Community in shock as Holy Thorn in Glastonbury desecrated

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

from thisissommerset...

The crown of the iconic Holy Thorn tree on Wearyall Hill has been lopped off and dumped – leaving just a 6ft stump protected by an iron cage.

However, it appears attempts were made to remove the cage, implying the vandals wanted the entire tree.
CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Community in shock as Holy Thorn in Glastonbury desecrat

Post by Helen-Healing »

The tree was originally planted during the Festival of Britain in 1951 at the site of a stone slab. However, the tree died and a replacement was planted a year later.

Legend has it that Joseph of Arimathea visited the Somerset levels and stuck his staff into the ground of Wearyall Hill, causing the Holy Thorn to take root.

It has survived throughout the centuries, despite being cut down by Cromwell’s Roundheads during the Civil War.
So no - it has not survived throughout the centuries! And thugs have cut it down before! I expect the answer is to plant a new one...again? Shocking thing to happen though.
I suspect that Glastonbury police have little to do (which is good!) when they can can start a 'thorough investigation'. In my area, if your house is broken into & goods stolen, you get a crime number & never hear about it again, least of all a thorough investigation :roll:
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Sad but interesting to note that various thorn trees have been planted here in the past.
My dowsing is saying that 9 thorn trees have been planted there including the one planted by Joseph of Arimathea.
I am still getting that the first thorn tree which he planted was a tree trunk measuring approx 6 feet long with a diameter of 12" inches across. This had been brought from the holy land and wrapped in cloth and kept damp for the journey.
When making landfall at Abbotsbury on the coast in Dorset this tree trunk was placed on a small two wheeled wagon and pulled I believe by an Ass.
From Abbotsbury to Glastonbury is approx 50 miles only as the crow flies - already a known route proving better than the hazardous journey by sea around lands end and up the western coast.
I also get that food and water for much of this route was accepted in exchange for Healing work which Jesus carried out on the sick and needy even as young as he was at the time.
Does anyone else have dowsing information/theories here.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Have to confess I only know of Glastonbury from what I have read, and I have never visited,and to be honest I dont even know where Wearyall Hill is, but I Googled the area just now and here is what I found dowsing Arthur........The area of the Abbey, and the west side of the Tor and the pond/lake area to its west all are on sacred ground very old, with the Holy Thorn Tree below the A361 also sitting on a sacred site very old, and this area has had at least 8 other trees planted there in the past.This large tree is not the same one as the one pictured cut down, so I imagine another is been put there or its a complete different place ? On Google the best most sacred site for the tree in my opinion would be where the Holy Thorn Tree site is, this rings of history and while its windswept and empty, its a place close to God....Come back later to work through the area again, in a rush now,but Glastonbury is yet another place I have to visit before my toes curl up,interesting around the Tor and Abbey the sacred ground is almost a triangle, with the Thorn Tree site to its west,like a rod holding the triangle of power.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

(Arthur) My dowsing is saying that 9 thorn trees have been planted there including the one planted by Joseph of Arimathea.

(Geoff) Confirmed, but I get that the original tree planted on Wearyall Hill came from a scion of a tree that grew in what are now the Abbey grounds.

(A) I also get that food and water for much of this route was accepted in exchange for Healing work which Jesus carried out on the sick and needy even as young as he was at the time.

(G) Cannot confirm the route, Arthur, but can confirm the healing work that Jesus did on the three occasions that he visited this country.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Thanks Mike and Geoff.
One day I feel it would be interesting to trace the energy lines from that holy visit from Abbotsbury to Glastonbury to see if anything more can be gleaned from that experience.
I realise that someone else will say that landfall was made somewhere else and perhaps not at all by others.
But good to get the ball rolling to hear what alternatives there might be.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Arthur,
Im in tonight so will have a Google to see what I pick up from the route you mentioned, I always use a focus to dowse as it helps, perhaps I dont feel good enough yet to just JUMP IN and ask the questions,being on this forum does improve your work, so in time I might join my peers ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Well here goes, I dont find the coast close to Abbotsbury as the place where they landed, but further west at Golden Cap close to Chideock, here and just down the coast at Seatown are energy paths that run straight I BELIEVE to Glastonbury....I measured the paths and gap at the coast, then checked at Glastonbury and can almost match the widths where they cross the Thorn Tree and the Abbey site and Tor, its a little past south to north from the looks of things...Both at Golden Cap and Seatown are very old sacred ground sites very close to the sea, these are like lights in the dark I believe to those who have eyes to see, and mark the powerful energy lines that cross Glastonbury at those special places marked again by sacred ground of spiral and radial forces coming from each site.(Like the wires of a dart board). I will double check at Abbotsbury coastal site to check for other paths, but I believe these would pass Glastonbury to the east and not be involved, I havent checked for the journey inland yet, hard enough plotting where he landed and the journey began....I feel sure Im close, the paths point the way along with the sacred sites at the very edge of the sea...And a question for Geoff and Arthur, could the Golden Cap be the cap worn that day at the landing, is it possible to dowse an answer ? The direct path to Glastonbury from the coast would HAVE to involve passing through towns, to allow the people to rest and eat, so Abbotsbury would be the logical way to go to follow the paths north ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

The one site at Golden Cap dowses for me to around 6 thousand years old like the one at Seatown, with another around 2 thousand years old, and YES I dowse Golden Cap as the cap worn when they arrived at the coast, it was a way of marking it, to be passed down in History.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Golden Cap seems to be the highest point along the coast and has NO GREAT fame at all, no mention of sacred sites and any history, this is such a shame, it has much more to offer the world than just being a hill, well it is for me folks. 8)
Malcolm
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Malcolm »

Julian Cope devotes a page to Golden Cap in The Modern Antiquarian

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/sit ... fieldnotes
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Mike,
I feel this ought to have a new site but will wait until someone can manage that.
I feel that landfall tended to be where cliffs were low to make access easier hence the Abbotsbury option.
Not forgetting coastal erosion since those times.
I did a lot of dowsing work on this a few years back and believe the holy party first came to Brook on the south coast of the Isle of Wight to deliver seed to the governor there from the governor of Brest in Nth West France before moving onto Abbotsbury.
At Brook the access to the land is low and there is water from a stream that runs onto the beach which they could have benefitted by.
Would you like to dowse to find out about the place where this water comes out of the ground?.
Would you like to dowse to see if any of the area here including the adjacent church sites have ancient or sacred origins? I found these old churches had quite an atmosphere.
Arthur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

With the weather so bad here I will have a go at that tonight Arthur, as I dont think I shall be out and about after dark :lol: thanks for sharing those details with us, I shall have a poke about after my dinner,and get back here later I hope.Yes it may need another thread or place to post, but its all interesting stuff others will like to read Im sure,being in the midlands I havent visited all those places, but in my crop circles days I wandered around Sussex a bit, and found some good things there.I did fish a lot in the waters off Isle Of Wight, but never much else at that time , 8)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

mike wrote:And a question for Geoff and Arthur, could the Golden Cap be the cap worn that day at the landing, is it possible to dowse an answer ? The direct path to Glastonbury from the coast would HAVE to involve passing through towns, to allow the people to rest and eat, so Abbotsbury would be the logical way to go to follow the paths north ?
Mike

I am not getting a cap or Golden Cap was worn by anyone at the time of the landing.

What I did get was that the Holy Party moved along the coast from Abbotsbury to Seaford or Seaton before heading inland towards Glastonbury.

Also, I believe that a two wheeled cart needed to be hired at a well known place like Abbotsbury to carry the large log which I dowsed as the thorn tree planted on Wearyall hill by Joseph which began to grow after Jesus blessed it.

Also, I believe the towns you mention were nothing more than huts.

Arthur

Edited by I.P. 19.12.10 - put quote in mark-up, added extra space
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Yes I imagine most of those towns would start out as collections of huts around local trackways in those early times, but perhaps some of the early villages never grew further to town sizes because of local conditions of the land and work available, and the amount of water people could get without too much trouble, firewood and all sorts of problems..Thanks for dowsing the Golden Cap question Arthur, I will have a look at the Brook site when I have a moment,Im up to my eyes at the moment with other things,that time of the year mate. :roll: