Isle of Wight Energy line

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Isle of Wight Energy line

Post by mike »

Looked yet again and to be honest unless that round shape between Brading Down Road and Upper Adgestone Road is the Devils Punchbowl, I cannot find it even looking on the site at Megalithic Portal.I have found a site above the Brading Down Road where a Ley passes n/s through it but no Ley e/w, as its blocked by two cess pits on the east side of Brading......The round shape Im looking at does not have any pipes running to or from, so its not a cess pit Im hoping, I have been caught out before looking for water in Spain, AND finding the cess pit. :lol: :lol:
siinvincible

Post by siinvincible »

Hi Mike,

This is all very fascinating, especially regarding the energy on Brading Downs.

The round shape between Brading Downs Road and Upper Adgestone Road is a reservoir I believe - I was fascinated by it when I first noticed it on a walk in the evening in the spring, but then when I eventually went over to check it out it seemed much less interesting.

The devil's punchbowl I believe is a strange name given to the round barrow north of Brading Downs Road. A local dowser said that it's the only place on the island where the Belinus and the Eleanor currents intermingle. I've noticed every time I've sat there I've had a great feeling of calm take over.

I'd like to know - is there a lay running along the Tennyson Trail footpath, going through the Freshwater Bay golf club? I have a feeling there is - I was feeling rather sick and headachy, which I've had before when walking along lay lines, just on that stretch through the golf club, and the sensation would drop if I moved a few metres away from the path.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Hi Siin, that round shape is something special, I dowse its at a point where two Leys cross at right angles precise, for me its placed there because of that fact, which means its GOT to have history to it....But other than that it might just be something was placed there because it was empty land and they wanted to put it in empty ground, but I still go with something ancient because of its precise position on TWO Leys.No way for me to ever know, but the shape points to a water tank or cess pit of some sort, but I dowse no active water pipes, so it leaves the double Leys at that precise point ??? It has a pipe at the south end which might mean ventilation along with the 4 round shapes on top,its a real puzzle this ?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I cannot find the Tennyson Trail but you are right, where Southdown Road meets the A3055 at the T junction you have a large brown house on the 3055, at the right hand side of its entrance drive you have a Ley Coming from the East which touches the A 3055 in places as it runs to the west, does that help at all Siin ? Its a little below the Golf Course, but close enough.
Gray

Priory ley. Isle of Wight.

Post by Gray »

Hi all.. I had reason to visit the Priory Bay Hotel, Seaview this Summer. I drove down the driveway into a gravel car park set amongst trees. As I approached the hotel entrance my eyes were drawn above the archway towards a handsome stone relief sculpture of St George killing the dragon. It was posed in the classic style depicting the serpentine dragon writhing beneath St. George and his horse. The hotel estate was a monastery/priory until Tudor times and has since been occupied mostly as a manorial style private residence. Artefacts dating back 3,700 years have been found on site. I had a strong feeling that due to the fact that it was on hallowed turf and populated since the stone age, it may be a good candidate for a ley line search.
When I arrived back home I took out my ordnance survey 1.25.000 map. After a quick search, I drew a straight line from the Priory Bay Hotel on the north east coast directly through three villages and nineteen miles of countryside, finishing at Chilton Chine on the south west coast, then out to sea for a few metres, south of Hardman Rock. The mentioned features in thefollowing villages would only be metres from the pencil drawn line.....Priory Bay Hotel. One of the owners from 1930 to 1937 coincidentally was a "Lady St. George". Also the ghost of a girl in a blue dress. The site is recorded as the oldest site of habitation in the UK. So I pencilled in eight straight miles to Arreton Old Village, taking in Mersley Down and tumuli along the way. Lovely church dedicated to St George, Arreton Manor, another ghost of a girl in a blue dress?. White Lion Inn and Dairy Man's Daughter public houses, small lakes, craft shops etc........ Then up and over St. Georges Down.three and a half miles to Gatcombe Village. Bonny small church of St Olav, girlie ghost!, Gatcombe Manor House and a Lake.......Then onwards over the downs for five miles, through the heart of the museum into the charming village of Brightstone, brushing the Three Bishops Inn, the small museum and the beautiful Church of St. Mary the Virgin. Then a couple of miles to Chilton Chine and the sea. Well got the gear now and am looking forward to my first dowsing session. Will report back anything of interest. Cheers Gray.
Last edited by Gray on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Priory ley. Isle of Wight.

Post by mike »

Gray you make a good point, and Im sure you are right about the St George figure, the Priory Bay Hotel is a sort of T shape, and from the sea to the east a Ley comes in which crosses the main house and runs down the T shape towards the west and perhaps the front door...And if you dowse in the main house is another Ley from the north,which is much reduced but would have crossed the east Ley, and might have produced a very powerful Sacred Site right within the hotel main building. No wonder the monks/people would place those figures outside when the site was active and alive, but not today Im afraid, because in my opinion the north Ley is reduced/broken on the mainland in Paulsgrove Lake/Port Solent right where the quay bends into the Lake,a steel pile must have grounded this Ley right where the quay bends to the left a little.The Ley is active and alive on the quays north side, but reduced/broken on the quays south side, if this pile was removed the Priory would become a wonderful powerful place again with strong clockwise earth forces of radial and concentric forces moving away from where both Leys cross in the main building in my opinion.
TN FireWalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by TN FireWalker »

Gray, looking forward to hearing of your great adventure. Sounds like a magaical place to Doswe.
Good dowsing and make sure you take notes for that wonderful book that I'm sure you will write sometime in the future.
Sincerely,
Nancy
Nancy
Gray

Post by Gray »

Thank you Mike and Nancy. Just on stepping from the car it felt a very soothing place. Never thought I would say that about a car park. I am thinking about the ley coming in from the sea, starting from the South West, (Chiltern Chine) land wise and taking the North easterly route to The Priory.