Shungite

Topics relating to the hazards of EMFs, Wi-Fi, phone masts, dirty electricity, smart meters, 5G etc.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Shungite

Post by Lynnie »

I think I've just stumbled across one of Grahame's youtube videos. I was looking at ways of protecting yourself against EMF and found a video on Youtube saying that Shungite can protect you and demonstrating this.

I've been doing some further reading up about it and then found another video (unknown to me whilst I was watching) by Grahame demonstrating with several different meters that it does not offer any protection at all and that it appears to do so because you are holding the shungite (and you get the same effect by just holding your hand / finger by an EMF object).

Do I have this all correct? Are there any crystals that help such as smokey quartz?

Lynnie
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Shungite

Post by Grahame »

Lynnie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:48 pm I think I've just stumbled across one of Grahame's youtube videos.
Ah, you mean this one?

I made that in response to a number of other videos I'd seen where they were demonstrating that shungite eliminated EM fields by holding a piece of it between the meter and the item in question. As I pointed out, what is actually happening is that, because these hand-held meters rely on your body providing a connection to ground, it is actually your body that is earthing the field. The shungite is irrelevant. I got such a lot of troll comments on that video from shungite evangelists that I had to disable comments.

I'm not saying that shungite is devoid of benefits; only that it does not dissipate or absorb an electric or magnetic field as other videos claim. It didn't seem to have much effect on microwave fields from the Wi-Fi router either. I for one am not wasting any more money on it until I see some better evidence.

There is a video from a shungite manufacturer where they place a large puck of shungite on a plug board (without holding it) and the meter appears to reduce to zero. I'm pretty sure this is faked in some way but I haven't figured out how they do it yet. They clearly have a vested interest in promoting the stuff (that's why I'm not sharing a link to that particular video - you can search for it easily enough).
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Yes, that's the very one; I was a tad envious of all the different meters you were using. I would love to get an acoustimeter but it's gone up by £100 quid since the last time I looked at the price. The time I will be pushed into getting one is if I have no other option but to succumb to having a smart meter or 5G, whichever comes first.

But thanks for the info on the video; I was a day a way from getting a load of shungite so I can put that towards an acoustimer :lol:

I may just get that book that was advertised at the end. I noticed that it is being updated. I'm particularly interested in 5G. Has the book been recently updated or is near another update?

Lynnie
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Lynnie wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:39 pmI may just get that book that was advertised at the end. I noticed that it is being updated. I'm particularly interested in 5G. Has the book been recently updated or is near another update?
The present edition dates from March 2018 but is still pretty up to date regarding 5G. I'm still seeing stuff that I researched at the time cropping up in news items today (such as 5G transmitters in manhole covers.

You can get the book directly from me HERE; it's also available on Kindle. Simon wrote a lovely review of the first edition HERE.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I have found this video where the person testing shungite is not putting his hand in between the meter and the test object. Wondered what Grahame's take on it was?

Lynnie
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Yes, that's the one I mentioned in my first post. I'm convinced that there is some skulduggery going on, but I'm not exactly sure how they are doing it.

Firstly, you will notice that the meter is not being held in the first test. Yet hand-held meters rely on your body providing the connection to earth in order to get an accurate reading. Some meter models have a separate earthing lead to do just that, but this one does not.

Secondly, the way the meter gradually decreases to zero is deeply suspicious when the shungite is in place. It should drop much faster than that (assuming everything else is kosher). This suggests to me that something (e.g. maybe his other hand?) is being brought up underneath to earth the field, or that the meter itself is rigged in some way (more likely). Actually, the behaviour of the meter in general is dodgy, I've never seen a meter that performs as smoothly as this one does.

Third, the meter is measuring the electric fields (you can tell from the V/m in the top reading), yet when he places it beside the light switch in the second test, there is no reading until he switches the light on. Yet an electric field is present all the time in a light switch (or anything else if it's plugged in) whether it is switched on or not, and it should register on the meter then.

Finally, the video is produced by a shungite retailer, who clearly has a vested interest in promoting his product. Show me a good independent test and I might be more convinced.

If somebody wants to send me a chunk of shungite of a similar size to that one, I'll gladly try to replicate the test for you. But I'm not going to waste my money on it. :lol:
Grahame
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Thanks Grahame, that's really interesting. I've seen so many websites saying shungite can protect against EMF and then that video. I must admit the first that jumped out was the fact that there was a link to where you could buy it. But I was still interested in the actual video. As you say, there's something that doesn't feel right to me, based on my intuition which I trust, but can't work out what. That fits in with your intuition as well. I would dearly love to get an acoustimeter so I could try it out myself.

Any others have an acoustimeter with a piece of shungite they could test?

Lynnie
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Grahame,

It looks like you're in good company!

Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

I rest my case.

And he's had exactly the same troll comments on the video that I was getting on mine, before I disabled comments as they had become a repetitive troll-fest ("did you test your shungite with a torch?/ shungite attenuates not eliminate/ it changes the spin/ you have fake shungite.." etc.). It was taking way too much of my time to moderate them so I turned them off.
Grahame
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

That's my mind made up too, thanks for being patient whilst I was on my quest.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

I've just found this interesting article on the net:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14968159
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Shungite, EMFs and test results

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:02 pm Thanks Grahame, that's really interesting. I've seen so many websites saying shungite can protect against EMF and then that video. I must admit the first that jumped out was the fact that there was a link to where you could buy it. But I was still interested in the actual video. As you say, there's something that doesn't feel right to me, based on my intuition which I trust, but can't work out what. That fits in with your intuition as well. I would dearly love to get an acoustimeter so I could try it out myself.

Any others have an acoustimeter with a piece of shungite they could test?

Lynnie
I have three different EMF meters. Trifield, Acousticom 2 and another. I also have shungite in a number of forms. I have done some testing, and since you asked about it, I thought I'd share what little I know.

Shungite has a fairly rare property. It conducts electricity. This may factor into some of the test results you see on You Tube, depending on how the experiment is structured. Whether this property is part of why shungite is supposedly good for protecting you from EMFs, I don't know. No one does.

About a year ago, I read an article on GreenMedInfo.com about shungite: https://www.greenmedinfo.health/blog/sh ... ial-report

I found it interesting, because although there were no scientific studies on wearing shungite, the shungite water has been proven effective in repairing radiation damage in scientific studies. This got my attention.

The author has her own website with shungite products, because she is a big believer in it. http://shungitequeen.com.

I bought material for making the shungite water. At the time, I had gotten so sensitive that I could tell when I was out shopping and near a tower or source of wifi in a store. My head felt like it would explode. I drank the shungite water for a couple weeks, and the symptoms went away. I stopped being as sensitive. Of course, then, I bought some shungite to wear.

I admit I can't see the huge difference when wearing it or having it in my office near my computer that I felt when drinking the water, but my sensitivity never went back as high as it was. I have tested shungite, and in my office, it seems if I put the shungite between the EMF source and me, the reading on the meter usually goes down. It may have to do with the electroconductivity of the shungite. Or not. Note: not all shungite is the real thing, and the high-grade stuff works best, and it isn't cheap.

In the past year, I've had time off from drinking shungite water, and in each case, when I went back on it, I felt a lot better. Symptoms lessened or went away. As someone who used to do scientific research at NASA, I feel we don't know the first thing about crystal healing and how it works, and a lot of study needs to be done.

My personal thinking is this. I happen to believe crystal healing wouldn't have lasted for thousands of years if it didn't work. If we want to test it, we'll have to really back up in how we think of protection and healing. What if wanting the shungite to change the EMFs is the wrong approach, because that isn't what it does? What if the shungite changes us? What if it makes us stronger, better grounded or immune to the ill effects of EMFs when used with intention? Wouldn't that be more in keeping with the concept of a free will universe? How the heck does one measure that? I can't think of a way other than seeing how healthy those who use it are. Which isn't much use in an experiment.

Anyway, how we approach something is important. I don't know if shungite is as protective as claimed, but I use it with intention, because I feel its grounding effects and it resonates with me so much that at first, I literally couldn't take the necklace off, even to sleep at night. But I have had a tendency not to be grounded in this plane, so that may have nothing to do with protection. But what if it does?

There are just too many factors, and most of them cannot be scientifically measured. My point is, shungite water works and is proven, and why not give wearing it a chance? Most of the people on this forum are huge believers in the power of intention. I see shungite, a powerful first chakra crystal, as being a great way to anchor protective intentions. And doesn't intention power everything?
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Dowsed Shungite as an EMF protection and still the only thing that worked for me is place a unworked geode of Amethyst between you and the wi fi source, but Im still looking at the worlds rocks for anything that changes the levels of exposure, and Mica does work a little, but for me Amethyst is king at the moment folks.