Earthquake predicting

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Earthquake predicting

Post by simonwheeler »

Nasa scientists have said they could be on the verge of a breakthrough in their efforts to forecast earthquakes.
From here
One study looked at over 100 earthquakes with magnitudes of 5.0 or larger in Taiwan over several decades. The researchers found that almost all of the earthquakes down to a depth of about 35km were preceded by distinct electrical disturbances in the ionosphere.
(should I have posted this topic in the Earth Energies part of this Forum, I wonder?)
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Earthquake predicting

Post by Grahame »

Resurrecting an old thread here as I've just discovered a piece of research (although it's also old) that is interesting from a dowsing perspective.

Geophysicists have found that rocks produce magnetic pulses that can be used to predict earthquakes:
... during the weeks before the Alum Rock earthquake near San Jose, California, geophysicists recorded a series of unusual low-frequency magnetic pulses with amplitudes of up to 30 nanoTesla. (By comparison, the Earth’s magnetic field has an intensity of about 40,000 nanoTesla.) These pulses increased in number until the day of the earthquake on 30 October 2007.
CLICK HERE for the full story.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Thats MOST interesting, I know birds and animals can predict when a QUAKE IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN and will try and move away, perhaps they are better suited to detecting these forces from within the planet and get a warning something is about to happen.Its been reported cats and dogs go missing in any area where a quake is about to happen, like they know trouble is coming, the same as animals know.We have SO much to learn from the animal and bird world, if you can only take time out to study it.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I know of some dowsers who can detect forthcoming earthquakes by measuring changes in the Hartmann grid. As that is widely supposed to be related to the geomagnetic field, this theory makes a lot of sense.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

But that would need a constant dowsing very often to compare changes that are taking place,and where do you dowse,what area.Till we get some form of electronic dowsing a device that could work 24/7 we really could not spend that time looking in just the one area I believe.I imagine the device that records earth movement through M and P waves
Might be adapted to find this low frequency sounds as well,so to approach earthquakes from two different directions.Its a thought Grahame.