letting kids know about dowsing

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
willie

letting kids know about dowsing

Post by willie »

Hello all, looking for your knowledge on how you have handled your kids and them seeing/understanding dowsing. I have been dowsing for some 4 years now and tried been discreet when they are about. Some of my discreetness been that I dowse best in silence hence not around noise from my kids. Last night my 2 eldest (age 8 & 6) took up the rods and went looking for geopathic stress lines and toys. I tried explaining in the best way I could how to hold the rods and ask the questions, they both found everything they looked for and then the questions followed, how does that work, can I find hidden sweets, etc, etc. I answered as best as I could and they went off to bed. My main concern is how they interprete what they experienced and what they see Daddy doing sometimes.
What have you said to your kids about what you do?
What negative things need to be screened from them?
What have you let your kids do with dowsing?
Thanks
Willie
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: letting kids know about dowsing

Post by mike »

My granddaughter in a crop circle for the first time found things I never knew were there, she was a natural, and even at a very early age picked up the basics in minutes of dowsing.Its a fun thing for children, and even big kids like me to dowse, BUT doors can be opened that should remain shut, so a word of warning, let them know of its dangers as well as the fun they can have.And the more you dowse the better you get, so encourage children to dowse where the mums and dads are happy with it, some religions think dowsing the work of the Devil, so beware.
sapling

Post by sapling »

I'm part of a certain century-old youth movement. I sometimes have ideas of running a dowsing activity. Make Y rods form coppiced hazel, locate the water pipe running under the campsite, that sort of thing. Explained as 'this is science we don't yet understand', and trying not to step on any religious toes.
mike wrote:BUT doors can be opened that should remain shut, so a word of warning, let them know of its dangers
Can you elaborate on these dangers?
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Not sure if this will appear alarmist or not. I do hope not. However, maybe a read of this thread may help.
I'd think of it as if I was teaching my children how to cross the road....except you can't always see "what's coming". It's tricky- wanting to encourage their interest v. not unnecessarily scaring them.
However, just by treating it seriously and not making out that it's a game that has no rules, is good.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

I agree with Simon,

you cant scare children, thats not right. Psychic protection is what Mike is referring to I believe.

You should always ask whether you can and should dowse, simply add you child into this equation.

Personally they will not be too far from you and your protection and i think the risks are acceptable if they are acceptable for yourself.

happy dowsing

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

I have to agree with the previous posts,

also I have found it useful to be respectful and sincere when dowsing.

Sapling,
Sent you a PM.

Alan
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Mick

Post by Mick »

I don't know what you are all concerned about, I think dowsing is a natural thing, not something to be hidden or suppressed.

Who cares what the brainwashed religious think, they know of nothing that's why they can only believe. Knowledge is what's important. They can't burn people like us anymore, so tuff titty to them :mrgreen: