Birds Bathtime.

UFOs, aliens, inter-dimensional beings and general weirdness.... abandon hope, all who enter here. Mike is in charge.
mike
Professional
Professional

Re: Birds Bathtime.

Post by mike » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Thanks Grahame for that,well I believed it,sat most of the night with a box of tissues at hand......Out today at the Slough Park in Coventry car park eating chips and a sausage like you do, and across the road my old friend the Crow with the deformed leg and its partner appeared on the rooftops.I threw loads of chips out the window and the seagulls woofed the lot, but the small female Crow came down and grabbed some of them, the male bird with that frozen leg never came close during this time.I did see it chasing seagulls afterwards but have no idea if it managed to get some of my chips,I just wish I had some more food to throw out, I love that Crow,to manage to find enough food in that condition is a marvel, as its leg is frozen straight down.I noticed today the leg is now shorter, like part has broken off,but when it flies it hangs down like a peg.Both the leg and ankle and toes were all at one time stuck straight down, but now it looks like the leg is shorter above the ankle, which should help it land in trees or on roofs.I saw it on the house roof hop a little to the side, and it had its wings ready above the body to support that move, its a clever Crow for sure and a lucky bird no doubt.Im SO pleased to see it again today,I pray for it often to keep it fed and safe.

mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:08 pm

Saw the Crow with the deformed leg in the carpark at the Slough Park Coventry today again when we were eating our chips and sausage, the pair flew to the trees above where we were sitting.The Crow with the bad leg sits holding on with its good leg, but is not very safe looking, and the female I managed to throw some chips close to her, she grabbed at least one which she ate before the sea gulls mobbed her.The male bird called loud above me and flew off, I think telling the female to grab all she could before the sea gulls did !! The male Crow looked fine, and Im sure its frozen leg is much shorter now, I could not see the ankle and toes hanging down like before, Im so glad he is alive and well, it makes me feel good to know that.

mike
Professional
Professional

Post by mike » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:11 pm

I sat in the car park at the Slough Park today north of Coventry eating our chips and sausage, and a Robin came up to the car to eat a chip I had thrown out which had a black eye in the chip.So I threw more close to the hedge and hoped he found them,no sea gulls today to scoff all the chips I leave for the other birds....On the way out of the car park gate my friend the Crow with the deformed leg flew overhead, so I hope fingers crossed he gets some of those chips meant for him and his female mate.I feel so chuffed to know the Crow is alive and okay, I want to take him home with me, but I know that would not be right.