Richard Dawkins Would Like to Trip on LSD

Media reports from the scientific and natural world, not specifically about dowsing.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

from the Daily Grail...

... More than a few times I've heard people say "what Richard Dawkins needs is a good hit of LSD". Surprisingly, Richard Dawkins appears to agree with that view.
CLICK HERE to read the article.

Ian
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Re: Richard Dawkins Would Like to Trip on LSD

Post by ledgehammer »

Interesting article,

I'm not sure taking a hallucinative substance would lead to observation of paranormal phenomina, it may do. What it does do is put everything out and then back into context into relation to a wider picture, one that is not individual specific. On discussing the effects of trips with friends, symbolism does enter into experiences even symbolism which doesn't seem to relate to the individual, i.e a devil was witnessed above the head of someone in the room, but that person wasn't specifically religeous, having said that from an early age we are pounded with cartoons and concepts involving this symbol which may explain this without resulting to a conclusion that the devil was present. On delving a little deeper he expressed he had heard a story the day before warning him about an event in his past, and warning him not to talk about a certain topic as it may have offended him, the devil may have represented the part of him he wished not to anger. Many of the experiences described / and experienced have led to concusions that many of the hallucinations were witnessed by more than one person if not all, this has always made me wonder that levels of conciousness are existant and when a group of people experience something together that a shared level of conciousness is attained, I say this almost scientifically as I cannot see any other explanation. When no talking takes place and a conversation does, when compared afterwards - it leads to an intriguing line of debate.

I wonder if Dawkins will experience it and whether he will address is correctly and scientifically

I would definatly recommend "the doors of perception", as well as "the Doors" who are one of my favorites

Best wishes

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....
Helen-Healing
Competent
Competent

Post by Helen-Healing »

Have you ever experienced an LSD trip yourself, Tom?
I'm not sure taking a hallucinative substance would lead to observation of paranormal phenomina, it may do.
It certainly can. It depends on what kind of person you are, I think.
I only ever did it once - and I was in a good frame of mind! - and while walking in the countryside, I saw & picked up small beasties like ants & caterpillars etc, which I perceived as shining with unbelievable light...their vital force, you could say...and was able to converse with them!! In fact, I saw almost everything in a different 'light'.

I should think Dawkins would have a pretty bad trip actually!! :P You have to have your head in the right place before messing with LSD!
ledgehammer
Competent
Competent

Post by ledgehammer »

Helen-Healing wrote:Have you ever experienced an LSD trip yourself, Tom?
I'm not sure taking a hallucinative substance would lead to observation of paranormal phenomina, it may do.
It certainly can. It depends on what kind of person you are, I think.
I only ever did it once - and I was in a good frame of mind! - and while walking in the countryside, I saw & picked up small beasties like ants & caterpillars etc, which I perceived as shining with unbelievable light...their vital force, you could say...and was able to converse with them!! In fact, I saw almost everything in a different 'light'.

I should think Dawkins would have a pretty bad trip actually!! :P You have to have your head in the right place before messing with LSD!
Ha ha Helen, I tried not to advocate myself but yes, in a variety of circumstances and not always good I should add. In my case it bought about a deep spiritual experience which I believe saved my life, but I don't believe this is the case for many people, as you say it depends on your state of mind. I believe in regards to Dawkins some video footage should be taken, in the cause of research of course ;-)

best wishes

Tom
The universe is a soul, trying to understand itself.... We each have the power to look inward at its immense beauty....