Reactivating a Ley Line

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Rory
Novice
Novice

Re: Reactivating a Ley Line

Post by Rory »

Hi George
Have been enjoying reading your posts.
Not sure if I can give you an exact answer to your question but would say this. I have been mapping Ley (Energy) lines for some years now and quite possibly have come across lines that people have not been aware of for several hundred years. I have also found several old stone circles that were not recently known of, to my knowledge of searching loads of internet sights. I am also aware of the importance of the human consciousness when working with these lines. For example the more the conscious meditation with these energies, the more you can influence them. The numbers of radial lines coming from a centre increases for example after such an interaction. This leads me to believe that the lines are not exactly switched off, they appear more to be remaining dormant until a 'consciousness' interacts with them. This appears to 'reactivate' them in your words, but I would say its really not just a sort of switching on and more really a growing of a reawakening power. The more individuals and even groups of people work on these lines, the more the growth - in a 2 way nature as well. Therefore I think anyone, not perhaps just a reincarnated person, can work with these energies to increase their influence. To go further on this, once a line has been 'rediscovered', so to speak, and the more and more people interact with the energy on that plane (line), then the more others, in particular beginners to dowsing, will, I think, be able to sense (dowse) it and potentially benefit from it.

On your first question with regards to the 'blue line' in Nottingham, if it is heading South West, it may well be from one of the lines I have dowsed at Breedon on the Hill Church, just off the A42 near to Donnington as one of them there heads off in the Nottingham direction. That came through as a very powerful node to the extent that it felt as though it had not been dowsed in a while. Don't know about the blue colour though, can anyone give me any tips to start recognising colours as this will be very helpful in my work to help differentiate all the lines in my area?
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Hi George
I like the idea of tapping the stick on the ground to re-activate the ley.
I have found a few 'logan' or rocking stones here in Cornwall and they all sit on leys.
One in particular must weigh 25-30 tonnes and can be rocked vigorously when stood on top of it.
It makes a satisfying thud on the granite tor it is resting on, every time I go there I have to rock it, but I don't know if it effects the ley it sat on aswell?

ocd
stay on the path, beware of the moon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi George;

Although I'm not necessarily going along with everything in your first post (the bit about the staff at a particular height is a bit too much Indiana Jones for my taste, but then again why not?), there are certainly a few kernels of wisdom in it. You can certainly manipulate the energy of leys using intent and other devices such as sound and light, crystals, fire etc. Placing a crystal on a ley can have various interesting effects, such as amplifying the ley and producing a larger magnified etheric form of the crystal. This is particularly true of Platonic solid quartz crystals - you can get sets of these in 'newage' shops and they are quite fun to play with, although not all of them have beneficial effects, so be careful.
Sound is also used to 'imprint' intention into a standing stone and/or ley, hence the use of loggan or rocking stones. You can program a standing stone with your intent and then strike it with another stone or a suitable hammer to hold the intent. Fire has the same effect, although has to be used carefully where stones are involved as it may damage the stone. It's like moxibustion in acupuncture.
You can reprogram the colour by using intent, and indeed this is quite a common 'fix' for stressed leys. Many folk use a Mager rosette when working with colour, but different folk also sometimes have different personal attributions for colours, so that's something that you have to be aware of.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

George
I have to admit I like the excalibur film, it's in my movie collection - a classic!
There are some legends of King Arthur associated with Cornwall, Dozmary pool is supposed to be where Excaliber was cast back into the lake. I dowsed Dozmary pool a while ago, the mary line runs through it, I can remember walking away feeling quite energised! Didn't find any swords though!
At Slaughterbridge near Camelford there is a fallen standing stone with 'here lies Arthur' carved on it and I think some Ogham inscriptions too.
I think they have a website and have used dowsers in conjunction with archaeologists to excavate parts of the site at Slaughterbridge.
As for the old ways and connections to the earth, I think we know little compared to our ancestors.

ocd
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

georgek: as we relate to myth and connections
You may want to check out the writing of Jung re. archetypes.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Post by Ian Pegler »

I have to admit I like the excalibur film, it's in my movie collection - a classic!
There's a thread about "lines of power" in Excalibur somewhere on this forum.

Ah-ha! I found the LINK.

I know this film backwards, I must have watched it a million times! Boorman at his best.
At Slaughterbridge near Camelford there is a fallen standing stone with 'here lies Arthur' carved on it
At Dinas Mawddwy in North Wales there's a field by Merion Mill which is called Maes-y-Camlan. The owner of
the Mill had a dream and acted upon it by putting up a memorial stone with the words
Er Cof am Arthur ("In memory of Arthur") inscribed on it. It was unveiled by the
reincarnation of King Arthur in 1994. The author Laurence Main subsequently found energy lines
there (c.f. King Arthur's Camlan - a quest for the Truth by Laurence Main - see also this related thread)
Tintagel.....I believe was the castle of King Arthur?
Tintagel castle, according to Geoffrey of Monmouth, was the place where Arthur was
conceived (as portrayed in Excalibur). The existing castle is 13th century and so
it isn't old enough.

Back in 1998 an inscription bearing the word Artognov was discovered there but most scholars are not convinced that it refers to Arthur.

The oldest existing Arthurian Legend is the Welsh Culhwch and Olwen which makes reference to King Arthur's court as being at Celliwig in Cornwall (Kernyw), but the exact whereabouts of Celliwig are unknown. The authors Steve Blake and Scott Lloyd relocated Kernyw and Celliwig to North Wales (c.f. The Keys to Avalon by Steve Blake and Scott Lloyd)
Cornwall also had it's own language and may have even been connected to Brittany?
Yes, Welsh, Breton and Cornish are all in the same sub-group of Celtic languages. The ancestors of the Bretons were from mainland Britain. They departed this country because of the Saxon invasion.
Am I correct in saying that Arthur was perhaps termed as At-hur?
Sounds like someone's pet theory.
They say that Arthur means stone?
Nope.

However, many of the names of standing-stones, dolmens etc. in Wales have references to some local legend concerning a giant called Arthur who threw it there e.g Carreg Coetan Arthur. see Mysterious Wales by Chris Barber.

Ian.

Edited by I.P. 26.1.09 corrected own typo, minor rephrasing in two places.
Edited by I.P. 1.9.10 - put in link to related thread
griff
Novice
Novice

Post by griff »

'Some do say 'tis Slapton Ley where Excalibur was thrown'. :roll:

Griff
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

George
Yep St Micheals Mount was surrounded by forest at one point, victorian fisherman used to take people out on boats in mounts bay to see the petrified remains of tree stumps. Supposedly the sea is only 30 or 40 feet deep all the way out to the Isles of Scilly?
I think Tintagel castle isn't old enough, but supposedly Castle-an-Dinas and St Dennis hillfort were defended by Arthurs mother and her husband. They both fell, the area between the hillforts is called Domelliack and is ancient hunting grounds, a few miles to the east is Tremodrett-'home or farm of Mordred'. Tremodrett was mentioned in the doomsday book and is ancient aswell.
I don't know what Ar-Tur means in cornish, but I may be able to find out. Cornish written names seem to have lots variations possibly due to pronunciation, my friend speaks Cornish and he believes there are three slightly different dialects of Cornish, east, middle and west?
Another interesting story is of Tristan and Isolde or Yesault, this story resembles the story of Lancelot and Gwenivere, the two stories may have been mixed up as they come from roughly the same era. They made Tristan and Isolde into a film a few years ago.
I can have a look for excalibur for you too if you want, but I'm not very good at finding lost objects!

ocd
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

georgek: Also Christianity which features the calendar. Jesus was not born at Christmas and is symbolised by Pisces for the first 2000 years and now Aquarious. (sic)
You have to be careful here...because to follow this back you have the Jews and Aries (sheep & especially rams- to which many Old Testament references)...not Christianity. For many astrologists Aries is "One"- the start of the cycle and/or the Ego.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Ian Pegler
Professional
Professional

Post by Ian Pegler »

georgek wrote: Thank you Ian.

Most interesting and informative points. I once read where legends and all religions are based on the calendar. We have what is called The Arthurian Legend which is connected to birth and death ( I think I am correct?)
There was another film called Sword of the Valiant, made back in 1984 which was a movie retelling of the story of Gawain and the Green Knight. Pretty awful film, especially special effects and Gawain's wig but Sean Connery stars as the Green Knight who is basically the Green Man in another guise, in a fashion more acceptable to mediaeval Christians. Here you certainly do get this idea of death and renewal.

However it would be oversimplifying to try and boil down the huge voluminous mass of Arthurian legends down to just one idea. Much of it was politically motivated, for example.

georgek wrote: The Grand Cycle of Recession
An apt phrase for describing the global economy (!) but I think you mean the precession of the equinoxes.

Note that in terms of the astrological aeons, we are moving backwards through the twelve signs. Prior to the Picsean Age (corresponding to the Christian era) you had the age of Aries (note the reference to the sacrifice of rams in the Old testament, and the rams horns blown by the priests) and prior to that you had the age of Taurus, corresponding to the age of bull-worship in the ancient world.
All about the earth.
Clive Beale's talk at the last BSD conference was great. It put the whole of religion into perspective - it's about the earth, time, the seasons, birth, death, renewal and binding society together. However, the more recently invented monotheisms have lost this perspective.

Ian
mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

This is such an interesting post, and I may be able to add something here about the staff with a jem stone or crystal on the end, as this rings a bell with me.Any Ley Line dowsed at ground level will pulse energy one direction, yet if you can stand higher above this same Ley you will dowse changes to the direction flow and its influence.What Im saying is at different heights over a Ley Line changes occur when you dowse there, SO place a jem stone at the RIGHT height above the energy path running at ground level, and this could increase/change its influence at all levels perhaps ? I know its possible to dowse earth forces from ancient sites at 1500 feet above the site, as I have done this looking for crop circles in a light aircraft, so imagine how many changes and levels of influence from ground level you would pass through ? AND hitting the ground three times with the STAFF, might just be the fine tuning of the staff and jem stone, to find the correct height and its position to affect the changes ? I remember many years ago at a powerful crop circle at Husbands Bosworth I carried a step ladder to get good pictures of the circle, and while I dowsed at the different height above the circle the dowsing structure of the circle changed from that at ground level, this has given me the idea for this post...A good way to check for changes would be to take a ladder and place it against a tree where a Ley ran,so you could dowse at different levels going up the ladder and record any changes, ANY TAKERS? Im too old for that now, but its a thought folks.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Mike,

You wrote "Any Ley Line dowsed at ground level will pulse energy one direction".

I don't think you were picking up a ley line at all....an energy line, certainly, but a ley line doesn't emit any energy, it merely indicates a direction in which the ley line goes. It follows a path that both humans and animals took years ago and some still take. Several churches were built on Ley Lines and these, as you will know, can often be found on large scale maps.

Sorry to be a bit pedantic but the BSD Earth Energies Group define Leys as follows :

LEY
A significant alignment of sacred and secular sites across a landscape, generally horizontally visible. The minimum number of aligned sites to qualify as a ley is five. The term was first used by Alfred Watkins in 1921. This is not a dowsing term and should not be used as such. If a ley has an associated dowsable line of energy it should be described as an energy ley.

LEY LINE
The term used by many British dowsers to describe an energy ley. It is easily confused with ley and therefore its use is not recommended by dowsers.

My dowsing indicates that there are only two kinds of energy lines and I stress the word Lines - Geopathic stress and water lines. The former are often said to be associated with geological structures and the latter with underground running water. I would agree that the energy from both types can rise several hundred feet but for some peculiar reason I cannot detect G.S. energy lines between ground level and a height of about 18" above ground level. Why this should be I have no idea because other dowsers say they can detect it there. Personally I dont see why these lines should be called 'energy leys' rather than 'energy lines'. After all, it's perfectly possible to dowse whether the energy is coming from a GS or a water source.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

I agree with you Geoff.
I do not think it clever to differentiate between a Ley and an Energy Line.
Energy Line will do. Lets keep it simple. This will give space to obtain info on ones findings
Arthur
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

(George) This opens up many questions on what exactly dowsers are detecting? My understanding of science, is that everything represents 'energy' in one way or another.

(Me) Where did you get the idea that dowsing a Ley Line had anything to do with science, George ?
Try dowsing whether a Ley Line emits any energy.

(George) Is it suggested that the ley line connecting certain sites are merely the 'pencil work of God'?

(Me) If you ask your rod/pendulum to indicate the presence of a ley Line it will do so.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Etymology: Ley Line/energy ley?

Post by Grahame »

This has turned into a fascinating thread, even if we have veered away considerably from George's original post. I may have to split this into a separate topic at some point. But it's a good debate, and it's important that we keep discussing how we define these things. Keep it up, chaps!
arthur hamlin wrote:I do not think it clever to differentiate between a Ley and an Energy Line.
Energy Line will do.
I think I will have to disagree with you here, Arthur. I believe that it is useful to differentiate the two.
As I understand it, ley indicates a straight line - whether it's a visual ley or an energy ley. I use 'energy line' to denote a sinuous line, such as the Michael and Mary currents.
I'm not sure about the entire etymology here, but I think that the 'energy ley' term was imported back to us from American dowsers, where it is used to describe a straight band of dowsable energy, usually about 2.5m wide. A visual ley (common: "ley line" = alignment of sites) can be dowsed for, but (for me, anyway), will be very narrow with minimal width, indicating little or no energy. An energy line (again, for me) dowses slightly wider than this, but not usually as wide as an energy ley, apart from major flows like the aforementioned Michael and Mary currents.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.