Church rattled by Da Vinci code

Other news items of interest (aka Ian's Corner).
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Suerimposed Poussins

Post by Ian Pegler »

Apparently a guy called Derek Bair is claiming this "discovery" now.

Meanwhile, other HG enthusiasts are having a whale of a time superimposing mirror images of other paintings on each other.

CLICK HERE and scroll down, to see the "Shepards of Arcadia" superimposed.

Sit away from it, and see if you can spot two superimposed circles, an equilateral triangle and a pentagram.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

BBC Trust rejects Opus Dei Appeal

Post by Ian Pegler »

The BBC Trust has dismissed a complaint by Opus Dei that episodes of Waking The Dead portrayed a "negative and false" view of the Catholic organisation.

The Trust ruled the drama, which stars Trevor Eve, was "about individuals, not Opus Dei as an organisation".

CLICK HERE to read the article

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Vatican Set to Release Templar Documents

Post by Ian Pegler »

The mysteries of the Order of the Knights Templar could soon be laid bare after the Vatican announced the release of a crucial document which has not been seen for almost 700 years.

A new book, Processus contra Templarios, will be published by the Vatican's Secret Archive on Oct 25, and promises to restore the reputation of the Templars, whose leaders were burned as heretics when the order was dissolved in 1314.

CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Last edited by Ian Pegler on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: Vatican Set to Release Templar Documents

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Ian Pegler wrote:The mysteries of the Order of the Knights Templar could soon be laid bare after the Vatican announced the release of a crucial document which has not been seen for almost 700 years.

A new book, Processus contra Templarios, will be published by the Vatican's Secret Archive on Oct 25, and promises to restore the reputation of the Templars, whose leaders were burned as heretics when the order was dissolved in 1314.

Ian
Hi Ian,

I have tried about 20 times to connect with this article from the Telegraph but cannot do so. Do you (or anyone else) happen to have downloaded it and, if so, could you copy it to me please ?

Geoff
Paul Collett

Post by Paul Collett »

Geoff,
I have tried to send this as a pm. Please let me know if its ok.
Paul Collett
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Paul Collett wrote:Geoff,
I have tried to send this as a pm. Please let me know if its ok.
It's fine, thank you Paul. Have forwarded it now to several people I dowsed as having been Templars.

Geoff
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Re: Vatican Set to Release Templar Documents

Post by Ian Pegler »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote: Hi Ian,

I have tried about 20 times to connect with this article from the Telegraph but cannot do so. Do you (or anyone else) happen to have downloaded it and, if so, could you copy it to me please ?

Geoff
I've had a few failures with this link too. I think it may be a mark of its popularity, but basically it does still work.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Limited edition - a snip at $8400

Post by Ian Pegler »

The latest news...

VATICAN CITY - Sheiks, libraries and collectors around the world have ordered the Vatican's new US$8,400 limited-edition documentation of the heresy trial of the Knights Templar, officials said Thursday.

The leather-bound volume, which includes high-quality reprints of the original documents as well as clerical seals, is noteworthy because it contains a long ignored parchment showing that Pope Clement V initially absolved the medieval order of heresy.

CLICK HERE to read more.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Music found in Da Vinci's Last Supper

Post by Ian Pegler »

A computer technician has claimed to have cracked a real Da Vinci code, by finding musical notes encoded in the masterpiece The Last Supper.

Leonardo Da Vinci left clues to a 40-second musical composition in his painting, Giovanni Maria Pala said.

Each loaf of bread in the picture represents a note, he said, which combine to sound "like a requiem".

CLICK HERE to read the article. See also THIS THREAD

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Strike hits Da Vinci Code prequel

Post by Ian Pegler »

A follow-up to The Da Vinci Code has become the first big-screen casualty of the Hollywood writers' strike.

Angels & Demons, a prequel to the movie adaptation of Dan Brown's novel, is being delayed by Columbia Pictures because its script needs more work.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

British Templars call on Pope to apologise

Post by Ian Pegler »

A British order of Templars that claims direct descent from the original Knights Templar is calling on the Pope to apologise after a newly-discovered but ancient Vatican document shows that the knights were absolved of crimes laid against them seven centuries ago.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Richard Leigh dies

Post by Ian Pegler »

It has been reported that Richard Leigh has died.

He was co-author with Henry Lincoln and Michael Baigent of "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail".

Very sad.

CLICK HERE to read the obit in The Independent.

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

BBC obit

Post by Ian Pegler »

Two weeks later, the BBC have now reported it.

CLICK HERE to read the BBC article.

The Beeb are a bit slow these days. Cut backs...

Ian
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Re: British Templars call on Pope to apologise

Post by Ian Pegler »

Ian Pegler wrote:A British order of Templars that claims direct descent from the original Knights Templar is calling on the Pope to apologise after a newly-discovered but ancient Vatican document shows that the knights were absolved of crimes laid against them seven centuries ago.

Ian
A new online petition has now been launched, calling on the Pope to exonerate the Templars.

CLICK HERE to see the petition.

Ian
Deborah B

Post by Deborah B »

Sorry, but is there only me in the whole world who thinks that as 'The holy Blood and the Holy Grail' was published more than 25 years ago its "controversial" aspects are now somewhat old hat, and that "The Da Vinci Code" was the biggest load of (badly written) twaddle that I have had the misfortune to read in almost as long?

Am I cynical in thinking that Dan Brown and various members of the clergy have been fueling each others' publicity machines and all controversy is greeted eagerly by both sides?

I can hardly believe that people are actually sitting here discussing the "implications" of what is just a painfully bad novel. I wasted money and time on the thing. There went £6.99 and five hours of my life that I'll never get back again! Surely the hype which convinces unsuspecting members of the public into parting with hard earned cash for this sort of rubbish is the most controversial aspect of this whole sorry mess.