marlborough castle font relocation

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

marlborough castle font relocation

Post by ledgehammer »

Hi all, I have recently visited marlborough to dowse the mound. I am still relatively new to dowsing, and to practice I am using sacred sites on wide energy currents to build results and confidence. The mound itself is similar to silbury hill, and is in the college grounds, however has not been used as a sacred site for some time, the normans had a castle on its summit which is no longer there and has been the case for some time. The current bypassed the mound perculiarly, but curves through a chapel in front instead, the theory being that as the significance of the mound becoming lesser, the current redirects through the chapel which has begun to have more contact with people and spirituality. An interesting theory. We went to the next site which was a beautiful chapel on the river kennet, prechute I think, to st George's church. The church had been well restored but the peculiar thing was the font, it was massive, and after engaging with the parson we were told the font came from a castle on top of the mound, and was Norman. This seemed interesting, coincidence ? We would have liked to have found out more but it was Sunday and we felt a degree of respect and moved on. However it reminded me of the Royston ryestone, which had been moved into the current, or possibly, the current moved toward objects of significance? Rocks from east lockinge were transported to form avebury, the energy current flows right through the sarson stone valley, are these stones blessed and do they help to guide the energy? Food for thought...
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: marlborough castle font relocation

Post by mike »

Merlin is strong here, I have been called a number of times to visit when dowsing local crop circles, but never felt worthy enough or good enough to go yet, I feel sure his influence rests here.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

I am told the mound although called merlins mound predates by 1000 years, but cannot confirm.
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mike, sorry came over a little dismissive there, any thoughts you have please share, dowsing also welcomed, this is a society of dowsing lol ! Have been looking into the significance of objects, fonts are a good example. Lostwiethal font in cornwall is another significant object. Which came first the current or the object, was the item blessed, or does it naturally attract energy. Can these objects be tested to see structural or molecular attributes unique to items. Wells, another one, can this water heal, or should I say balance alternative polarity?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I know the mound is called Merlins Mound in the college grounds, but I feel he is buried somewhere on the high rising ground to the south of here a short distance away, with the focal point being the Mound perhaps because of its energies, I havent visited yet so I dont know what forces exist here, but I know he is very strong here for me, I always get this call if I dowse close to Marlborough, like he knows someone is probing about.A huge number of GS/BWLines crossed Marlborough in two directions a while ago, but with help I managed to clear these,perhaps Merlin was bringing this to my notice I dont know, I do really have to visit with the intension of making contact sometime....I know of a Templars Church near Stamford and the M6/M1 where the font is in the precise position of sacred ground within this Church,you could not have placed it in a better place to welcome a new soul and baptize a baby/person there,and that cannnot be by accident.But if you moved the Stone font I know it would NOT be so special, and what makes it unique is the energies of spiral and radial forces that are under the font,these would affect any Holy Water being placed in the font even more, you are as close to God here as you can be in my opinion, with the influence of these forces rising to the heavens for all we know.Perhaps its a two way thing where the forces of the planet rise up to the heavens and share that wonderful energy in a two way exchange, I have never dowsed for this possibility, but its VERY possible....Where in the past Stone circles have existed with sacred powerful forces there, when its happened that the circle has to be moved because of building a new road or houses the stone circle can never retain the previous influence of where it once stood, since the stones then cannot ring to the influence any more, thats my experience anyway Ledgehammer.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mike, thanks for your response, perhaps coincidence maybe, does this energy connect with these markers, over time? Or are the markers placed. It does intrigue me also though that certain stones have been used purposly, and part of me feels that maybe types of energy crossed with these stones perhaps have healing powers or another purpose. A topic for another day I feel...I'm not sure about merlin to be honest, not something I have experienced as of yet, but would be interested in anything you find there Mike, regards Tom
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Sites like the Rollrights are very feminine to me, yet Stonehenge is much more the male influence by contrast,with the Avebury Avenue being shared equal between, in fact the stones there show the female lozenge and the male upright stone each side of the avenue where the different influences share this path, Im sure the stone marked the places and the energies came first, how else could the ancients have called it right each time ? If we assume the stones were laid out first and the energies moved to each place, every ancient site would have to be a miss match of different influences, when they are not.Well thats how I see things Tom, Im open to any other views, but ancient sites seem to me so well laid out however complex they are, and its a world wide condition they all seem to follow, like the same people were involved with them all and the planning of each ?
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mike, I respectfully agree with you in the fact that these energies are natural and are marked with stone markers, and churches built upon previous markers e.t.c, even at somerleyton hall, more recently an avenue of trees planted right in the current. I also believe and have heard of examples of energy shifting, or moving, what is not certain is why they move, but the most likely is to do with us, perhaps based on places of meditation, or other spiritual influence, I.e a new church , but sometimes an energy current will bypass places of worship, it could be as you say these energy currents ( I am speaking of energy currents exclusively) are natural and we just know where they are, or we have had some inflence in their changes, or some other natural objects, such as fonts with significance, or stones made of certain compounds, or stones or other objects changed somehow by people with the knowledge of such things. The font in lostweithal church has an energy node, is this a well placed node or was the church built on a current then something done, either by us or nature to create, or move currents or energy to create the node? Personally I think it reasonable that energy currents move to places or significance, what I don't fully understand is what attracts different currents, Mary currents seem to run through water sites such as wells e.t.c is this me looking deeply into this perhaps?
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

In some instances energy moves, perhaps something nearby unsettled it, its alignment is unsettled perhaps. In the example I used the mound had a castle, the mound similar to silbury hill, which hints that it was a sacred site, so it is suggested the energy current passed through it, nowerdays it does not, it passes close by but goes through a more recently built church in front, the mound has not been used for worship for many years, wheras the church has, the idea that the energy has moved away from the redundant site perhaps, when the Norman castle font on top of the mound was removed and placed in another church on the current it seemed possible that perhaps this could be why the current diverted, if this font had some link with the current, perhaps blessed e.t.c this was a possible theory for the current shifting. Regards Tom
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Tom,
I used to shoot Wood Pigeons every winter at the west end of Fritton Lake close to Somerleyton on Major Cubitts estate for many years, a wonderful old chap who would walk and talk for hours in the coldest of Winters, dressed in neat clothes and tie, with me in dirty jeans and smock.He told me he had a small glass of Whisky at morning and night, and he lived into his late eighties I believe bless him, always wanted to take some flowers when I next go home to visit,as he must rest at Fritton Church ? Dont know of the trees at Somerlayton Tom, I never used to go that way much when I lived at Yarmouth, but its good if the locals understand and wish to mark the Michael/Mary there, I can find the line perhaps next time home and check it out ? Sometimes folk who understand a little of the earth forces will return stone circles and standing stone markers, power to those souls and I would like to see more of that from land owners.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mike, ah somerleyton, lovely area, the somerleyton hall is a national trust property, beautiful, there it is where the first hovercraft was invented. There is also a brilliant hedge labyrinth, used for films such as the secret garden I recall. The current passes through the grounds towards an old church near to the road, between an avenue of trees marks the way, also a statue of hermes the Greek god stands in the center, this current runs to hopton on sea, near lowestoft, runs through beccles, and many of the Saxon churches in north suffolk, south Norfolk, many sites near great yarmouth. Bury is very sacred also, with many Norman markers using serpents to show the flow. Woolpit, I also remember as being most sacred with a well passing through was the Mary current. I find the areas around these energy currents to be beautiful, often with historical references. I have been told in Liverpool one of the major creative areas, has a ley line pass through, whether there is a direct link with creativity or invention and energy currents or ley lines perhaps needs investigation, but many things seem to flourish near these sacred sites. Where do you live now Mike? Me and my partner are moving from the Fens to Surrey, so have lots of new investigating to do! Tom
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Ledgehammer,
We seem to be taking this thread over mate,yes I do find where Ley/energy paths run the folks who live close or over the lines do seem to have special gifts,painting seems the most common in my experience, but houses where good energy lines are ALWAYS happy places..I once rode on my mates motor bike with two double barrelled shotguns one each side of me from Yarmouth to Long Sutton in the Fens, that was a journey, and never got a shot that day :mrgreen: I live in Coventry now with my family close, daughter and two sons , so Im busy painting and gardening all the while, plus baby sitting, no rest for the wicked :lol: You moving should offer up new places to dowse and explore, Surrey has had in the past a good number of genuine crop circles in my humble opinion, so the summer should be exciting looking around there, and I know Hamps/Kent/Susex all offer good hunting ground, you will be busy mate..I hope to be in the Yarmouth area soon for a couple of days, so will check out Somerlayton Hall and Gardens if I get the chance, its close to where Im staying at Bradwell clearing Black Water Lines, I only wish I had done this some years ago,I will Google the Hall tonight to see whats there, so I can check out the best bits first if I visit later.
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Mike, it is a beautiful site, we sat by the statue, which is near the church on the edge of the grounds ( so you don't have to pay!) Let me know , I do have an o.s map with lines locations pencilled on if needed can give you coordinates. Long sutton, I was there yesterday oddly enough, it has the tallest wooden spire in Europe I believe, we tried hunting for priest tunnels which alledgedly run between sacred sites, but this I knew before I could dowse. Yes, surrey has a lot, gives us more opportunity to explore. Uffington complex is nice, incl wayland smithy, which is on the belinus line, excited about that! You are right however and this topic has been taken over so should probably leave it there, happy hunting Mike, will speak soon I guess... Tom (ledgehammer is a now realised unnecessary alius, probably would have accepted my name when I joined)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Tom,
If the BOSS does not cut us off then dont worry mate, even dowsers are allowed ONE WARNING Im told :mrgreen: I hope to visit the Somerlayton Hall when I next drive down, its sounds a wonderful place from what you said,dont know if the misses will let me stay long, she thinks dowsing is for the fairies :lol: Then spends hours round the shops and comes home with nothing, but at least it costs nothing to window shop right...I have often found places like Waylands Smithy to be powerful sites, even with the energy there thousands of years old the place is alive and special still, folks walk around with big smiles and it ALWAYS lifts me to spend time at any ancient site known or unknown.Even when you are alone at these places if you shut your eyes a moment you can hear and feel people around you, somehow the passage of time traps folks who have visited before and you can feel this, or they might be spirits of the site watching over it, but its exciting and a special day when you walk any ancient site...When I dowse on Google these places its the same almost, you can feel and experience this warmth of folk who have passed this way before, like your in a crowd of like minded people who enjoy the place for what it is, almost like meeting old friends !!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Cleared the area around the Mill Lane road and football field of BWLines running north/south, the line was wide and must have caused problems in this Bradwell estate, not to mention Madalene Estate and Gorleston/Hopton, NEVER got to visit Somerlayton,just not enough time for everything this time,but will check it out next time, got my knees brown and the food was good at the Pub On The Prom at Yarmouth, if you are ever that way folks. :lol: