Dowsing for Mastodons

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Dowsing for Mastodons

Post by mike »

No I never won the big prize, but I have two lines with £2.70 to collect, trouble is it cost me £25 to win those, still it would be nice to put all the winnings in the bank and just spend the interest each week, think of all them coins pulling your pants off when you try and walk about. :mrgreen: And down our local shop if you have any money larger than a ten pound note, they ask you to come back next day for the change :lol: MUCH sooner see hundreds of small wins rather than just the single big one, spread the fun/money around thats me. 8)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Should be getting some reports back soon about how good we were looking for those Mastodons, as the ground now has to be frozen again after the short summer, its freezing here in the UK already, so Canada will be having early snow around this time, not a place where I would be happy Im thinking :shock:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

SURE we should be hearing something soon, EVEN if its bad news and nothings there, without going into detail, got my wrist smacked already for that :oops: but I thought it very worth while to have a dowse like that, but being so far away you just have to wait to see how things went...I would welcome any future dowses of bones or what ever, its the only way to fine tune your dowsing and learn from each experience, if your close/warm, or just plain cold, only way is to have a crack and see where it leads, Im in suspenders waiting :lol:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The wait is killing me, of cause they could be knee deep in Mastodons bones right now, and unable to reach the computer... :mrgreen: I love something like this where you can map/Google dowse a site and look for stuff, we should hold more dowse ins, its not about scoring points but having fun, AND fine tuning your skills more. 8)
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Been reported a family found many huge Mastodon bones behind their home in Iowa USA last year, now the local University is helping dig the site to try and find a complete animal...Still no news from our Canada dig site, so perhaps we never hit pay dirt/bones with our dowsing there. :mrgreen: BACK to the drawing board, the dogs wont eat tonite. :lol:
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

mike wrote:.Still no news from our Canada dig site
Ah... I can provide a bit of an update there Mike - the dig is hampered by lack of funds at the moment as they need to rent a JCB excavator to do the digging and they haven't raised enough money yet.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Thanks Grahame, thought we had all missed the mark or something,we should invite other digs to probe about/ to show our dowsing skill,, OR lack of it. :mrgreen: Love the idea of looking for stuff,gets the blood moving in this cold wet summer weather we are having. :lol: