unusual rising damp remedies and ghost rivers ?

for matters relating to dowsing for water supplies including wells, boreholes, heat pumps and other services.
susy

unusual rising damp remedies and ghost rivers ?

Post by susy »

Hello All,

I'm not a practising dowser but a long term interested bystander - and now forum novice !

I have some house/ place related questions, the first is probably a bit mundane as it's about a possible rising damp remedy/product I've stumbled on called "Mur Tronic", from France, and according to their website credentials widely used there in historic buildings [but seems virtually unknown here]. It's based on the principle that some kind of electrical charge causes the capillary action of damp rising up house walls from the ground. I'm hazy on the science bit but they install some kind of box in your house connected up to the mains power supply. This emits something which reverses the polarity of the EMFs [um, what EMFs ?] and thereby drives the damp back down into the ground.

Apart from whether it works or not, what might be the health or other effects of doing this ?

And re persistent rising damp I see another post about the ghosts of the rivers of London. Always wondered if problems here may emanate partly from a canal for London's water supply [the New River] which was here for 250 years before this row of Victorian terraces was built - if not actually over the old "river" bed then very close - impossible to tell exactly from the old maps. Anyway I often think I should be doing something [what ?] about the old "river bed" ?!

Third question, does any one have any suggestions about what local disturbances might have arisen after a years' worth of
really heavy demolition and then reconstruction of several blocks of flats, starting 10 metres away. Or remedies ?

Any comments gratefully received, thank you !
Richard

Re: unusual rising damp remedies and ghost rivers ?

Post by Richard »

Hi Susy,

I'm new on this forum as well. I have lived in North London all my life and know the problems of rising damp in the older buildings. I'm a keen DIYer and electronics engineer so have got some opinions on this box, but I'm not sure whether to reply to your questions here as my answers would be completely off topic in a dowsing forum. (moderator?) If you want to send me a pm I'd be happy to share my thoughts.

Richard
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Richard wrote:my answers would be completely off topic in a dowsing forum
Well, I don't know... there might be some interesting dowsing effects from the device, either detrimental or beneficial. Either way, it might be interesting to hear a bit more about the principles behind it. Don't worry, if it gets too off-topic, we'll soon let you know! :lol:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Mist will sometimes follow long gone rivers/canals that have been filled in or moved, its like they/mist remembers where the path of water was and will continue to form the mist along that position....Same as the ghost stories of old will have visions of figures walking along roads that may now stand at a different height, so the figures may be only half seen, or be above where the road now runs A5/A1 old Roman roads being often the case in question.Old houses will sometimes have figures disappear into the wall, WHERE once a door was, its like spirits of earth and nature remain in the time when they were first active ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Im sure water has some form of memory, so in the past when a river or pond was there the water will continue to gather in that position along with mist and I know frogs with sometimes gather at old pond sites from the past, even if its now a new housing estate there.