Deepak Chopra's One Million Dollar Challege to the Skeptics

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Deepak Chopra's One Million Dollar Challege to the Skeptics

Post by Ian Pegler »

Deepak Chopra has offered a One Million Dollar Challenge to James Randi and other members of the Skeptical movement.
Deepak Chopra wrote:I challenge the non "amazing" Randi and his professional debunkers and skeptics to explain normal experience & offer them a $1 million prize

Ian
Last edited by Grahame on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added media embed codes
Mick

Re: Deepak Chopra's One Million Dollar Challege to the Skept

Post by Mick »

If his point is to show that there are things that can not be explained then he makes a valid point. However if his point is just to belittle Randi's challenge with his challenge then he does his case no favours, he lowers himself to the same level.

Any sane person knows there are real things that can not be explained.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Mick wrote:Any sane person knows there are real things that can not be explained.
This is begging the question. Is the "hard problem of consciousness" unsolvable by definition, or is it merely the case that no-one has yet solved it? If the latter, then Deepak's prize is theoretically winnable.

Ian
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Sorry- but my immediate reaction to all of this is, "Why don't they just grow up?"!
Why get drawn into posturing games?

:twisted:
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

simonwheeler wrote:Sorry- but my immediate reaction to all of this is, "Why don't they just grow up?"!
Why get drawn into posturing games?

:twisted:
It's only posturing because Chopra knows they can't do it. :twisted: :lol:

Ian
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Chopra is not the only one challenging the sceptics - Italian water dowser Maurizio Armanetti offers one million Euros to any sceptic who wants to personally verify that he can dowse not one, but 33 spa water wells randomly chosen, and predict depth and water temperature.

That challenge has been running since 2014. I wonder if anyone has taken him up on his offer?

Armanetti also documents a 'challenge' against a geologist to find hot spa water in Tuscany that was independently witnessed and verified.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

In 2002 I asked a friend to drive me from Halesowen to Wiltshire to find a nominated genuine crop circle in the fields there, I would be blindfolded and he would drive to my instructions of right left or turn around.I would keep the imagine of that crop circle in my mind, and every few minutes just call out which way to continue, so we set off and started the drive, with me dowsing this unique crop circles energies in my mind both concentric and radial....We got to the field and passed it, and I had to ask to turn around to drive back to where it was, and it proved to be 95 miles on the clock from Rays house to the field.Then In 2003 I dowsed another genuine crop circle this time driving 98 miles to the formation in the fields again blindfolded, and both times the only time I lost the energies was when he told me we passed over the Michael Mary Lines....I tried to involve the Guiness Book Of Records doing this again, but they wanted £250 to set it up and run he challange, and it was money I never had.I did think at the time to take the challange of Randi and do this for him as a dowsing experiment, but in the end I just never bothered as I know dowsing works fine, so why show these suits and big car people something that comes very natural is really possible.And Im a shy person anyway, as my friends will tell you, crowds I avoid at all costs, I went to the East field in Wiltshire one weekend to find the members of the BSD team dowsing the formation I wanted to dowse.I walked in the formation dowsed its structure and left as fast, nodding to Jim Lyons a good friend who was talking with them all, in out and gone thats me. :mrgreen: