Radon Gas saturated Ground and Ley Lines.

Leys, Alignments, Energy leys, ley lines... what do you call them?
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Fault-lines and ancient sites

Post by Ian Pegler »

In his book Places of Power (Blandford Press 1999) Paul Devereux says that the close siting of ancient sites to fault lines is a fact:
Paul Devereux wrote:We know the megalith builders could read geology well. They knew where to mine flint, and where to find and quarry certain stone. The people of the Bronze Age knew how to prospect for minerals. There can be no doubt that they had the ability to perceive faulting [my emphasis], quite apart from the observation of the phenomena that haunted such places.

Hope this helps

Ian
onetwin

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by onetwin »

( posts split and merged with older topic at this point - GG)

Hello people, I have joined this group as I am very interested in your recent posts concerning RADON. i am buying a property off plan in Devon (where I was born) and the GEO report has reported higher than normal levels of RADON. I have asked and have been granted permission to have an allotment at the development and to grow my own vegetables and perhaps to supply the development as this is my hobby and cooking is my job. Would the somewhat higher than average deposits of RADON affect that idea? This development used to be a hotel in the 1920's and the people there grew their own vegetables, so I didnt think this was much of a problem. Could some members kindly advise, thank you one twin :roll:
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

onetwin wrote: I am very interested in your recent posts concerning RADON. i am buying a property off plan in Devon (where I was born) and the GEO report has reported higher than normal levels of RADON. I have asked and have been granted permission to have an allotment at the development and to grow my own vegetables and perhaps to supply the development as this is my hobby and cooking is my job. Would the somewhat higher than average deposits of RADON affect that idea? This development used to be a hotel in the 1920's and the people there grew their own vegetables, so I didnt think this was much of a problem. Could some members kindly advise,
(mod - quote markup added - GG)

Hi onetwin,

Sorry for the delayed response, I have only found your post and, as no one else has replied, I thought I would.

As you probably know, Radon gas is associated with granite and there be a great dollop of it in Debn. (where I were born, too) Last Sunday I was asked if I could seal off radon that was seeping into a house of a friend in Bath Spa (I was told that I could, so I did) that was already responsible for six small nodules of cancer cells forming in my friend's chest and lymph glands. I managed to make them benign. I was surprised to learn that there was granite below parts of Bath but dowsing confirmed that, also that the rock was pretty hot which accounts for the hot springs so - natural thermal heating.

Having had 3 aunts and two grandparents who lived for 50 years plus in a radon area in west Cornwall, all of whom eventually died of cancer, I'm a little wary of radon gas and the damage it can cause to health.

You ask "Would the somewhat higher than average deposits of RADON affect that idea? "

I find that if radon gas is below you allotment it would certainly affect what you grow but not all that much. The greater danger is that as it is below your house, your health may well be affected adversely by it in due course, especially as it's emission has been reported as higher than normal.

Some years ago I went to my friend's house in Bath so I was able to visualise its location precisely and that enabled me to seal off the house from the gas. I have no idea where you are so cannot do nything for you at this stage. May I suggest that you send me your location by e-mail then I can find it on a map, locate the areas where the gas is seeping, then seal the lot for you.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Post by arthur hamlin »

Hello Geoff,
Just wondering how you can seal off physical radon gas rising up from rock?
Arthur
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Re: Radon Gas saturated Ground and Ley Lines.

By usng Intent, Arthur.

Geoff
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
arthur hamlin
Competent
Competent

Post by arthur hamlin »

Okay, but I thought you would only be able to stop the etheric version from reaching the surface.
Arthur
griff
Novice
Novice

Post by griff »

In this area of the South Hams the sharp silvery/grey sand known as 'Lee Moor Sand' has been and is still used in the construction of all types of buildings and dwellings. The sand is a by-product of the china clay industry on and around the Dartmoor Granite bathylith and the associated surrounding metamorphic auriole. Houses in South Devon although sited in areas where radon is not endemic will often react to radiation testing because of the use of these sands. For example, newer dwellings built on the Meadfoot Slates will exhibit radioactive characteristics which can be reduced by carefully designed ventilation systems which vent the heavier than air radon gas from the dwellings. I do not think that Radon rises from the ground unless the ground is disturbed by digging, except maybe in geological boundary areas such as the boundary between the Start Series (which contains Hornblendic rocks, and therefore uranium), and the Meadfoots, where movement in boundary faulting may occur. One such site which is in such an area is at Hallsands where the hotel built and operated by the industrious and self-sufficient Trout sisters (now deceased) has been redeveloped. Developers have demolished the hotel and built a number of highly expensive seaside homes there, no doubt using the sharp and strong Lee Moor sand in mortar, rendering and concrete.
The Gara Rock Hotel, now being developed into apartments and dwellings, on the Western side of Start Point is wholly within the Start Series which is at that site not only composed of a convoluted mixture of Greenstone and Hornblendic Schists and Quartz, but also is heavily mineralised with Iron Pyrites and traces of silver and gold. Several active fault lines can be seen on the cliff faces there running in a northerly direction to meet with the Meadfoots in South Pool Creek.

Regards Griff.
Stay cool. 8)
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Hi Griff'

I know the area well having lived at Plympton for some years, before and after WW2, near one of the works that made the white building blocks you mentioned. That works was adjacent to the stream that carried the waste from the Lee Moor works that, I understand, is now closed. The stream often used to silt up badly and, if there was heavy rain, it flooded the adjacent main railway line. I was interested to learn that someone is contemplating re-opening the wolfram mine at Hemerdon, also the tin mine at South Crofty (Redruth/Camborne area).

To get back to that Radon problem at Bath,there are, according to my dowsing, some lumps of granite below Bath's oolitic limestone that produce very highly concentrated radon gas. The lady who drew my attention to it told me that someone had measured its concentration which was about ten times what could normally be expected. No wonder the lady there, who lived in the basment of the house, suffered from cancer.

Geoff
Geoff