The Search for the Treasure of King John

Post here about any dowsing-related movies or DVDs of interest. You can also post links to online dowsing videos.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

The Search for the Treasure of King John

Post by Ian Pegler »

from Jan 2011...(how did I miss this??)

featuring dowser Jim Longton...!

Part One:

Part Two:

Part Three:

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: The Search for the Treasure of King John

Post by Helen-Healing »

Interesting!!
Well they've had 10 years to raise the money - they obviously couldn't. Perhaps contacting Time Team may have been the answer!

I was fascinated with Jim's dowsing rod - never seen anyone use one that shape before.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Kev has a six feet long dowsing rod he uses at the Rollrights,talk about poke your eye out, duck when he is around friends, think it doubles as a snooker cue ? :lol:
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

King John documentary

Post by Lynnie »

Hi

Did anyone see the recent BBC4 documentary re King John? There was a dowser on the programme searching for the supposed lost treasure. He was using a single rod and he accurately dowsed the contents of various earth samples they had. It was a shame that they didn't feel they could dig on his findings alone. Anyone else see it?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I've just heard that Jim Longton has passed, at the age of 84. He certainly had a varied life, from professional boxer and wrestler to television repair man and fish van magnate!
A member of the British Society of Dowsers, he was recognised throughout the country for his skills and was often called on by archaeologists to help find historical artefacts.
He helped find historical items of national importance, including Viking silver which is on display at the British Museum in London, and discovered historical sites and things on the sea bed by map dowsing.
Jimmy also appeared in a television series, claiming to have pinpointed the spot at Astley Park where Oliver Cromwell dismounted from his horse.
Full obituary HERE.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Sad news about Jim.

Here's some footage of him with Jane Goldman..

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

I like the shape of his dowsing rods - never seen those before.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The Y rod takes some beating, but its hard to use when your driving. :lol: I once saw a dowser at a crop circle use the hard core of the coco nut tree leaf, he let me try it and it was very good to use. Made me think you could not get lost if you dowsed and had one of these leaf cores in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, or moving from Island to Island miles from land. New Zealand has Sacred sites on the north/south Islands, so you could use them to find the way home, just like a lighthouse in the dark, with distance no object.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

When we ever get in space the distance between planets will make plotting a course very hard,but something that will help are the various pulsars firing out different frequencies of pulses that will act as beacons in deep space.Same as Sacred Sites here on Earth, which you can use to plot a course in any direction, ONCE you know that places signature along with the others, but in deep space you will rely on a sort of electronic dowsing of these pulsars around you to find your position. 8)
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

And now back to King John's treasure, back to Jim Longton...please.

Ian
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

My dowsing of the wagon train and any remaining treasure makes me believe that a dowser will be the only person to provide the details where to dig, as I believe the treasure is far too deep for any metal detector. I feel two places are well worth digging in the fields, but the sites are far apart and would cost a bit to dig down to the level where I dowse Gold items. I dont think a JCB would go deep enough, so that means a long arm crane of 15 to 25 feet would be needed to put a deep enough trench down, plus removing water infill as it worked. Then the cost of any shoring up to make it all safe to work in, so the final cost would be a lot on the word of any dowser who found something, but I imagine worth it all in the long run to provide things of great historic value back to the public to admire like the Stafford Hoard...I think if someone was ready to gamble and take a risk, asking two or three dowsers to join a group to find the treasure would bring results, and reduce the chances of failure. Its one of those things where you will never know till its tried, is the items still there worth digging for, and how much would it cost for a crane and crew to dig, plus English Heritage/National Trust would be all over you wanting to control every move....The other way is to drill any places where dowsing proved items were buried, and hope not too much was destroyed when the drill went through the carts and items, thats the cheap method, but really not the best approach I believe. It needs someone to take a chance with a dowsers word, or better still a couple of dowsers who are willing to look for the treasure and agree a site to dig, then put a deep trench over that spot,going slow to avoid any damage to the items in the ground. When the depth is worked out, go to three feet above, and HAND dig the rest of the way down to avoid any damage, job done.

Sorry Ian, I get carried away some times here,as past posts show :oops:
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: King John documentary

Post by Helen-Healing »

Lynnie wrote:Hi

Did anyone see the recent BBC4 documentary re King John? There was a dowser on the programme searching for the supposed lost treasure. He was using a single rod and he accurately dowsed the contents of various earth samples they had. It was a shame that they didn't feel they could dig on his findings alone. Anyone else see it?
I am watching the repeat of this now on BBC4!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Thats interesting, I will look out for this, I miss all the good things when the Rugby comes on. :lol: