Dowsing Rods and their usage

Discuss your favourite dowsing tools and techniques here.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Dowsing Rods and their usage

Post by Lynnie »

Hi, I've only recently joined the BSD. I’ve always used a crystal pendulum for dowsing. However, I am interested in rods and have held some a couple of times in a shop. I’ve always thought that rods really were for dowsing outside, i.e. searching for ley lines, water, or just general use outside whereas pendulums are more for use for dowsing chakras, answering general questions. What I’d like to know is, does anyone use rods for dowsing themselves, maybe the chakras or giving yes / no answers?

Lynnie
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Dowsing Rods and their usage

Post by Grahame »

Hi Lynnie;

You can use rods to answer yes/no type questions, just as you can use pendulums to find features outside as well. Any dowsing tool can be used to do the job of any other one - it's more a question of what tool is best for the job. Most people have their rods programmed to cross for 'yes', and open for 'no' answers. I also like to have mine programmed to cross for water and to open for energy lines - the latter is also handy for dowsing auras and chakras.
You can also use one rod to dowse irregularities in the aura by holding it side-on and moving up the edge of the aura (once you've detected it, obviously!). The rod will move in or out to indicate holes/bulges in the aura, which can indicate inflammations or other ailments (depends what you're focusing on). You can use rods for the chakras, but it's probably easier to use a bobber or even a pendulum for that.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

...and don't forget the aurameter...which does it all with just the one bit of equipment!!! (Though I do use rods and pendulums and bobbers as well. Sometimes. Depending on mood, circumstance, weather, location etc..)

Available from the BSD shop online

It's my favourite tool. Sometimes it seems truly magical working with/through it.
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Thanks Simon. I was going to mention the aurameter, but then I decided not to do the 'hard sell' straight away, but lull her into a false sense of security first..!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Don`t forget Lynnie if you become adept you could develope so no dowsing implements are neccessary.
Its called Deviceless Dowsing.
Arthur
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

Grahame Gardner wrote:Thanks Simon. I was going to mention the aurameter, but then I decided not to do the 'hard sell' straight away, but lull her into a false sense of security first..!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're welcome. You know me- any mention of tools for dowsing and I start singing the praises of the aurameter.

Can't recall if I've told this story on here, but anyway....:

I was using my aurameter to dowse and felt I wanted to give that a rest and use a pendulum instead. So I tucked the aurameter, handle part first, into the back pocket of my jeans. I then started to use my pendulum to ask yes/no questions.
Unbeknownst to me, but reported by the person standing behind me, whenever I asked a question, not only did the pendulum move...so did the aurameter. It seemed to be "in sympathy with" the pendulum and responses. So much so that even though the person behind couldn't see the pendulum, they knew what the answer to the question was because of the reaction of the aurameter in my back pocket.

8) 8) 8) :P :P
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Hi Everyone

Thank you for all your responses. Very interesting reading. Next time I’m in Glastonbury I’ll try and hold some rods and ask them to show me a yes or no answer and see what response I get.

Arthur, thank you, I have tried device less dowsing by rubbing the index finger and thumb together but feel happier with my pendulum – a habit of 20 years is hard to break!

On the few occasions I’ve held some dowsing rods they’ve never moved until recently when I was in a shop holding some when the rod in my right hand (without my asking any questions) swung back against my chest. I held them out again and the same thing happened. I remember being particularly upset at the time as I’d had an unpleasant experience that morning, so don’t know whether the rod was reacting to that. Any thoughts as to what this could have meant, particularly given that in the past when I’ve held them, nothing has happened?

Regards
Lynnie
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hi Lynnie,
Very often dowsing rods when held will move when least expecting it or your thinking has got deflected to somebody or something else so your mind has become sufficiently relaxed as in meditation for something to happen.
I believe we are not alone and that movement from dowsing tools comes initially from an unseen intelligence that is with us.
I have also known first time users experience a fast helicopter type blade rotation which has alarmed them but believe the unseen intelligence is testing their ability and your reaction to what takes place.
Very subtely I believe via telepathy a chain reaction is taking place.
Some prefer just to talk to the rods or pendulum and that is sufficient to obtain a response.
This system to most is their comfort zone.
Good luck.
Arthur