Following a Cheshire Ley Line

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
emmagoude

Following a Cheshire Ley Line

Post by emmagoude »

Hi!
Next week I’m setting off from St Thomas’ Church, Mellor (Cheshire) and following a Ley Line I found there. I’ll begin by heading east across the Pennines, through Sheffield and out towards Grimsby. Then get the train back to Mellor and head west towards Runcorn.
I’ll have a tent with me but will need to find other accommodation when passing though more urban areas. Please get in touch if you live near this line or know of someone else who does who might be able to put me up for the night.
Also get in touch if you’ve done a big Ley Line walk as I welcome any tips from experienced people. I’ve done a lot of walking with a backpack but not without footpaths!
And of course, if you’d like to join me for some of this adventure then good company is always welcome. Better still if you’d prefer to drive (and carry my stuff) we can compare dowsing notes along the way!
I will be blogging about my adventure so sign up if you want to be updated:
http://www.cheshireleyline.wordpress.com
Emma Goude

Edited by I.P. 9.6.12 - removed email address from post
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Re: Following a Cheshire Ley Line

Post by Helen-Healing »

I can't join you, but I enjoyed your blog, Emma! :mrgreen:
Good luck with the trek, and I hope it doesn't rain as much for you as it has been doing recently!
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Emma
Great to hear you are doing a Leyline walk. Am happy to help as much as I can from a distance. The first questions I have is how many paces wide is the energy line. The next is how many days are you planning to take to do this.

Other questions are about whether or not you have found its pair. That will be heading in the same direction and there will likely be cross over points along the way that will be of interest.

If you let me know where you are from your blog I will be able to give you some advance warning of when you cross one of the major energy lines alignments (2 pairs of lines) that run across England. For example there is one roughly from Middlesbrough to Garstang, Lancashire to Anglesey. There is another from the Devils Arrows at Burrowbridge that goes to Swinside stone circle in the Lake district and there is another North South line going northwards from Chesterfield.

There will also be around 4 days in the lead up to the summer solstice when it is far easier to make mistakes when trying to follow the lines as they all move in harmony with the same frequency. In the past my mapping used to take me in all directions at those times.

Wishing you all the best

Rory
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Hi Emma

In order to prevent spam-bots from picking up your e-mail address, I removed it from you post.

Anyone wishing to contact Emma can do so by using the buttons to the right of Emma's post.

cheers

Ian
emmagoude

Post by emmagoude »

I thought I'd share the correspondence with Rory...I was private messaging (am new to this forum) but because Rory's replies are so interesting I thought I'd share them here:

Sent: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:49 am
by emmagoude

Hi Rory,

Thanks for your helpful reply to my post.

The Line where I found it at St Thomas' Church, Mellor is maybe 10 foot wide but it was a while ago that I was there so don't remember exactly.

I'm going to take as long as it takes to walk it! I've given myself 2 months which I hope is ample time...but June Monsoon might delay my starting.

I haven't found it's pair so advance warning of other major lines that cross it would be helpful. I'll make a note of any other crossings I find - and see what it looks like. I'm not aware that they all have pairs so I'm glad you've brought that to my attention - it will be something else to look out for!

The weather may well hold me back until after the Solstice but if not I'll see how the energies affect my ability to follow inside the Line at that time.

Thanks again Rory for your experienced questioning. I've never done this before and my focus is on staying tuned into the energy of the Line through my body - through dreams, meditations, sensations etc. Everyone I meet along the way I will tell them of the Line's existence hopefully inspiring any potential new Ley Line enthusiasts. If I end up with a map of the Line at the end of it all then that's a bonus.

All the best,
Emma

Sent: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:53 pm
by Rory

Hi Emma
Good luck with your journey. Kinder Scout looks to be a bit of fun for you.
You will likely cross the two North South 30 pace wide lines just North of Junction 31 of the M1 - probable one to the East of the M1 and one to the West. I tracked them up to Bolsover and Clowne.
Had a look at your starting point and when I see churches on top of hills I tend to find more than one line running through them. If you look you may find more and even its pair.

Your line seems to be one of the 5 pace wide lines. You can also find 10 & 20 pace wide lines too (give or take a pace). They all run in pairs and are fairly straight unless they are coming together into a node.

Another way to stay 'tuned' is to chant a note. The Aborigines used to do this which is why they called them song lines.
Every line has a resonance - they move one way and then back the other a distance of between 25-50% of the width. (this can be dowsed if you have the time because it can take several hours to go from one side to the other) This frequency changes over time. When you chant the right note you resonate with the harmonics of the line and you will feel and notice it. That is how people can stay on the lines. You cant use the same note all the time though as the frequencies change.
If you are interested in knowing more about this, just let me know.
Wishing you all the best. I know you will enjoy the trip. I have been mapping energy lines in the area where I live from Bath to Swindon - including Avebury for over 8 years now and am still finding many new things.

Best regards

Rory
emmagoude

Post by emmagoude »

Hi Rory,

I've dowsed the map again and it looks like 2 lines do cross at the Church.
That explains why when I went up there with others, the men veered off the line in both directions.
I'm guessing they were being pulled by the male line...
Are the pairs always masculine and feminine and do I just ask my pendulum to find out?
(I've read 'The Sun and the Serpent')

I'm looking forward to seeing if I can find the right note to sing and curious about whether I can feel it.

Thanks again for your replies. I haven't even started and already it's a fascinating adventure.

Best wishes,
Emma
Rory
Novice
Novice

Post by Rory »

Hi Emma
Yes I find some people sense some lines more easily than others.
Never liked the Male Female analogy. I find one is stronger and one slightly weaker - other more subtle differences as well but it depends on the width of the line too and the date and time you dowse.
As for the right note, I suggest trial and error and intuition initially. If you can dowse the line signatures and their resonant frequencies you will get closer to finding the right note to sing. More details can be found in the Dowsing Observations book. It is sold on this website.
All the best & good luck on your journey.
Rory

PS One last message the lines will give you - never assume anything.