Interesting experience

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Interesting experience

Post by Lynnie »

Hello folks

Had an interesting experience recently and wondered if anyone else had experienced similar.

I’d been working, unsuccessfully on an emotional energy problem. One morning I awoke and saw in my mind’s eye this beautiful rose quartz pendulum with a garnet stone on the top. The image stayed with me for many minutes and I just thought it may be a bit of spiritual healing so just stayed with it for a while. Over the next week or so, I found it coming into my third eye every so often as if it was not letting me forget it. Then I was on holiday and decided to go to Glastonbury and thought I’d go into the shop where I got my last pendulum and have a look to see if they had a pendulum that was exactly like the one I was seeing. I wasn’t interested in any rose quartz pendulum; it had to be exactly the shape and type I kept seeing, complete with garnet stone.

I went into the shop out of curiosity, not really expecting to see such a pendulum but as soon as I walked in there it was! Exactly as I had seen. As soon as I picked it up it felt right and I knew that I would buy it but not exactly know what I was buying it for. May be just another pendulum, or a spare one. I asked if this would be a suitable pendulum for me and it gave me a big yes.
When I got it home, I asked if it was to help me generally or be an alternative pendulum and I got a no. After some dowsing I found it was to help me with this specific emotional problem and nothing else. So I can dowse with it on anything to do with this emotional issue but nothing else. If I ask about anything else, it won’t move. A few weeks later, this led me to thinking if the answers were coming from a difference source than the answers I get when I use my other pendulum. So I asked and the answer was yes. I haven’t asked any further than that, I don’t feel the need to press the issue any further. But I wondered if anyone else has specific pendulums for specific issues.

Best wishes to all

Lynnie
DarkChestofWonders
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Interesting experience

Post by DarkChestofWonders »

Hi Lynnie,
It feels to me that you were guided to this pendulum, have you looked up the properties of Rose Quartz and Garnet?
Lynnie wrote,
After some dowsing I found it was to help me with this specific emotional problem and nothing else. So I can dowse with it on anything to do with this emotional issue but nothing else. If I ask about anything else, it won’t move. A few weeks later, this led me to thinking if the answers were coming from a difference source than the answers I get when I use my other pendulum. So I asked and the answer was yes.
Some interesting points there.

With regard to your last question, I mainly use the brass 4 ring Isis or the small Karnak pendulum when at home, I have a few others but the BSD Bobber pendulum is the one that gets to live in my pocket!
Sometimes things have to be believed to be seen
Durotrigian
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Durotrigian »

Hi Lynnie,

As you say, an interesting problem.

I don’t speak with any kind of authority so feel free to call me an idiot if you want.
From what I have gathered by reading and talking to dowsers more experienced than I am, the pendulum or rods, simply act as indicators or read-outs of your received messages from a higher source. I believe that some use rods or other tools, or samples of particular materials in the search for the presence of these materials perhaps underground. Copper rods to find copper for instance but I find this idea perplexing.

In my simple-mind, I view my pendulum in the same general way as my car speedometer - it indicates the information I want but does not change that information in any way. I am sure people will soon put me right if they know better!

If I am correct in my belief, it would seem that in your case with your pendulum being focused on only one specific problem, there could be another, more complicated explanation other than simply dowsing at play here. I will be very interested to read what the experts have to say.

Best wishes.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Lynnie,

Very interesting experience. I think you have two questions here - the first, is it possible to be guided to something for an unknown purpose? In your case, that's a clear yes. I'm sure many folk have had similar experiences where they have dreamed or otherwise seen something in vision that has turned up in their life. It's happened to me a few times; I once was guided across the city of Florence following a dream I'd had of a large quartz crystal, which I eventually found in a small shop that I had no idea existed, just by randomly 'following my nose'.
You could argue that a similar experience happened to Philipa Langley in her quest for the remains of Richard III - she says that she just 'felt' that she was being led to the spot in the car park where they found the bones at the first dig.

