Dowsing for gold in Western Australia

the place to post any media reports about dowsers and dowsing .
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Dowsing for gold in Western Australia

Post by Grahame »

WA gold diviner Bob Biggs says 99 out of 100 people are sceptical of the bush art, 'but that's their bad luck'
Bob Biggs has had a nose for gold since he was a teenager when he worked underground on Western Australia's historic Gwalia mine before it closed in 1963.
Now 84, the retired boilermaker and pastoralist is one of only a handful of water diviners remaining in WA.

But Mr Biggs, who now lives in Mundijong in Perth's outer suburbs, is also a self-described gold diviner.

He readily admits that "99 out of 100" people are sceptics who brush off the bush art as a parlour trick.
"When I tell people I divine for gold, they say 'it doesn't work' or 'it's bulls**t'," he said.

"I just let them go on their way if that's their attitude, that's their bad luck."
For divining rods, he has used the same piece of fencing wire since 1973, when he was working on the remote Yeelirrie Station in WA's northern Goldfields.

He also uses a gold necklace as a pendulum which he says helps him to determine the depth of water or minerals beneath the surface.

"Before metal detectors this is what the early day prospectors used … I taught myself by what I read in books," he said.
Click Here for full story.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Dowsing for gold in Western Australia

Post by mike »

GO BOB, just wish I could walk the bush and dowse mate, well just wish I could walk !!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Don’t think at my age I could get a visa to travel to AUSTRALIA, unless I wear a black wig and bribe the airport control, give away is the unsteady walk and odd fall. But nothing to stop dowsing on Google for the folks looking for water and gold.
Ian Pegler
Expert
Expert

Post by Ian Pegler »

Nice story.

Ian
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

Wonder if I can interest the Australian Skeptics to give me a test, I could use that reward !! :D

Another Gold Mine is to the west of Gruyere Gold Mine, where is my passport ??
Found another place near Super Mine/Kalgoorlie Mine, OZ has loads of undiscovered Gold Mines, like cow pats in a field !!
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Post by mike »

I wonder why every Gold Mine you can see on the planet is a huge great hole dug out, why cant they dig a Gold mine like a coal mine straight down and bring the raw soil out in tubs to be crushed and the Gold removed. I understand each Gold mine has different strata and where the Gold vein/reef runs, and the problem of local water and flooding, but to remove millions of tonnes of soil to expose a small amount of paydirt seems overkill. WHY not have a sort of tunnel borer but running straight down,just boring a hole and remove the right amount of soil where the Gold reef runs down. You could bring the soil up perhaps by sucking it upwards in pipes like the Gold Divers do out off Nome Alaska, I know any mine would be much deeper, but a suction pump of good power on the surface, or one underground adding suction would work, or better still one at the surface sucking, and the one underground BLOWING....The Gold Mines I have found all have except one a Gold vein/reef running off some distance at great depth away from the pipe going straight down, so any Gold mine has to be checked for the feeder pipe below it, pushing the yellow iron up from the planets core !! I am going to check out the Gold Mines in Australia to see if those at Super Mine and Gruyere have feeder vein below them ,bet the owners are not aware of this, so I will check any disused mines as well, you never know what you might find ??

Not saying much more, but Im right, Im in the wrong job !! :cry: