Force pulling the pendulum out in a near straight line

Ask a dowsing question, tell us your gossip, chat etc. here!
Kaya S

Force pulling the pendulum out in a near straight line

Post by Kaya S » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:40 am

When dowsing with a pendulum, I sometimes experience it going out in a near straight line from me, and I can clearly feel something pulling at it. Why is this happening at what is causing it?

Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Re: Force pulling the pendulum out in a near straight line

Post by Lynnie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:32 pm

Are you sure that it is not just a very strong yes or no answer? I sometimes get this so strongly it makes my whole arm move, particularly in the no (back and forth position).

Lynnie

Kaya S

Post by Kaya S » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Ususally happens in the yes position. The pendulum more or less stops its swinging motion and goes out in a straight line, and it feels like something is pulling at it.

Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:44 pm

I will get a similar reaction when the pendulum is giving me a yes and no answer. It will swing in the yes position and then slow and go into the no position. When this first started happening, it did feel very awkward as though it wasn't sure if it was a yes or no. I've learned now to follow this up with further questions to refine the answer.

Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:30 pm

I think I might be able to help you two. Can you remember exactly what you were thinking about at the time you got this pengulum ractio ? What movements do you respective pendulums describe for Yes And No answers ?
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)

Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:50 pm

It happens for me when I've not phrased a question clearly or it is a yes but ..... so I ask further questions. It's not a problem for me just part of my dowsing. I was wondering if that was what was happening for the original poster.

Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi Lynne,
The only reason I can find that extends your pendulum swing is that the answer you are getting from your external source is being much more emphasised than normal. I assume you get answers in straight lines rather than circles. I find the latter so much more effective and useful.
Geoff

Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried, grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel (Polonius)

Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi Geoff

Yes, that's the reason I thought too, that the answer is being emphasised. It is very useful at times if I'm not too sure about something, to then get a very big yes or no. But my default positions are clockwise for yes and back and forth for no and anti-clockwise for maybe.

Kaya S

Post by Kaya S » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:57 pm

I expect a back and forth motion for yes and a sideways one for no. This has only happened in the yes position, so maybe it is a very strongly emphasized yes.

Geoff Stuttaford
Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter
Competent
Competent

Post by Geoff Stuttaford » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:43 am

I would certainly think that to be the case. You mat like to switch to circular movements of the pendulum which I find much more expressive than straight love nes.
Geoff

Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter

Post by Maggie » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Like most everyone is saying, a pendulum is just a tool, and 'yes' and 'no' are only two possible--and very vague and sometimes unuseful--answers. Having been a dowser for over twenty years now, I can say I've had tons of weird 'responses' when pendulum dowsing, but also when body dowsing. I've found that there are so many messages or answers trying to come through: dumb question, wrong question, unethical question, whoa!, yes, big yes, no, big no, WTF? being among the many. And each one tries to come through in an understandable, unique way. It's like learning a new language, the language of your intuition or heart.

It's silly, isn't it, to think that a simple yes or no are enough to answer any question? Our intuition, our heart or whatever you want to say is the source of answers has a wealth and complexity of information to pass on to us. We get to learn what new responses mean. There are no standard interpretations beyond yes and no. It's unique to you, but you'll discover them if you keep on dowsing. I suggest keeping a detailed journal so you can begin to see patterns.

Lastly, outside interference when dowsing in my experience is very rare, unlikely if you are dowsing appropriately and with the proper intention and technique, and the last option to even think about in cases like this. So don't be afraid. You're doing great! :)