Thringstone Fault - Leicestershire

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Thringstone Fault - Leicestershire

Post by Merlin »

A quick search on the interweb tells you that this geological fault starts at Bardon Hill (highest point in Leicestershire and site of a big quarry), goes through Whitwick before Thringstone where it gets it's name from. At the northern end of the village are the ruins of Grace Dieu Priory. As well as ruins this site has a standing stone (Menhir) across the Grace Dieu brook to the west of the priory.

I've dowsed the Menhir and it seems to have two energy lines running through it. I don't have any experience of dowsing geological faults so would appreciate any advice/help.

A map based on information from the British Geological Survey shows the fault running in a south to north direction. there is a smaller fault a few miles to the north west (Breedon Fault).

However a website for the village of Ticknall in Derbyshire claims the Thringstone fault runs through the village, I believe this is incorrect.

My assumption is the fault lies under the Grace Dieu Priory site, possibly the Menhir is a marker. The fault crosses the A512 Ashby Road near to where there is a bus stop. The fault then continues in a northerly direction to the village of Osgathorpe and to the north of this location it crosses Breedon Lane. I then believe it crosses the A42 to the east of the village of Tonge and possibly through Langley Priory which is just to the south of East Midlands Airport.

I only dowsed in the immediate vicinity of the Menhir and the energy lines seem to cross NW and NE certainly not in the same direction of my assumption.

So what I'm looking for is evidence that the fault runs through Grace Dieu Priory via Breedon Lane to Langley Priory. If it isn't a fault then is it an energy line?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Thringstone Fault - Leicestershire

Post by mike »

Hi Merlin, had a quick look at this and in my opinion two fault lines cross at Thringstone, both running north/south but the one a little off true north. Grace Dieu Priory does not seem to be involved with either fault lines when I dowsed the lines out on Goggle Earth tonight....The Bardon Hill fault line for me runs Whitewick and Thringstone and then does cross Ticknall further to the north....The other fault line runs from Ellistown to Hugglescote and Coalville and Thringstone and Osgathorpey and Isley Walton going north, like you said it comes close to Tonge on its east side. Im sure you are looking at fault lines and not energy lines here, but its map dowsing as I have not visited on the ground Merlin to double check.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlin »

Thanks, Mike, apparently Langley Priory was built from ruined material from the Castle at Castle Donington, which was meant to be haunted. Also, there is a lane heading north out of Osgathorpe called Breedon Lane, it has quite a reputation, several agricultural salesmen visiting a certain farm along that road have been scared witless by an entity, some have refused to go back!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

THANKS Merlin thats worth a look on Google Earth, Im not into ghosts and things but if its energy of sorts it could be traced perhaps. And interesting this has happened a few times, like the vision appears often and is grounded to the farm area, were any details ever reported, a Monk perhaps, in the past I have been challenged by an Earth Spirit force at a Sacred Site when I was dowsing a crop circle near Highclere Castle, that was not very nice, and I can assure you I protect before dowsing now.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Thanks, Mike, apparently Langley Priory was built from ruined material from the Castle at Castle Donington, which was meant to be haunted. Also, there is a lane heading north out of Osgathorpe called Breedon Lane, it has quite a reputation, several agricultural salesmen visiting a certain farm along that road have been scared witless by an entity, some have refused to go back!
http://michaelandmaryline.blogspot.com/ (link broken)

Merlin

Just had a dowse about Merlin and the farm at the end of the lane on the south side of the Breedon Lane is interesting, very close to where Top Brand runs.I dowse no evil but its had in its past Black Water lines running through the farm, they cannot harm/influence now, but when they were active and strong I imagine could have allowed past historic things to repeat, actions of the past to appear/form long enough to scare townies not used to country things. These forces like Ley Lines carry a scene from the past that was observed at the time, a hanging or a robbery, a rider on horse going fast that struck fear in the heart of those who saw this unfold.The imagine is repeated, ghost dogs hunting game, someone running for their life, a murder perhaps or violence seen through a childs eyes.

Old buildings often carry the history of the past within them,and Ancient Sites sometimes have past scenes of Roman troops walking past, or Monks at old buildings long gone....Its said people who have transplants sometimes adopt the likes and dislikes of the organ donor, and do things they have never done before the transplant.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Dont often use the Internet but I looked up the Grace Dieu Priory/Breedon On The Hill and it has a long history of hauntings Merlin, not that I dowsed much when I checked it out before, might be worth a double take to see if I have missed anything.

Yes I did miss some interesting things, the Grace Dieu Priory HAS two Ley Lines passing through its buildings one a south/east and north/west line giving the Priory an anti clockwise influence at its centre which could influence sightings at times of high energy.And at Breedon On The Hill to the west are Ley Lines north to south and east to west with the influence of meteorites in the ground which would increase all forces crossing there, a special place no doubt here. Only looked for the fault line first time around, sorry.
Merlin
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Merlin »

The Blackwater lines sound interesting, although I must admit it is something I do not really know much about. As to Breedon Lane, as far as I can tell there isn't much there entity wise, nothing that would have said there was activity in the past at least.