Sites and their attachments (remanence)

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
Dean Appleton

Sites and their attachments (remanence)

Post by Dean Appleton »

I am greatly curious about locations where there are energies which can distort or disrupt the dowsing process. I would be fascinated to hear more about various dowsers experiences in encountering these energies and dealing with them so that they do not corrupt the dowsing search to much.

Dean
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Dean, As you've posted this in the archaeology section, I'm curious as to whether you mean energies affecting dowsing in general or specifically related to archaeological dowsing? If you mean affecting general dowsing then I should really move this topic to the earth energies section.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Dean Appleton

Post by Dean Appleton »

My enquiry was specific to energies generated or caused by humans who have inhabited former sites of habitation. hese energies have in themselves an aspect of the history of a place or time, hence my curisosity,

Dean
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Don't forget the archaeologists

Post by Ian Pegler »

According to Jeff Keen's book* (which I'm now reading for the third time!) the activities of archaeologists/geologists can also have an impact. Any kind of mechanical action such as hammering or chiselling can create fields, what Keen calls "contamination". He says the way to overcome this is to dowse backwards in time.

This being the case, certain objects such as flint tools will have such fields imbued by the persons that created them as a matter of course.

Ian

* = Consciousness, Intent, and the Structure of the Universe, Jeffrey Keen, Trafford publishing 2005.