Michael/Mary Line

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
CaisterGirl

Michael/Mary Line

Post by CaisterGirl »

(mod - two topics merged - GG)

I am not a seasoned dowser and have a question about the Michael/Mary line. I have read elsewhere online that this line goes from Cornwall to Hopton-on-Sea in Norfolk, goes out to sea, and then it comes back in again at Hemsby, a few miles from where I was born and brought up. Could someone explain to me how the line goes off to sea at Hopton then returns via Hemsby, is this part of a circuit. If anyone knows that it does come back in at Hemsby, could they please tell me where. I live in Devon now but intend taking my rods when I next visit my family in Norfolk. Thanks.
Last edited by CaisterGirl on Thu May 07, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rory
Novice
Novice

Re: Michael/Mary Line, Norfolk

Post by Rory »

Hi Caistergirl

As I understand things from conversations I have had with Hamish Miller, these lines continue on around the world. He found that the Appollo/Athena lines went all across Europe. In my dowsing I have never found any lines to end either.

What I am aware of is that some people also dowse lines where ancient rituals took place and ritual pathways can be found this way. It was suggested that the St Michael and St. Mary lines were just that - ancient ritual pathways - a possible reason for this I believe was that when the lines were dowsed as to a connection to a ritual path, the answer came up yes. I am of the opinion that the lines do exist at a more fundamental spiritual level and that people in the past would have walked along them - quite possibly as a form of meditative pilgramage. I would guess that an enquiring 'few' may well have reached the North Sea and noted that the lines continued on into the water. It may well have been a goal for them to continue on, to keep following the lines, to see where they went - to perhaps reach some spiritual goal. This I think meant they then would have taken to some craft that took them beyond the waves. It would not be unexpected for them to have reached a point far out to see at which they would have to turn back, which is when they turned back to land. Tides would have not taken them back the same way which is why they would have landed elsewhere.

Anyone tracking the lines as ritual pathways would have dowsed/noted their journey in their craft rather than the continuing energy line, which is why some consider the lines to bend back and return to land. I however do not think the fundamental underlying energy lines do this.
Any way just my thoughts on the matter.
All the best with your dowsing
Regards
Rory
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hello Caister Girl,
Welcome if you have not been with us before.
I believe there are several dowsers that have traversed this Michael and Mary route from St Michaels Mount in Cornwall up to Hopton in Norfolk.
I took a special interest in this a short while ago, having just come away from living in Norwich.
From the outsett I can only tell of my dowsing experience here as I`m sure there will be those with different versions to me.
I am of the opinion that all if not nearly all of both the Michael and Mary energy lines represents a trackway made by man, caused by many feet being put down in a similar place to build up the energies flowing from their mind.
My dowsing says there was originally just the Michael Line used by the native people mainly of east anglia as a pilgrimage route to pay homage to a saint mentioned in the old testament who came to St Michaels Mount in Cornwall.
This route was usurped by the Romans when they conquered Briton and forbade the pilgrims from using this track.
Not to be outdone the pilgrims formed a new route now named the Mary Line, but kept within virtual viewing distance of the Michael Line to enable access south.
The energy line reaching out to sea at Hopton and than returning back to land I get as the Mary Line.
This I get was because they had to avoid the Roman look out posts and were able to make landfall after dark.
Arthur
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

As a post script I am getting that the line returns slightly north of Hemsby.
Arthur
CaisterGirl

Post by CaisterGirl »

Thnak you for that. Very interesting. I've had a little look on a map and see that there is an area just offshore of Hemsby called Hemsby Hole. Can't find out much about it online. To do with shipping, I'm sure, or some kind of sink hole perhaps. My father would have known for sure, having worked on the lightships. Also potentially interesting is the church at Hemsby, St Mary the Virgin and I was a little surprised to see that there is another St Mary the Virgin just up the road in Martham, which is a few miles (5?) NNW of Hemsby. Not wholly surprising - Norfolk is full of churches (and somne very lovely ones too). I have lined up Hemsby and Martham with a ruler on the map (but only a road map, not a decent OS map) and followed the line. It comes out remarkably close to The Shrine of Our Lady in Little Walsingham. I am about to find out about the villages that fall on the line and their churches. Watch this space.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Don't forget erosion and the ever-changing coastline....eg Dunwich. Only a few hundred years ago the East Anglian coastline was very differently "shaped" to how it is now...and will be in another few hundred years!
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
el-rod

Post by el-rod »

Sorry to resurrect this topic but I'm interested to see if anyone has a clearly defined route for the Michael and Mary lines available on a google earth overlay, or perhaps on an Ordnance Survey Map
I'm interested in the "Norfolk" end as I've recently map dowsed some ancient kings burial sites that appear to align with a UK overview map showing the Michael/Mary Lines via the google search engine. I've located 4 burial sites that all dowse as being inter-related and all located on a meandering dragon line through the indifferent Norfolk landscape. I initially wondered why there was no natural geographical alignment to the sites and it took a couple of days to realize that there may be a Michael and Mary line association.
I don't know whether other dowsers have a similar problem to me but I find it necessary to use an exact ,or accurate, description of what I'm looking for to get a positive result. Never having dowsed the Michael/Mary line before I find that this 'term' or definition doesn't register in my dowsing nomenclature, I suspect that my dowsing subliminal knowledge is expecting a more precise term for this alignment than the "Michael and Mary Line" which has no doubt been attributed in recent years. I'd be interested to find out any other definitions for this alignment.

Many thanks, Clive
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Clive, have you seen the Google Earth placemark that David Furlong produced for the Michael alignment? It's only the main alignment, but might be of help.

You can still buy OS maps of the M&M currents as dowsed by Hamish Miller from Penwith Press.

**EDIT see also this post from later in this thread.

(mod - links updated 10/18 - GG)
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Kevin
Novice
Novice

Post by Kevin »

el-rod( great name)
If I could offer a few suggestions?
The first is the churchs, check them out and their precise orientations,
http://www.britarch.ac.uk/ba/ba94/feat2.shtml (link broken)

Look at their names. then look for geometry, but not merely straight line geometry , but spiral based geometry that links the self same named churchs in spiral flows.
Then consider a duality of spin based flows, that are best known presently as michael and Mary, and that these flows have main-line concentrations that feed out to every blade of grass.
That these opposite spin flows are TIME, and time flowing in opposite direction, hence they don't mix, unless they spiral together in very special geometric places such as glastonbury tor, and in Avebury.

You have to try and think in scalar fashion, thus in terms of universe right down to the smallest part of each atom, hence,
As above, so below.
Every single part of every atom needs the duality of spin( clockwise and counter-clockwise)
to exist, without a reasonable balance of these two opposite anything will revert to NO-THING.

If You visit Avebury the two flows come together at the cove, near the red lion pub.

I find these flows in variant degreees are omni present, but they feed out in sequence that matchs this sequence,
0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144,233.........infinity.
The sequencing of that geometry produces dominant cross features where the contents feed out into the other orientations where they PINCH together in a geometric centre point, that cross is best visualised as the maltese cross, or order of St John.
The Norman churchs are placed very precisely , imho by the very best dowsers of their TIME, I always tip My hat to them , and whisper ,
Manufique, mes ami's, manufique.
Kevin
el-rod

Post by el-rod »

TO : Grahame Gardner,

Thanks for the information. I tried the David Furlong google earth alignment but found it to be too much of an overview, or too simple of a trajectory line. It clearly passes close to the burial sites I've discovered but I was looking for the meandering tracks of the individual Michael and Mary lines which I hope will traverse the sites.

Your second suggestion, as dowsed by Hamish Miller, looks like just what I'm looking for, god bless his soul! I've ordered the complete set of maps for the entire path.

I'll report back when I've received them.

Many thanks,

Clive
el-rod

Post by el-rod »

TO : Kevin,

Thank you for the response which you appear to have gone to a great deal of trouble to explain.

The subject never ceases to fascinate me and your findings , or observations, are clearly technically well in advance of my interpretive level of dowsing skills.

The ancient burial sites I've map dowsed are not churches so I don't think I can establish their precise orientation to your geometric formula.

Many thanks,

Clive
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I know from my early fishing days there is a Hopton Hole just off the beach, and I think its where I always done well off the beach where the Michael/Mary Lines pass, this position was a hot spot for Cod fishing in the Winter, with my biggest Cod from there at 16LB no less,so the thought of a Hemsby Hole again part of these powerful forces is so interesting, is this a common condition I wonder, have to look next time at Hemsby.Couple of years ago a number of powerful Crop Circles appeared at Hemsby and Martham, in almost a line running west to east towards the sea !! My grandfather was in the trinity bless him and spent years at sea on the light ships (Sam Smith), and I visited Hemsby all the while when I lived at Yarmouth, small world :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Caistergirl,
Your name is not Pat and used to sit on the seat at the position across from the Church on the corner did you, now that would be a really small world if it was you, where the road to Caister Castle ran, and the other one going to Caister Camp,those were good times, no worries and long hair and my own boss, it takes me back :mrgreen:
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Michael & Mary currents

Post by Merlin »

On Friday afternoon I had some spare time so went and made the most of the blistering heat by going for a walk, I took my new rods with as I was going near to Pegsdon Hills Nature Reserve and the intention was to dowse for the Michael Line at the top of Deacon Hill.

After a fairly uneventful walk I reached Telegraph Hill, here there is a tumulus which I had a go at dowsing, Telegraph Hill is where the Icknield Way goes over the first ridge of the Chiltern Hills and near enough backs onto Deacon Hill, because of the rather steep path to get the top of Deacon Hill I didn't start dowsing until I was nearly at the summit (Deacon Hill resembles a slightly smaller version of Ivinghoe Beacon).

On top I found the Michael Line coming in from the West it seemed to go round the northern side of Concrete Trig Point and immediately descended the north eastern side of the hill, due to a barb wire fence I wasn't able to follow it down into the meadow and had to take a slight detour. When I did get to the meadow I discovered that the width was starting to get bigger, in fact by the time I got to the other end of the field where the line disappeared across the Hexton Road it was some 40 to 50 feet in width! I walked down the road towards Hitchin and then took the footpath on the other side of the towards Tingley Wood. I soon met up with the Michael Line as it crossed the footpath again it was a similar width as it had been in the meadow.

On Sunday I paid a visit to All Saints Church at Buckland (between Aylesbury and Tring), really nice 12th Century Church, has some strange leaping gargoyles on the the Tower and a defaced Sheel-na-gig (last time I saw one of those was in Royston Cave). I found the Mary line went straight down the Nave of the church and a quick check on a local road confirmed its course towards Weston Turville, however I forgot to check if any other lines interdicted with Mary at the church.

Today I had a quick look at St Mary's Church at Kings Walden (place I know well as I grew up in the parish) I found the Mary line running into the church via the tower at the western end and exiting the eastern end. It was then I remember to check for any additional lines. I dowsed the outside the southern part of the church and then came across another line that had come in from the south went through the tower were it crossed with Mary, it exited the tower on the northern edge I followed it north across the grave yard.

Looking on an OS map it heads directly through Ley Green, I'm wondering if it then goes to St Marys Magdalene at Great Offley then continues north along the ridge to Deacon Hill where it meets Michael? something to look at for a future date maybe.

I then checked Marys route into Breachwood Green finding Mary crossing the footpath between Lords and Watkins Wood before clipping the heath and entering the village where it seems to go through the village school, I checked for it again as it exited the village at the bottom of Lye Hill before it crossed a field to Diamond End, here I found Mary crossing the road close to Dane Street near Wandon Green. Finally I decided to check Somries Castle which is on the southern edge of Luton Airport.

Somries isn't really a castle, it was a fortified house built with red bricks (same style as Hampden Court Palace) unfortunately it is just a ruin now.

Something strange happened whilst I was there I specifically asked to dowse the Mary Line and found it going through the gate house, I then dowsed another line coming from the south west crossing Mary in the gate house and then continuing through the chapel and exiting north east.

This second line actually would seem a better alignment for Mary and that got me wondering had I dowsed the wrong line at first? I then thought back to Friday when I was dowsing for Michael the very last time in a separate field I made the mistake of asking for Mary and got a negative response, so had I made a mistake?

Looking at the map Mary would have to twist considerably when leaving both St Marys at Kings Walden and Somries.

My main interest in the part of the Mary Line is why does it do this crescent shaped route south of Luton, is it being pulled to the south by St Albans which is close by?

One last thing I do know of a line that comes in from the north and meets Michael at Waulds bank,this has been called the Earthlight lIne and I'm wondering if this continues through Luton to Somries?

No doubt to be continued :)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: M&M's

Post by mike »

sounds LIKE THOSE NEW DOWSING RODS ARE ON STERIODS !! wow .