The second question, do people have different pendulums for different uses? - depends largely on your training and outlook on dowsing. Us Brits are quite pragmatic about dowsing and tend to think that a pendulum is a pendulum. But European dowsers, particularly the French in the field of Radiesthesia, have a whole range of pendulums that are claimed to be use-specific. If you're felling cynical, you might think that this is just a ploy to sell more pendulums. But your particular system of mental programming works like that, then why not? If it works, use it. There's a bit of a discussion about this on another thread called dowsing tools.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hello
DarkChestofWonders wrote:It feels to me that you were guided to this pendulum, have you looked up the properties of Rose Quartz and Garnet?
It didn't surprise me that it was rose quartz as the emotional issue is one of the heart. I had a further situation with this rose pendulum in that it led me to a set of chakra tuning forks and when I used the one for the heart the effect was quite amazing. And yesterday afternoon, I had a further healing session with the heart tuning fork - I am following the direct instructions of this rose pendulum, of what fork to use and where and how etc. Yesterday, the pendulum said to use the tuning fork directly on my body and after much dowsing it was a very precise point on my inner wrist. I have to say, the whole healing session was extremely calming. Anyway, I was slightly curious as to why that point on my wrist and I got on the internet and googled meridian lines only to find that the point on the wrist is where the heart meridian is! I know this isn't exactly the place for spiritual matters but for me dowsing has always been a spiritual practice and I wouldn't have a set of tuning forks and trying to heal this issue if it wasn't for dowsing and more specifically this very special rose pendulum.

Best wishes to all

Lynnie

(mod - fixed quote markup - GG)
Mick

Post by Mick »

Lynnie wrote:I’d been working, unsuccessfully on an emotional energy problem. One morning I awoke and saw in my mind’s eye this beautiful rose quartz pendulum with a garnet stone on the top. The image stayed with me for many minutes and I just thought it may be a bit of spiritual healing so just stayed with it for a while. Over the next week or so, I found it coming into my third eye every so often as if it was not letting me forget it.

Please explain what an emotional energy problem is, and what is your third eye ?

simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Mick- Google is available in Canada? There must be other search engines available to you....
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Mick

Post by Mick »

simonwheeler wrote:Mick- Google is available in Canada? There must be other search engines available to you....
Thanks for your wonderfull tip, but I'm only interested in Lynnie's explanation.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hi

An emotional energy problem is a mental or emotional issue unlike a physical problem like back pain or arthritis for example. Sometimes an emotional or mental issue if it’s not addressed can go onto cause physical difficulties such as severe anxiety causing stomach upset.

The third eye is one of the seven chakras that exists on an energy level within the body. It runs from the Root or base chakra up to the Crown chakra at the top of the head. The third eye, also known as the brow chakra, is located in the middle of the forehead and it is how people are able to visualise. I dowse my chakras every day to get an insight into my physical and emotional well-being.

Hope that helps

Lynnie
Mick

Post by Mick »

Lynnie wrote:Hi

An emotional energy problem is a mental or emotional issue unlike a physical problem like back pain or arthritis for example. Sometimes an emotional or mental issue if it’s not addressed can go onto cause physical difficulties such as severe anxiety causing stomach upset.
I find paracetamol works very well.

Lynnie wrote:The third eye is one of the seven chakras that exists on an energy level within the body. It runs from the Root or base chakra up to the Crown chakra at the top of the head. The third eye, also known as the brow chakra, is located in the middle of the forehead and it is how people are able to visualise. I dowse my chakras every day to get an insight into my physical and emotional well-being.

Hope that helps

Lynnie
:shock:
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Mick- you seem to be trying very hard to get banned from this Forum. Is this so you can prove some point or other to some other sad people?
Your comments in several threads are childish and objectionable. People have been very tolerant and patient with you....showing you the courtesy & respect you fail to show them.
It costs nothing to be civil. If you can't be civil please go and play somewhere else.

Simon
Mick

Post by Mick »

simonwheeler wrote:Mick- you seem to be trying very hard to get banned from this Forum. Is this so you can prove some point or other to some other sad people?
Your comments in several threads are childish and objectionable. People have been very tolerant and patient with you....showing you the courtesy & respect you fail to show them.
It costs nothing to be civil. If you can't be civil please go and play somewhere else.

Do you do anything other than moan ?
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Mick- you can look at 646 of my posts on here. Maybe you'll learn something if you do...not least about what it means to be a dowser; what it means to be a reasonable human being who tries to help others; what it means to show some humility....Go on..have a try. Or will you resort to your usual crass rudeness?

Simon
Mick

Post by Mick »

simonwheeler wrote:Mick- you can look at 646 of my posts on here. Maybe you'll learn something if you do...not least about what it means to be a dowser; what it means to be a reasonable human being who tries to help others; what it means to show some humility....Go on..have a try. Or will you resort to your usual crass rudeness?

There are people here that are in need of serious help, but I don't see you trying to help them in anyway whatsoever.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Moderator Posting - Despite repeated warnings, Mick has chosen to continue his boorish behaviour towards other forum users so his account has been suspended.
Normal service may now be resumed
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.