Quartz Damp Proof Course?

Discussions relating to earth energy dowsing in general.
ocd
Novice
Novice

Quartz Damp Proof Course?

Post by ocd »

Hi All

I've been reading about compressing Quartz crystals in a clamp to create an energy line. Apparently this creates a barrier that cannot be crossed by black spirit lines, and four compressed crystals placed on the corners of your bed will create a box free from certain types of stress.

Have a look at http://ley-man.co.uk/Graveyard%2520Spirits.html (link broken)

Earlier in the year I visited Slaughterbridge, supposedly the site of the last stand of king Arthur, and scene of a later Saxon and Cornish battle.
They have some later medievil houses partly excavated, these they found had a layer of quartz buried below the first course of stone. Supposedly used as a damp course layer.
Did the quartz also create a barrier against black spirit lines aswell? Have we lost much knowledge on our meteoric rise to technological superiority?

ocd
stay on the path, beware of the moon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Quartz crystals are piezo-electric (emit en electric potential when put under mechanical stress). I think you would need to use a double terminated quartz point for the creation of such an energy line as you mention.

In my experience, quartz crystals can also be programmed by intent to make similar barriers. In crystal healing, points are used to surround a person with similar energy, and it can also criss cross the person's energy field if required.

I have also used, to great effect, small double terminated points ('Herkimer diamonds') to diffuse negative energy away from a given location on a body outwards to a place in the universe where it will do no harm, which promotes almost instant healing.
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Helen

Thanks for the reply, using quartz and healing ect isn't a subject I'm knowledgeble about. Even though my mum's a healer and I live in clay country in Cornwall where you can't go out of the door without tripping over quartz.

From your post it seems that intention is the important factor when using quartz. T.C Lethbridge seems to have been of the opinion that energy and intention could be either left or transmitted into virtually any item or place. Would quartz be a more preferable medium than say slate or flint or even maybe oak? If so why? Is quartz something you feel a connection to so find it easy to use?

Neolithic peoples seemed to have a reverence? for quartz, it has been found underneath Menhirs, and has been used as Menhirs too.

I'm interested in your thoughts as I've had a bizarre couple of days with dark and light spirits and quartz has come into play with my dowsing.

thanks

ocd
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

ocd wrote: Would quartz be a more preferable medium than say slate or flint or even maybe oak? If so why? Is quartz something you feel a connection to so find it easy to use?
Yes, I do seem to have some kind of affinity with quartz crystals, I don't know why. With intent + heat, healing outcomes can be programmed into quartz, for transmission to another person/place/situation. Quartz has a much higher 'vibration' rate than denser minerals such as flint or slate. I have never heard of wood being used as a healing vehicle, although I must admit it has a personality of its own! I think perhaps trees must be alive & growing to accomplish their healing magic. (But that's another story!)

Crystals are natural conductors of electromagnetic energy – a regular, even flow of energy moves freely through the crystal’s structure. The energy can be released by stimulating it in various ways: by body heat, direct sunlight, contact with other crystals, or programmed mind thoughts. The energy emitted could be compared to the vibrations produced by a group of people with a unanimous thought, the difference being that the crystal energy is uniformly constant.

When the energies of crystals are added to our own, a newly combined vibrational force is created; this interaction can best be compared to the 'rippling' action of throwing two stones into a still pond at the same time. When the stones break the water’s surface, two separate series of waves are produced, but blending takes place as each ring spreads out & begins to intermingle with the other.

If you see what I mean! :) This is the way that healing intent can influence human (and other) vibratory energies. Hope this helps!
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Helen-Healing wrote:
ocd wrote: Would quartz be a more preferable medium than say slate or flint or even maybe oak? If so why? Is quartz something you feel a connection to so find it easy to use?
Yes, I do seem to have some kind of affinity with quartz crystals, I don't know why. With intent + heat, healing outcomes can be programmed into quartz, for transmission to another person/place/situation. Quartz has a much higher 'vibration' rate than denser minerals such as flint or slate. I have never heard of wood being used as a healing vehicle, although I must admit it has a personality of its own! I think perhaps trees must be alive & growing to accomplish their healing magic. (But that's another story!)

Crystals are natural conductors of electromagnetic energy – a regular, even flow of energy moves freely through the crystal’s structure. The energy can be released by stimulating it in various ways: by body heat, direct sunlight, contact with other crystals, or programmed mind thoughts. The energy emitted could be compared to the vibrations produced by a group of people with a unanimous thought, the difference being that the crystal energy is uniformly constant.

When the energies of crystals are added to our own, a newly combined vibrational force is created; this interaction can best be compared to the 'rippling' action of throwing two stones into a still pond at the same time. When the stones break the water’s surface, two separate series of waves are produced, but blending takes place as each ring spreads out & begins to intermingle with the other.

If you see what I mean! :) This is the way that healing intent can influence human (and other) vibratory energies. Hope this helps!
Dowsing has indicated that about 33% of the stones in the Stanton Drew Circles are of quartz. Those stones, as is well known, can conduct and transmit electromagnetic frequencies, yet the stones, both in the Avebury Circles and Rollright Circles contain about 4% quartz, those in the Avenue there have again a 33% quartz content. Did the erectors and users of those '33%' stones know precisely the qualities of the materials they were using ?

OCD's quartz, of course, comes from the decomposed granite in the china claypit area and I don't know how that kind of quartz can be compared with crystalline quartz...I don't think it's quite the same substance, chemically. Perhaps someone can help here ?

Geoff
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Quartz has a much higher 'vibration' rate than denser minerals such as flint or slate. I have never heard of wood being used as a healing vehicle, although I must admit it has a personality of its own! I think perhaps trees must be alive & growing to accomplish their healing magic. (But that's another story!)

Hi Helen

Thanks for you reply, it's interesting what you say.

I have usd oak to cancel out geopathic stress created or influenced by a water vein in the past. A 1 inch round pot of oak seemed to create a free zone with no stress inside of about 3 feet in diameter. A 9 inch lump of Oak cleared the whole line running through the house of stress.
This was why I asked if you've used other substances for healing purposes.

ocd
ocd
Novice
Novice

Post by ocd »

Geoff

Yep the quartz in my area is mostly white, although some is clear and crystaline. I was under the impression that various colours within the quartz was due to differing mineral contents.
I don't know the mineral differences between clear and white quartz, I do know the white quartz runs in lodes no wider than 18 inches. These lodes were what the tin miners were looking for as the tin is contained in the lodes too, running through them as black lines.

ocd
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

ocd wrote:Geoff

Yep the quartz in my area is mostly white, although some is clear and crystaline. I was under the impression that various colours within the quartz was due to differing mineral contents.

I don't know the mineral differences between clear and white quartz, I do know the white quartz runs in lodes no wider than 18 inches. These lodes were what the tin miners were looking for as the tin is contained in the lodes too, running through them as black lines.

ocd
Yes, thanks, ocd. Ummmm, I do know about tin mining. Dowsing, I find that the quartz in which tin (or gold for that matter) is found is not good at conducting electromagnetic energy neither is the quartz found in the decomposed granite in the St. Austell, Bodmin Moor, Lee Moor and Newton Abbot areas.

As 'inactive' larger crystals of quartz can be energised by leaving them in sunshine, I wonder whether the quartz lodes in the aureoles of the granite areas have little conductivity because they have never been expose to sunlight. Perhaps you might like to try dowsing some of the 'clay' quartz for energy, and if there is no response then leave it in the sun for some hours and then dowse it again to see if it has picked up any energy, but do keep the mica out of it if possible because that will reflect sunlight.

It is my understanding that clear quartz is pretty good as a healing medium and I wonder if Helen has to re-energise her crystals from time to time and, if so, does she know how/why do they leak energy?

Dowsing again, I get that the Conductivity of Intent of quartz is not dependent on its size, colour or clarity but on the amount of time it has spent in sunlight..........Well !

