Timing

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Hillary
Beginner
Beginner

Timing

Post by Hillary »

Ayone have accuacy in how long an event will take to occur
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Timing

Post by mike »

I dowsed some years ago that Japan would be hit with a terrible earthquake which would all but destroy it on April 17/24 of that year, but thankfully nothing happened,it came the prediction at least two years before that date.I did predict an earthquake correct in the US and that came a year ahead of the time, and the morning of the quake I was just home from work with the TV on....Its something I would not look for, but with an open heart and mind I think things can come through odd times.When you dowse for a while its like you sign up to a club, somebody hears your thoughts and if you are honest and without gain in your heart you are told things, after years of dowsing often I find you are in a sort of dowsing mood all the while, so you are open to outside influence 24/7.
Hillary
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Hillary »

What about mundane dowsing regarding timing. For example , Dowsing - How many days will it take for an employer to respond to a job application?
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Post by Grahame »

Hi Hilary,

I think it varies depending on whether you are actively setting an intention, or just passively dowsing the outcome of something outside of your control. You can set parameters for this sort of thing if you are making an affirmation - e.g. 'I want to hear from them within the next two months' (pendulum gives a 'yes'). That's going to be more successful than if you haven't put any intention into the desired outcome from the start and are just asking, 'will I hear from them next week?'

It's harder to be precise with this sort of work as there are always many variables involved. I usually dowse for the 'probability of (something) happening' on a percentage scale, e.g. I might dowse that the event I have set up with my intention has a 70% chance of success within the next month, maybe a 50% chance within the week, but only a 5% chance of success the next day.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

Hi Hilary
After many years of goosing I now refrain from asking about future events because I have been told that my sources are not allowed to give me accurate predictions . They can tell me what they think can happen and their answers are based on present day conditions with no knowledge of what may happen in the future. Here, I think, is the difference berween dowsing and clairvoyance where two entirely different sources are involved. As Grahame has mentioned, there are many variables involved and one does have to ask the right question.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
simonwheeler
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Proficient
Proficient

Post by simonwheeler »

there are many variables involved
Indeed. And think of the consequences if this was never the case and it was all "set in stone."
My view is that there is always (!) a number of possible futures; which exact future occurs is usually (!) unpredictable precisely...but sometimes (!) we can get pretty close.
I have also got confused by dates on which something may/not happen in the future. I have "got" that it will happen on, say, 12th June (12/06) but it's actually happened on 06/12 (December 6th.) And a year later, too. :roll: :)
Don’t be so open-minded that your brains fall out. LAWRENCE FERLINGHETTI

www.simongordonwheeler.co.uk

Simon
Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford »

I am told that time is not used by dowsing sources so they have great difficulty in predicting future events. Apparently we, OMG this planet , are the only people who do use time as a measurement. So, our dowsing sources regard past, present and future as one resulting in conflicting answers to the same question asked by different dowsers depending on which source they are connecting with and their interpretation of the question.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)
Hillary
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Hillary »

In the past I have dowsed a circumstance would occur. If the answer was 100% I would follow up with when. The time was never
correct, but the circumstance would manifest.

Grahame - your suggestion is one that I haven't tried and sounds pretty concrete - so I am experimenting with it. Thanks.

My prior dowsing for timing seemed liked I was trying to hook a fish but my line kept being swallowed by the ocean deep.