For matters relating to dowsing for health and wellbeing
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Sounding Bowls

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Those of you who are interested in using sound to heal may like to look at this fascinating site...

http://www.soundingbowls.com/

Hover your cursor over each bowl to hear the sound it makes and click on the bowl to fnd its uses.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Sounding Bowls

Post by simonwheeler »

Not exactly easily affordable!!
My understanding of sounding bowls for healing is that they are bowls with a natural resonance & complex harmonic...similar to the idea of "playing" glasses of water by skimming the rims with your finger. The ones on this site seem to be musical instruments firstly.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Yes, these are not 'singing bowls' used in healing, meditation & chanting. As Simons ays, they're musical instruments. And those prices are ridiculous! :x They sound a bit like African kalimbas to me.

But good luck to the 'inventors' - there will always be some people who will buy them, and you don't have to sell many to make a profit, I should think! :mrgreen:
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I like the Meditation Bowl, but the Wind Chimes take some beating on a warm day, and are MUCH cheaper!! 8) Sound does allow the mind to travel and relax, best to try everything till you find the one that suits you, dont think there is a one size for all, you have to find the one in tune with you, like a good Crystal.