Does Water Divining Actually Work?

the place to post any media reports about dowsers and dowsing .
Grahame
Site Admin
Site Admin
Proficient
Proficient

Does Water Divining Actually Work?

Post by Grahame »

A nice little article on #dowsing in Country Life magazine, mentioning BSD and (sadly) water dowser Linda Fentum who tragically died in a diving accident while on holiday in Scotland last week.
Country Life wrote:Widely thought to be a form of witchcraft, water divining relies on a pair of rods and ‘the uncanny reaction of the human nervous system’ to factors unknown. Yet it is still employed by water companies today, discovers Catriona Gray.

Water divining is one of those things that sounds utterly improbable until you see it for yourself. For me, it happened last summer. Workmen were digging trenches in our garden and we were all worrying about the digger hitting the water pipe, the location of which had always been unknown.

To our surprise, the very pragmatic engineer whipped out a set of divining rods and had not merely located, but had also mapped the course of the pipe in less than a minute. Still sceptical, we tentatively dug where he suggested and, sure enough, the spade soon struck metal. There was the 100-year-old water pipe, following a course that defied all logical pre- dictions, but that had somehow been found, using only a pair of bent copper rods.
CLICK HERE for full article.
Grahame
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it - Terry Pratchett.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Does Water Divining Actually Work?

Post by mike »

Sounds like our sort of chap to call when you have water problems, as for witchcraft, where did I put my broom now ?? I think the pointy hat may have other uses other than to keep your head dry in the rain, Im working on that one, write up what I find, could be fun.
mike
Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter
Professional
Professional

Re: Does Water Divining Actually Work?

Post by mike »

Years ago I was dowsing a friends garden where he found an old coin, and I hit a coin target there, and it turned out to be the same type of old coin he found first time but deeper. Then I hit another target down further still, so after digging another 3 feet down I came to a running water vein, no coin but water and clear water at that. We called it a day and made a cup of tea, then afterwards tried to back fill the huge hole in the garden, before his wife came home from work. :lol: