Measuring Earth Energies?

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Brownbear

Measuring Earth Energies?

Post by Brownbear »

Hello
I am new in this forum and hope to find certain answers.I realize that at this time there is no answer to everything.I have Dutch nationality,so please excuse my limitation/mistakes in English language.
My activities in dowsing are mostly experimenting with a pendulum : health conditions,food and drinks,energy conditions in house or outside.I often measure Bovis Values,but this has the disadvantage,that there is no real definition for this.Often it is defined as the quality of energy, but we do not really know,what properties are participating.Additionally there are several types of energy,mostly defined as a capacity of something to perform something.In dowsing I think this means : to radiate and by this transfer certain properties.
I ask myself if certain of these properties in fine-material fields might be found with the help of a pendulum.As the whole universe is composed of energy and vibration,we might partly define different types of energy by measuring certain properties.
Maybe candidates for measuring might be :
Nr of frequency peaks and values in Hz.
Intensities ?? in Watt/surface unit ??
Type of vibration : sine wave or other.
Maybe others.
Some examples for experiments :
-- Places of power in nature.
I find in my backyard several spots with extreme high and low Bovis Units : 32000 BU (4x) and 2000 BU (2x).I measured frequencies and intensities and find certain numbers (extremely high and low) and I don't know how this effects the human body.
When trying to measure the type of radiation with a chart (magn,elect-magn,scalar,other),the pendulum does not react at all.
--Symbols.
I measured 2 different suggested symbols for healing help for diabetes (Sanjeevini-Leathon) and find same nr of frequencies peaks (4) and comparable results for frequencies and intensities with roughly a Gauss partition.

I would be gratefull if somebody could give his opinion or if theyare aware of people with similar experiments.
Regards Jan
BobD
Novice
Novice

Re: Usage of Energy

Post by BobD »

I feel your pain! Besides the work I've done over the past 12 years to discover or rediscover as many different types of Earth Energy as possible and to categorize their effects on humans, their intensity day versus night, their physical shape, etc., I have also recently been working more on which frequencies are associated with each one (from the suggestion of one of my energy remediation clients).

Historic work on these energies focused solely on human health effects among a limited number of the most intensely geopathic. I'm currently working from a list of over 65 distinct types. The frequencies I have been finding are pretty wide ranging, from very low to far above visible light. I intend to work more on this to find if their are multiple frequencies associated with any one energy type and to work at confirming my earlier attempts at measurement. Some of the energies appear to be electro-magnetic while many are not, and without objective tools for measuring other forms of energy we're left with divination alone, which, in my opinion, seems most of the time to be enough.
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Hello all;

Interesting posts, I have done a lot of dowsing in the past, less so now, but for a while I was trying to measure the frequency of various energies that I had found.
I used the Bishops Rule to divine the frequencies.
Mostly I was dowsing serpentine ley lines, and vortexes?

4/2/07 St Michael line at Berry Castle 8.9-10.4 mhz
7/2/07 Mary line at Roche Rock 19-34mhz
Hensbarrow line at Roche Rock 16-19.6mhz
vortex at Roche Rock 12-16ghz
17/2/07 Vortex at King Arthurs Hall 14-59ghz
7/4/07 vortex at Helman Tor 19-42ghz

If I remember rightly, I was under the impression that the serpentine earth energies would constantly fluctuate mostly in the mhz range, and vortexes, and blind springs would fluctuate in the ghz range.
Sometimes I would think the energy was beneficial, but then I could go back to the same site on another day and find the energy harmful?

If you're interested in pendulum dowsing check out the book; A Step In The Dark by T.C Lethbridge.
In the book he comes up with a rate system to divine for certain objects, he sets the length of the pendulum string according to the size or rate of the energy field of the object he is dowsing for.
He seemed to think everything had a rate of between 0 and 40 inches, it is an interesting book because he came up with his own system without any influence from other dowsing techniques.

ocd
stay on the path, beware of the moon
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

You may like to look through some of these posts: where Lethbridge is mentioned on this Forum
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

I doubt that I've come up with this technique on my own, but when I divine to check for frequencies I use a physical dowsing technique. I have a logarithmic chart of frequency ranges spread out before me running left to right with increasing frequency ranges. I simply use the same tiny Y-rod that comes in so handy for map dowsing, scanning over the sheet while concentrating on the energy type/formation in question. That gets me into the ball-park. Then I use stated ranges as a query to narrow the frequency down ("is the frequency greater than 10 GHz? Is it less than 20 GHz? Is it between 15 and 16?", etc.). This works well for me and is quite speedy. Sort of a left-over from my days of trying to find water depths when checking wells.
"Develop an infallible technique, then place yourself at the mercy of inspiration." (from a craftsman, but it applies widely)
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

That's good Bob, you've got to do what works for you, following your intuition is what it's about.
Do you do anything with the information that you find, are certain frequencies more conducive with healing or harm?
Has working out the frequencies been of benefit to your dowsing outcome?

I was working out the speed of the wavelength for a while, I was also finding places that were absorption points or transmission points of energy, and these seemed to give off frequencies in the ghz range. Where as most of the serpentine leys that I was dowsing were giving off frequencies in the mhz range.
The absorption and transmission points were often located around the serpentine leys.
I started to get a little confused with it all, and I also found that the frequencies of what I was dowsing seemed to fluctuate constantly and that seemed impossible to me to track or try to understand?
Maybe you can throw some light on the matter of divining frequencies?

thanks ocd
Brownbear

Post by Brownbear »

Hello
Thanks for all your input.I have read with much interest,had to digest while new questions have come up.Maybe there are some answers.
Are you familiar with Bovis Units (BU) ? These are supposed to indicate quality of radiating energy and sometimes they are called level of life-energy. Below 7000/8000 BU removing energy,above elevating human energy.As I have written before,I don't know what vibration-properties are participating to it.Do you have any idea ? My measurements with pendulum and chart seem consistent in different areas.
The nomination "life-energy"gives the impression that it relates only to living beings : human,animals,plants. but in dowsing it shows also a number for other things,like a spot on the floor in house or a spot in my backyard.Could an energy-form be considered as living ?
Interesting is also that I can separate pictures from Orbs/lightballs in real and non-real by measuring BU and % vitality.Some results show 0 for BU and vitality,others give eg 13000 and 80%.
Intensity : this must be important,as it contributes to the level of possible effects.My way of measuring this, is to dowse a physical unit eg Watt/m square.This looks realistic for EM radiation,for possible other forms of energy I have no idea.
I read about the Baron Gustav von Pohl scale (-16/+16),which is new for me.Does this mean 0 is neutral,below nefaste,above beneficial ? Is the number 16 an arbitrary choice ? This looks to me as undefined as BU measurements.
Frequency : My method of measuring is very simple.First I measure the exponent of 10 (E),then the amount of it (N),resulting in Nx10 exp E. In my backyard I find very high values : 4 high BU spots at 3.5x10 exp 24 Hz the 2 low spots at 2x10 exp 16 Hz.Could this be related to cosmic energy ? Does this look realistic to you and is it not too simple ti find only 1 frequency on a spot ?
Jan
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Brownbear wrote:Are you familiar with Bovis Units (BU) ?
Hi Jan,

Bovis Units (link broken)
are a French invention and are more commonly used in Europe than in the UK. The problem with these (and indeed, any scale) is that results tend to be subjective to the dowser and so the system is not universally applicable. It's the same with dowsing in Hertz, or von Pohl scale - you are basically applying an arbitrary scale and dowsing that scale may be valid and consistent for you, but the next dowser to come along will in all probability get a completely different result.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Hello Graham;

I like your explanation or viewpoint on dowsing frequencies or scales as being relative to the dowser.
Is dowsing for a measurable frequency for earth energy or geopathic stress a bit of a fruitless task for a dowser?
Is it common for water diviners to get varying answers when dowsing for depth and rate of water flow, and quality of the water too, if they are dowsing using a scale of some sort?

Thanks ocd
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

It's not a fruitless task to be dowsing in some sort of scale, but it's rare for different dowsers working independently to get the same results. That doesn't make it worthless - you are still getting scale values that are relevant to you, but they are highly subjective.

If you are working together or in a group, there is a process of 'calibration' that subconsciously (or consciously) takes place whereby your dowsing scales become more attuned to each other.

Water dowsers again tend to have their own systems for depthing and assessing water quality - some use pendulum counts while other may prefer 'Bishop's Rule' and so forth. Some are thrown off by clay strata and have to add a percentage to their estimates of depth, others are not affected by clay. Again, all their results are highly subjective and only experience will teach them what figures and scales work best for them.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
BobD
Novice
Novice

Post by BobD »

What may start out as a "subjective" measuring process (at least in that it involves a subject doing the measuring, not an object) can swiftly become quite "objective" when it gets confirmed by another "yardstick". In the case of water dowsing this is, of course, the well-driller's drill-bit. In the case of energy dowsing we may find that some electromagnetic measuring device (EMF meter, radio, spectrum analyzer, etc.) confirms our initial findings. That's what I'm working toward. I haven't used frequency to assess earth energies when in the field as the process seems pretty cumbersome compared to what I normally do.

Regarding other scales/systems, I use the von Pohl scale, modified for both positive and negative values, to get an admittedly somewhat arbitrary fix on what I'm dealing with. I use it because it's a way of communicating with other dowsers who came into the process having read von Pohl's research on cancer clusters and the values he found that were likely to cause problems. Comparing those with other geopathic energies at least gives me a work sequence when I'm diverting/dissipating energies at a home. But I've had to move beyond it to get more specific as to which energy "layers" are affected in a human or other animals. A specific, quantified effect on the "physical" layer is more harmful than one on the "etheric", and that's in turn more harmful than one on the "astral" (unless you're O.K. with really nightmarish dreams!), etc.
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Thanks Grahame and Bob,

I suppose what I was looking for was whether or not it is worth pursuing some form of frequency or energy scale to differentiate between harmful and non-harmful energies.
I focussed on divining frequencies of earth energies a few years ago in the hope of finding a way of organising or defining them, but I found that their frequencies seemed to change almost constantly for me while I was dowsing them.
This seemed to make the task impossible for me to understand or get a handle on, and it mostly just added another aspect to dowse for, which was interesting but not particularly fruitful for me.
I've never used the Von Pohl scale though, so I might do a little reading on the subject and go back to some frequency dowsing, especially as I now know it can work for some people.

Thanks ocd
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

ocd: form of frequency or energy scale to differentiate between harmful and non-harmful energies.
Maybe the "problem" with trying to do this, is that some different frequencies may be harmful/non-harmful to different living organisms at different times and in different places? That is, too many variables to be able to always have a definitive answer. Maybe it just needs a simpler dowsing approach each time- eg. a yes/no question about the specific and particular circumstance and context at the time & place of dowsing; followed up thereafter with yes/no questions, if required, asking for historical responses ("was it/will it always like this in this place?"....etc.)
Add to this that we, as human beings, have different and varying frequencies, and the problem becomes greater? Staying "tuned" is not necessarily as straightforward as we'd like it to be...

Simon
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Thanks Simon,

I know what you're saying, and I kind of agree with you about there being in effect too many variables to take into consideration to obtain a definitive answer or scale of frequency for harmful/non-harmful energy.
But what I can find I have a problem with is divining yes/no answers, I can get a response and an answer, but if I'm truthful I think sometimes that answer is tainted by my own preference or desires?
I would much prefer to dowse a scale to obtain an answer, rather than a black and white yes/no scenario.
With respect, do you think you can dowse yes/no answers with accuracy yourself?
Or do you consider preference may taint your answer sometimes?

ocd
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

I would much prefer to dowse a scale to obtain an answer, rather than a black and white yes/no scenario.
With respect, do you think you can dowse yes/no answers with accuracy yourself?
Or do you consider preference may taint your answer sometimes?
Might a scale not also be "black and white"? Indeed, maybe more so...And a preference can also be an influence on a scale, surely?
It is not easy to always ask yes/no with a "Don't know/don't care" attitude toward the answer- but that is what I try to do. And as a back-up it is useful to have another dowser doing the same- but only comparing answers at an appropriate time.
And preference may taint my answer...but by being aware of this I am not going to (I hope!) be necessarily as completely accepting of an answer as I might be if I stuck to the possible rigidity of a pre-determined scale.
Nevertheless, I might use a form of scale ("Is it between "x" and "y" in the here and now") when asking yes/no...
:twisted: :roll: :shock: :lol:

Simon