash against it by the establishment. If you wish to talk about something else, please feel free to do so by starting a new topic.

For the second time, please keep your posts ON TOPIC or I shall start deleting your posts.

:x

Ian
John White

Post by John White »

Seems like a case of comparative mythology to me

Does the evidance support any Gospels, Gnostic or otherwise, as reporting historical truth?
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Latter day heresy

Post by Ian Pegler »

It seems to me you'd be hard pressed to find historical proof for either "Christ is risen!" or the bloodline theory, but it seems to be more about the notion of undermining authority, this notion that the truth is being covered up that fascinates people, perhaps more than any genuine interest in what a bloodline would imply for Christian theology.

It's interesting that dressing the bloodline idea up as a work of fiction seems to have given it far more power than a non-fictional tome like The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail, which although widely read, never grabbed the spotlight in quite the same way as Dan Brown's page-turner.

Ian
blackthorn

Post by blackthorn »

You're right, people do love a conspiracy theory!
Page-turner it is not, however. Haven't seen the film, but the book is the most badly-written load of rubbish I had read in a long time. My reaction is "So Jesus had a family - SO WHAT?"
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Exactly my point

Post by Ian Pegler »

blackthorn wrote:You're right, people do love a conspiracy theory!
Page-turner it is not, however. Haven't seen the film, but the book is the most badly-written load of rubbish I had read in a long time. My reaction is "So Jesus had a family - SO WHAT?"
I suppose this begs the question as to how Dan Brown has managed to sell 50 million copies of his book (?) (something like that apparently) although perhaps the second point is more important, and effectively rephrases the original question, i.e. this is precisely what I am trying to understand myself :- why all the fuss if there is a bloodline? Why would it matter if there was one?

Ian
Pete Gateley

Post by Pete Gateley »

why all the fuss if there is a bloodline? Why would it matter if there was one?
I think the problem with a bloodline as far as Christian believers is concerned is that in the articles of their faith Christ is synonymous with God, or put bluntly, Christ is God. Thus any progeny would have to have a certain "Godness" about them This seems to be upheld in the "Holy Trinity" entanglement and is also is the main cause of irritation to followers of the other Abrahamic religions. It would be easy to accept a bloodline if Christ was accepted as an enlightened man (as was the case in the early Celtic Church, I understand) but in the official Church view he was/is the incarnation of God on earth.

This is why the Church does not want a bloodline, if one was proven, or even hinted at, all sorts of bizzare cults could be formed around whoever was claimed to have this "blood"....Oh, but hasn't that happened anyway?

Pete