Different Healing Methods

For matters relating to dowsing for health and wellbeing
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Different Healing Methods

Post by Lynnie »

I’ve been considering different methods of healing through dowsing. Obviously, there is dowsing for a supplement, flower essence, healing modality etc, so that is one method.

Years ago, I went to a ‘Dowsing for Health’ course where the tutor taught a method of healing an issue by dowsing over the body for an ‘exit’ point and once found, using a pendulum over that point to the heal that issue.

Any one else have other healing methods through dowsing?
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Different Healing Methods

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:35 am Any one else have other healing methods through dowsing?
As I see it, there are many ways to use dowsing for health:

#1: Be your own doctor with dowsing:
Use it to identify the root cause of a symptom
Use it to find a therapy that will resolve the problem
Dowse for side effects
Discover how long the healing will take
Compare the effectiveness of various therapies
Use dowsing to tweak your program during the healing process and make changes as needed
Dowse to see if you need to consult a professional, and if so, which one
Chart or list dowsing is very useful in this regard

#2: Consult with your doctor via dowsing:
Use dowsing to see if you agree with what your health care professional is suggesting is the best remedy or cause
Check for side effects (this is huge, since the doctor can only guess). Especially useful with drugs and surgery.

#3: Use dowsing as part of a therapy:
Spiritual Response Therapy: uses dowsing of charts to find causes and solutions for health issues
Pendulum healing: can be used by dowsers, but I wouldn't call it dowsing. My argument in that regard: Pendulum healing requires a pendulum; dowsing does not. You don't have to be a dowser to heal with a pendulum; it's a different skill. (I just find it easier to use separate terms for these different activities.)

The one problem is that health dowsing is one of the more complex and challenging dowsing applications to master. It takes time, effort and practice, but to me, it's well worth the effort. I've done lots of health dowsing for myself and clients. I have even written a book called Dowsing For Health: Awaken Your Hidden Talent, which you can see here: https://sixthsensebooks.com/nonfiction- ... gforhealth.

I'd like to hear what other dowsers feel is the biggest challenge in mastering health dowsing. So many people are interested in health dowsing, but so few persevere. What do you feel keeps people from learning and using dowsing for health?
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Thanks Maggie, lots of interesting points there, some of which I do. I think the main reason people don't stick with health dowsing is you can only dowse on the knowledge you have about a subject. I have limited success with dowsing charts but I have created my own.

The book looks interesting, I'll get that at some point in the new year after reading the books I've recently ordered.
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:21 pm Thanks Maggie, lots of interesting points there, some of which I do. I think the main reason people don't stick with health dowsing is you can only dowse on the knowledge you have about a subject. I have limited success with dowsing charts but I have created my own.
It can be really tough to figure out what question to ask when trying to find causes if you have no background in human biology. But I don't think you need a degree, so much as a familiarity that can come if one does a lot of reading. I'm lucky to have both, but Nigel is largely self-taught in health, and he does well.

On the other hand, if you don't really care that much about 'what's wrong', you can use dowsing to select whatever will best achieve your health goals. That way, you don't have to know diddly about biology, just be clear on what you want to create. I used to be way too focused on 'needing to know' what was wrong, and I am learning to be totally happy just focusing on the outcome I want to create. I think by having that focus, anyone can enjoy health dowsing. You'd still need good basic skills and some general knowledge, but not all that much. It also simplifies the process a lot.

I think the harder process is useful for professionals, as patients want to know what's wrong. It's a trust thing. But if we are being our own health guru, skipping that part does make the process easier, and I don't think in most cases you need to know the cause. But that's also something you can dowse.

When you mention 'limited success' with dowsing charts, are you referring to the fact that if the answer isn't on the chart, you're kind of up the creek without a paddle, or something else? I always used to include 'other' on lists and charts, and when you get that answer, it can be a real pain trying to figure out where to take it...I do think that is an issue for lots of folks.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

Yes I agree you don't need to focus too much on what's wrong, sometimes I will go to finding a solution. I don't know if this is a common thing, my speciality if you like, is nutrition and supplements and I have a much bigger success rate if I'm helping other people. I've saved a few people from having invasive tests and helped where doctors haven't been able to help, but don't seem to be able to help myself.

I use charts occasionally where I think, well lets see if I can find something to help and it feels like I'm led on a wild goose chase and my intuition kicks in and the information just doesn't ring true. I can dowse pretty much anything but I'm hopeless at finding lost articles. Chart dowsing has that same feel.
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:28 pm I don't know if this is a common thing, my speciality if you like, is nutrition and supplements and I have a much bigger success rate if I'm helping other people. I've saved a few people from having invasive tests and helped where doctors haven't been able to help, but don't seem to be able to help myself.
In my experience of working with clients and students, this is a common thing that happens when someone embarks on mastering dowsing or a healing method. They will say exactly as you have, that they are great at helping others, but can't seem to get the same great results for themselves. I've found that it doesn't have to be that way if one wants to be able to use their skill to help themselves, but sometimes there are subconscious blocks to overcome.

One of the talents needed for overcoming subconscious blocks is to see patterns. You have shown that you see a pattern here. Once you see the pattern, you can change it. Dowsing is a super way to uncover subconscious blocks. If you have an interest in pursuing that, let me know. We could start a new thread.
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:28 pm I use charts occasionally where I think, well lets see if I can find something to help and it feels like I'm led on a wild goose chase and my intuition kicks in and the information just doesn't ring true. I can dowse pretty much anything but I'm hopeless at finding lost articles. Chart dowsing has that same feel.
You make me laugh. Finding lost objects is not one of my specialties, either. I have had a couple of absolutely amazing good results, and a ton of abjectly awful ones. My feeling is that dowsing applications are like different instruments in an orchestra. Each has its own learning curve, pitfalls and techniques you need to master. And you'll be good at some, but not others. Even the best dowsers don't master more than a few applications. And finding lost objects isn't one of mine.

Though I always tell students it is one of the few dowsing applications I think you could make a decent living at, because people would pay money to find their lost pets and heirlooms. I've just never been attracted to it.

Chart dowsing can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. If the chart isn't really good, or the list is incomplete, it's very frustrating and gets you nowhere. I don't know of any truly complete charts for health dowsing. Do you?
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

In my experience of working with clients and students, this is a common thing that happens when someone embarks on mastering dowsing or a healing method. They will say exactly as you have, that they are great at helping others, but can't seem to get the same great results for themselves. I've found that it doesn't have to be that way if one wants to be able to use their skill to help themselves, but sometimes there are subconscious blocks to overcome.

One of the talents needed for overcoming subconscious blocks is to see patterns. You have shown that you see a pattern here. Once you see the pattern, you can change it. Dowsing is a super way to uncover subconscious blocks. If you have an interest in pursuing that, let me know. We could start a new thread.

I have had a block for many years, not a subconscious one, but it has now gone and I'm entering a new phase of healing.

However, this is an interesting subject, so perhaps for the sake of other members of the forum, any advice would be welcome.
Lynnie
Novice
Novice

Post by Lynnie »

You make me laugh. Finding lost objects is not one of my specialties, either. I have had a couple of absolutely amazing good results, and a ton of abjectly awful ones. My feeling is that dowsing applications are like different instruments in an orchestra. Each has its own learning curve, pitfalls and techniques you need to master. And you'll be good at some, but not others. Even the best dowsers don't master more than a few applications. And finding lost objects isn't one of mine.

Though I always tell students it is one of the few dowsing applications I think you could make a decent living at, because people would pay money to find their lost pets and heirlooms. I've just never been attracted to it.

Chart dowsing can be like looking for a needle in a haystack. If the chart isn't really good, or the list is incomplete, it's very frustrating and gets you nowhere. I don't know of any truly complete charts for health dowsing. Do you?

Very interesting that this subject of lost items comes up now. Only yesterday I lost a torch and was looking for it, not having any memory of using it or removing it from its usual place and thinking how could I lose something so big. So I thought I'd dowse for it, even though my history of finding lost items is nil. I began to ask is the torch in my lounge, my bedroom and quickly established that the pendulum/source was not liking the reference to 'my lounge' / 'my bedroom' and preferred 'the room in which I sleep', 'the room in which I watch TV'. Once I'd established that, it led me the room and the exact place the torch was in. So I'll try this again when I lose something else

The dowsing charts I use are in this book. There are many charts of all sorts of this, some health charts but I've yet to see charts purely on health / medical issues.

The Pendulum Instruction Chart Book: The Doorway To Knowing Your Intuitive Mind Paperback – by Dale W. Olson
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:08 am

The dowsing charts I use are in this book. There are many charts of all sorts of this, some health charts but I've yet to see charts purely on health / medical issues.

The Pendulum Instruction Chart Book: The Doorway To Knowing Your Intuitive Mind Paperback – by Dale W. Olson
Yeah, his book is a must-have for anyone using charts. But although I own a couple other books supposedly with charts on health, I found them to be incomplete. So I won't mention them.

I don't use charts anymore, but one source I'd like to recommend is Juanita Ott at http://mirrorwaters.com. I think I first made her acquaintance at an ASD conference, and she spoke at our first Dowsing World Summit in 2012. She has a ton of charts on offer, and I think she's currently the best source, though I don't know how extensive her collection of health-related charts are. But anyone who likes charts should check her site out and invest in some of her charts and see how they like them.
Maggie
Copper Supporter
Copper Supporter
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Maggie »

Lynnie wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:01 am

I have had a block for many years, not a subconscious one, but it has now gone and I'm entering a new phase of healing.

However, this is an interesting subject, so perhaps for the sake of other members of the forum, any advice would be welcome.
I may start another thread on dowsing for subconscious blocks, but it probably doesn't belong here, so I'll think about where to put it... :D