Natural Springs in the UK

for matters relating to dowsing for water supplies including wells, boreholes, heat pumps and other services.
Daniel1*

Natural Springs in the UK

Post by Daniel1* »

hi everybody.

I wondered weather anyone here might be able to give me some ideas on how to start finding natural springs within my local area (Merseyside England) and the rest of the UK.A definitive database would be fantastic if such a thing exists! If not prehaps we could start one!
I am specificly looking for natural springs in my area that provide water that is fit for drinking. Even better would be healing waters!

Can anyone give me some ideas on how to begin finding these natural springs??

Thanks all
Daniel1*

Re: Natural Springs in the UK

Post by Daniel1* »

Oh I should add that Im particularly interested in finding springs where the water has risin to the earths surface rather than underground springs.
Old Bob

Post by Old Bob »

Daniel1* wrote:Oh I should add that Im particularly interested in finding springs where the water has risin to the earths surface rather than underground springs.
Try looking near a major church as they are often on a ley line which leads to blind springs that fan out from a line, sometimes going some hundred yards in all directions. As I understand blind springs are new water. We tapped one in our yard, beautiful clean water and unfected by drought. We bored it by hand ("O my aching shoulders") Dowsed the depth at about 40 ft and got down 45ft it holds a hose pipe constant.
Guy Hudson

Post by Guy Hudson »

OS maps, blown up, map dowse, should be public land at first or with permission from land owner.
Lots if interesting ways to capture and store water. Is thsi a general thing - or do you have a need?
(Thirsty animals, perhaps?)
Guy
Doug Bates

Post by Doug Bates »

Actually nearly all known springs are mapped on Ordnance Survey sheets, at 1:10,000 and 1:25,000 scales.
Follow the blue lines of tributary streams to the upper origins and those that arise from an identifiable spring are marked with a capital 'S' ... Those that flow from land drainage systems or pipes diverting spring flows to an artificial outlet are labelled 'Issues'...