Grave Dowsing

for matters relating to archaeological and historical dowsing.
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Re: Grave Dowsing

Post by Grahame »

Another transatlantic grave dowsing report - this one is interesting because they plan to follow up the dowsing survey with magnetometer imaging and a cadaver dog!
Evansville Courier wrote:Historical group believes it's found unmarked graves near Wesselman Woods

EVANSVILLE − Dozens of unmarked graves have been waiting to be rediscovered beneath the grass in a quiet back corner of the former Wesselman Park Par 3 golf course, site of a little known pioneer burial plot.

A local historical group working to preserve McCallister Cemetery hopes that their work last Sunday has led to their discovery. But it will take more time, and research, to be sure.

Mike Chappell, a local resident, said he used dowsing rods to find and outline 26 potential graves at the cemetery site. Volunteers marked out the locations with yard flags and recorded the GPS coordinates.

...<SNIP>...

In June, the Evansville park commission gave the group permission to look for and document the lost grave sites in hopes of getting McCallister Cemetery onto the National Register of Historic Places.

Baumberger said Sunday's results were encouraging. The group still plans to make several more attempts to locate and verify gravesites there.

Those will include a University of Southern Indiana assistant professor of anthropology who will use technology such as a magnetometer as well as another dowser.

A Daviess County, Kentucky, search-and-rescue dog trained in locating cadavers also will be used. Baumberger said the dog has helped locate other historic grave sites, including those of Civil War veterans in Parker Cemetery on Evansville's West Side.
Click Here for full story.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Grahame dowsing this position the influence of graves is from the middle of the course going se corner and into the tree line beyond there. Would it be worth offering an opinion and Google coordinates do you think, to help the recovery ??
SparkTalker
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SparkTalker »

mike wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:08 pm With the last post in mind I dowsed from my chair at the iPad looking for Gold around me, and I got hits in every direction, with the thought Gold within a short distance from me, make of that what you will folks ??
It's quite correct, though at first it may not be so obvious as to why.

Your target thought was "Gold". Now, the 'obvious' inference for many folks would be gold bars, gold coins, gold jewellery etc. However there is a much more common occurrence of gold in the modern world: Electronics!

Pretty well all electronic items contain gold, either as fine connecting wires used in integrated circuits (chips), or as plating to improve electrical connections and offer resistance to corrosion. Even your iPad will be 'stuffed' with the stuff!

So your dowsing results were spot on; there IS gold all around you.

Regards, Mark...
"Responses are limited, you must ask the right questions."