Geoff

Edited by I.P. - removed dreadful use of colour!
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:It is my understanding that clear quartz is pretty good as a healing medium and I wonder if Helen has to re-energise her crystals from time to time and, if so, does she know how/why do they leak energy?

Dowsing again, I get that the Conductivity of Intent of quartz is not dependent on its size, colour or clarity but on the amount of time it has spent in sunlight..........Well !
I do re-energise my crystals from time to time. I bring them out & leave them in sunshine (when there is sun!!) I also do this after using them to heal, after first running them under water. However, some stones with feminine/yin energy quite appreciate moonshine! :) I leave those out on a clear full moon night.

If you were left in a dark place & taken no notice of for a while - you would have an energy leak too!! :lol:

Conductivity of Intent...depends on amount of sunshine? I was unaware of that. I would have thought it was more the amount of respect & 'love' you have for your crystal, and how you interact with it.

All IMO, of course, and from my experience of working with crystals!
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Read Jeffrey's book

Post by Ian Pegler »

Geoff Stuttaford wrote:Dowsing again, I get that the Conductivity of Intent of quartz is not dependent on its size, colour or clarity but on the amount of time it has spent in sunlight..........Well !

Geoff
According to Jeffrey Keen's Consciousness Intent and the Structure of the Universe, p221, Type 1 fields (auras of crystals etc.) rely on photons, i.e. light. If left in the dark they decay to nothing over the course of a few days.

Interesting phrase, "Conductivity of Intent".

Some time ago our local group had a talk from a New Age crystals "expert" who said precisely the opposite, just because they might lose a bit of colour and aesthetic appeal when left in sunlight over time - ptach! My bet is with Jeff Keen.

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

If left in the dark they decay to nothing over the course of a few days.
This, of course, brings to light (pardon the pun) the question that if these crystals lay in darkness for possibly millions of years before 'we' found them - what activated their auras in the first place, and how was intent activated in them In The Beginning?
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Type one fields

Post by Ian Pegler »

Helen-Healing wrote:
This, of course, brings to light (pardon the pun) the question that if these crystals lay in darkness for possibly millions of years before 'we' found them - what activated their auras in the first place, and how was intent activated in them In The Beginning?
My understanding of Keen is that if you take the crystal out of the dark and expose it to the light (photons) then the Type One field (aura) will charge up again.

Intent??? Beginning???? You've lost me.

Ian
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Helen-Healing wrote:
I read, somewhere. that in Ireland, quartz is known as 'the Stone of the Sun'. Perhaps the Irish know more about quartz than the English.

If the useful properties of quartz are controlled by the sun (as they seem to be) then any quartz used as foundation material (in the dark) would, presumably, have no power to do anything in the way of protecting the premises. What ocd mentioned could be purely use of available material.

As I understand it, quartz is formed by fire in the form of molten rock (igneous) so, presumably, its aura was form at that time. Who is to say that ancient peoples were not aware of its conductive properties and used them accordingly, particularly in the construction of stone circles and monoliths ?

Geoff
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

It is interesting to note that no one has mentioned about the crystal sets that were used in the 20`s and 30`s . Sets can still be obtained or parts to make up a set (just type in crystal sets) and see how these worked.
The crystal known as Galena was housed in a small recepticle or plastic case in the dark and worked like that in many instances without the need for light. The other requirement to hear a broadcasting station was a small coil of wire known as a cats whisker and a pair of head phones.
Arthur
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

arthur hamlin wrote:It is interesting to note that no one has mentioned about the crystal sets that were used in the 20`s and 30`s . Sets can still be obtained or parts to make up a set (just type in crystal sets) and see how these worked.
The crystal known as Galena was housed in a small recepticle or plastic case in the dark and worked like that in many instances without the need for light. The other requirement to hear a broadcasting station was a small coil of wire known as a cats whisker and a pair of head phones.
Arthur
Interesting point, Arthur, but the only problem is that galena is another name for lead suphide not quartz and, in spite of being crystalline, does not respond to light.